Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Customers Still Don't Know What I Do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Customers Still Don't Know What I Do
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today at a body shop job, new body shop customer, the owner asks me if I do any vinyl lettering. I, of course said "yes", and that bout 80% of what I do is vinyl. He says. "I thought you just did painted lettering". Customer, who I have done many signs for, painted and vinyl, not to mention digital prints, asks me if I "Make stickers for her horse trailer?" Nuther customer didn't know I could make printed floor graphics for his pawn shop business. Is it my age, my looks (Dump looking) my height? Do I need to show up at all jobs with a one-man orchestra and a hip hop hype man. He can do a wrap bout my "Mad Skills with out any Frills,,,,Yeah! (Deep Voice Yeah)

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3813 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia...you've just experienced what we have all gone through. If you do a banner for someone, they think that's all you do. Same with vehicles, wall, etc.

It's the nature of the beast.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick Samsel
Visitor
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mick Samsel   Email Mick Samsel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered, and then it dawned on me - I do the same thing - it's just a way to start a conversation. As simple as that.

--------------------
Mick Samsel
Creative Services
Cherokee, IA

Posts: 498 | From: Cherokee, Ia USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick B
Visitor
Member # 26430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick B   Email Rick B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you only did log trucks [Eek!]

--------------------
Rick Bowerman

Posts: 79 | From: Wildomar, Ca | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you were a film maker?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... You could show up with a 27ft tall, blinking neon sign listing all the services you offer and some people would still say - 'oh - I didn't know you did ______' or they would ask of you do something NOT on the sign ...

After 27 years in this biz in one small town to boot, it's hard to be surprised anymore, buy every now & then I still get a CRAZY question and I'm like . . . WHERE have you been? Don't you know I do EVERYTHING ...lol

Well - I don't do everything - but I know how to do just about anything in sign-biz ...

Here's the sign in my shop that kinda explains ...

We, the unwilling led by the unknowing, have done so much for so long with so little, we are no qualified to anything with nothing ...

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!