Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Adverse Effects From Technology ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adverse Effects From Technology ???
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is kind of off topic, but it's something that perhaps affects us all, without our realization that it's happening. My daughter-in-law has been diagnosed with MS, and has developed Electromagnetic Radiation Sensitivity, as a complication. That basically means that she's become hyper sensitive to almost all electromagnetic fields, including microwaves, cell phone signals, satelite frequencies, broadband signals etc. It's severeley impacted her ability to function daily, and even her ability to get a sound night's sleep. She's stated that she feels like one of those old-time canaries in a coal mine that detected harmful gasses before they got to explosive levels.

While we've mostly all embraced technology and the fact that it's eased our collective workloads, maybe it's time to examine if the benefit comes at a cost that we're not entirely aware of. As an example, the proliferation of cell phones, and all of those signals that they alone generate. Those millions of signals aren't only being received by the phones called, but also by our very bodies. Just maybe we've become like that frog who was slowly being cooked as the temperature rose ever so gradually in his watery environment. Given the correct frequency, Microwaves have the capacity to cook, but I doubt that anyone's teenaged daughter considers this when sending texts & selfies to her friends. Our environment has changed as a result of technology, and we hardly even noticed it happening.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After viewing the inane content of some text and social media strings, I wonder if the originators and recipients aren't already "cooked" a bit. Of course, my ramblings might just prove the point.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a bit of a concern...

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cell phones recently started working in our town, and for many years there has been a battle going on about the broadcasting of wi-fi and cell signals. The sensitives lost the battle here. It was nice to see a place where people still talked to each other and watched where they were going when they crossed the street.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My concern isn't so much about the current state of electronic signals, but rather what their cumulative affects might be down the road. Maybe our grandchildren will begin having reproductive problems, or possibly having their children born with birth defects as a result of exposure ? One thing is certain, they're proliferating at a fast rate, and are probably not likley to decline anytime within our lifetimes, and we are ALL being continiously exposed to them.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the industry is going to deny that cell phones have any inherit danger but there is still no proof and some compelling evidence that they could very well be harmful of exposure is too great. I try to keep my phone at least 3 feet away from me whenever possible and use wired ear buds for music and phone conversations of any duration to prevent direct contact with my head.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting tendonitis in left thumb...the one I use to control my tv remote...does that count?

[ November 23, 2016, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty,

You may now have to walk uphill 6 miles in the snow to change channels. Just remember, it's another 6 miles uphill again through that blizzard back to your recliner.

Tough world without technology...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, try using your nose. Watching the mistakes might be interesting and it will give your thumb a break.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!