Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Old vinyl express master disk and dongle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old vinyl express master disk and dongle
Diana Lynn Wentzel
Visitor
Member # 11644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana Lynn Wentzel   Email Diana Lynn Wentzel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reaching out to all my fellow sign makers out there... does anyone have or know of someone who might have an old vinyl express master set that they may be willing to part with? Ours was purchased back in 1997, and now the dongle doesn't seem to be working. It's the only sign program that we own and apparently we are out of business doing vinyl without it. Please help.....

--------------------
Diana Lynn Wentzel
AwesomeAir
814 S. Home Avenue
Kokomo, Indiana 46901

Posts: 5 | From: Kokomo, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you update the OPERATING SYSTEM?? say like from XP to WIN 8-10???? that will cause it not to work.....and what VERSION IS YOURS??? new one is LXI 12......can get a version for under $500.
https://www.signwarehouse.com/lxi-vinyl-cutting-software

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have a brand new, unopened,(very old version) of Vinyl Express sitting on a shelf at home. I am currently in Mexico, but when I get back home later this month, I'll check it out and let you know. If you still need it then I can easily mail it to you.

I don't remember how I came to own it, maybe it was one of those old chat room "draws"? Or maybe a door prize at a Letterhead meet?

I always used CorelDraw for design and cutting so I never even opened the packaging.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Vinyl Express master, the same as Vinyl Master pro ?

We were posted a free CD of VM Pro back in about 2000 or 2001, but the trial worked for a month, and you had to pay for the key to unlock it to become a full version.

I did try the trial, and it caused the PC to crash - in the Win 98SE days - so never used it again, though I believe the full program is OK.

Like Dave I ended up with Corel Draw (though I used Flexi version 5 and 6 years ago also)

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIKE BOONE was an avid VM PRO user. he passed away couple years ago. no idea of what became of his sign busness or any of the contents. he was in SODUS, N.Y. might call his family and inquire if they still have the softweare and dongle

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vinyl Express Master and Vinyl Master are different softwares.

Vinyl Express Master is FlexiSign but sold through Signwarehouse.
I'm still using Vinyl Express Master 6.6 v1
My version will only work up to windows xp.

Bought a new windows 7 machine which also runs xp by virtual machine. Was able to load this old software in the xp side...works fine.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one if you are interested let me know.

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana Lynn Wentzel
Visitor
Member # 11644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana Lynn Wentzel   Email Diana Lynn Wentzel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very big thank you out there to everyone out there who commented or offered advice about our very old vinyl express master search.? We are still hopeful and looking for someone out there with a very old version.

--------------------
Diana Lynn Wentzel
AwesomeAir
814 S. Home Avenue
Kokomo, Indiana 46901

Posts: 5 | From: Kokomo, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diana, We got back home to Canada this afternoon and I just checked all my CD's/DVD's and I no longer have a copy of that program. I got it soooo long ago and never used it so I probably gave it away when I retired or just tossed it.

Sorry. [Confused]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

diana, i understand your wanting what youre used to.....BUT you need to try something that is AVAILABLE and will be......for time to come.
not knowing PLOTTER or OS your using hard to give any exact help.
can say i know very well how to use COREL to a ROLAND.... as i have been doing it since 92. no dongle needed. went this route since i was offered GERBER STUFF when i went computer..and glad i went this way. i design and CUT right from corel. NOTHING ELSE.
1. INKSCAPE it is a free program. looks a lot like most sign programs. not sure a bout cutting from it.
2. COREL. any version will cut to a ROLAND & i heard they have a driver to a GRAPHTEC.
3. SIGN WIZARD...... really neat little program. not as expensive as FLEXI/SIGN LAB but an easy to to use program.
take look here: cant beat the price
https://shop.easysign.com/ewb-master-bundle.html

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!