Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » I need help with old Casmate program

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help with old Casmate program
Wade Barton
Visitor
Member # 3975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Barton   Author's Homepage   Email Wade Barton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me crazy, but I'm still using the DOS version of Casmate. Is there any old timers out there that might be able to help me?

--------------------
Wade Barton
Sign City
320 F Street
P.O. Box 83
Hawthorne, Nevada 89415
mojosigns@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 4 | From: Hawthorne, Nevada USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce Bowers is still young enough to remember how to work it. I used it for years, but switched as soon as the windows version came on the scene.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Bruce Bowers "Dr CAS" would have been my suggestion too.

I think he was still in diapers when he started using CasMate!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original CasMate was an Israeli program. I was ver impressed with it when I first saw it and bought it for just under $4000. What a wonderful transition from the Gerber 4B, to something with a screen that didn't require as much math and had scanning capability. But for today, sounds like you're driving to work in a Model A on the freeway?

[ March 23, 2017, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Rick Sacks ]

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent a private message to,Bruce , hopefully he will contact you or reply

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody is nudging Bruce. I just talked to him, he said never had the dos version.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Barton
Visitor
Member # 3975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Barton   Author's Homepage   Email Wade Barton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You all. I thought there would be some interesting comments. You didn't disappoint me.

--------------------
Wade Barton
Sign City
320 F Street
P.O. Box 83
Hawthorne, Nevada 89415
mojosigns@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 4 | From: Hawthorne, Nevada USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a DOS version of LETTER ART(symbol graphics)i thinks its 5.0 with dongle somwhere around here. but i find it hard to belive you have computer that can run a DOS 5.0-6.0 program on todays computers. and really the simplicity of a lot of the newer programs are so simple to get used to.
can you D/L INKSCAPE? its free. play with it to see how much easier these new windows programs are.
look at COREL, any version from 7.0 to X8 will be almost the same. 7,8 9, 10 12, X3,X4 can be had for minimal monies....not sure what plotter you have, but ROLAND, GRAPHTEC work well from corel.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

What specifically is it that you want help with in the old CasMate program? I don't know if Kent still owns JSI in Atlanta, but he was quite skilled and fluent with that program. I bought mine from him.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

Wade Barton
Visitor
Member # 3975

I'm trying to get a second plotter running and I can't seem to get them to communicate. Thanks for the ideas.

--------------------
Wade Barton
Sign City
320 F Street
P.O. Box 83
Hawthorne, Nevada 89415
mojosigns@sbcglobal.net

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAS MATE DOS VERSION... i taking a stab here
IS MORE THEN LIKLY A 8 BIT, maybe 16 BIT PROGRAM.
ok??? most plotters NOW wont read 8 bit some will do 16 bit.
most computers now are 32 or 64 bit operating system............so you see why things dont communicate?
its is a file problem, the old casmate can be changed to AI or EPS........ so they can be used on other programs.
i think your beating a dead horse.......perusing this further...........is just a waste of time.
D/L INSCAPE.............. learn to play with it..
GET COREL....... at least you will be in the 21 century

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you an email. I can maybe help you out.

There is a reason they call me DrCAS.... [Embarrassed] )

[ March 29, 2017, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Bruce Bowers ]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wade Barton
Visitor
Member # 3975

I want you all to know how much I appreciate your time and thoughts. 25 years ago I needed a job. I purchased the Kaufman sign making books, brushes and paint from an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics. It's been a great ride. This is a true brotherhood. Cheers!

--------------------
Wade Barton
Sign City
320 F Street
P.O. Box 83
Hawthorne, Nevada 89415
mojosigns@sbcglobal.net

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!