Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Casmate Pro 6 Download?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Casmate Pro 6 Download?
Buddy Norris
Resident

Member # 49

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buddy Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Buddy Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dbl lung transplant 2 years ago and a couple of back surgeries. So I'm no longer in the sign business officially. The only sign software I ever used was casmate pro 6. How can I download that on my home mac from the internet and how much$? The version I downloaded at my shop is still on floppy discs so they don't work on my new Mac lol. Any info is appreciated.

--------------------
Norris Sign Works
102 Doogle Lane
Shallotte, N.C.

Posts: 117 | From: Shallotte, N.C. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not aware that casmate was able to run on a mac...

And as far as downloading, I wouldn't hold your breath (but I may be wrong)... that program is so old, it isn't even close to available. In fact, I would suspect that scanvec won't even go after the people that have a "crack" for it.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 750 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CASmate is officially an orphaned program. No further development was made on it after the introduction of Inspire. Tech support ended a short time later.

There was a MAC version available for a short time. However, the size of the market foe this program dictated that it was foolish to keep up with in that arena. Most MAC users at the time were using Illustrator along with Sign Post as a bridge program.

I have a copy of CASmate 6.52 along with a keyless exe file for it. Seeing that I am not too awfully far away, maybe we could get together on this.

I have my doubts about it working on a MAC but maybe you could get it to go.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6465 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, did you just tell a man who had a double lung transplant to not hold his breath? 😯
Hope things are going doing well Buddy.

[ October 14, 2016, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: David Wright ]

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2787 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Wright:
Mark, did you just tell a man who had a double lung transplant to not hold his breath? 😯
Hope things are going doing well Buddy.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about that... I was trying to say delicately that it can be had by "other means", without saying that it could be cracked...

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com

Posts: 750 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CASMATE WILL NOT RUN ON ANY OS AFTER WIN98SE.
VISTA MAYBE, XP NO, WIN 7 no way.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick Samsel
Visitor
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mick Samsel   Email Mick Samsel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I struggled with Flexi, voodoo things to make it work, it almost locked up or was worthless. So I researched and ended up with SignCut. pretty happy with it.
Then one day I tried an old Flexi file and it worked, and I've stayed with it, 99% of all my jobs are in Flexi.
I would assume SignCut would work on El Capitan Mac OS, but haven't tested it. I'm running Flexi on my iMac, OS 10.6.11.
My MacBook Pro is El Capitan.
Good luck, check out SignCut.

--------------------
Mick Samsel
Creative Services
Cherokee, IA

Posts: 499 | From: Cherokee, Ia USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

I have casmate on xp...

It may have something to do with no dongle...

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used CASmate on Win 7 on the virtual computer. Worked awesome.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6465 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it not working has to do with 32-64 bit. older programs like it were 16 bit and most people are running 64 bit WIN 7. IT MAY run in 32 bit but does not contain 32-64 bit code...

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

I use Win 7 Pro 64 bit. CASmate runs fine.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!