Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Detroitville Letterville

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Detroitville Letterville
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh, are we becoming Detroitville? Remember how great we was? At least 10 new posts everyday from all over the world. And then the beast, not Walmart but the beast Facebook has taken our beloved viewers and family into the deepest darkness of the world wide web never to be heard from again unless you sign you life away and become a chained servant of Facebook. " Oh the horror, the horror!. Yeah, that's a bit much, but I do miss the old times and who doesn't.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl - [For Your Information]

if it's any consolation ...

I hate - in no certain order:
FB & Wal-Mart.

I am not on Facebook, FacePage, MyFace, MyPage, YourFace, YourPage, Pintrest, Etsy, or any other kind of get-connected or linked-up site such as that.

However, aside from Letterville, I am an IMDB member bc I love movies & discussions about movies, and an Asperger's blog I contribute to sometimes.

I am, apparently one of the last disconnected persons - lol.

I don't care what's going on in the personal lives & photos of my friends AND all their friends and all their friends . . .

I still prefer to look at photos in a real photo album, or at least on their phone over salad & a glass of wine, and I still like live phone conversations.

I still have a landline phone & my desktop with my sign program which runs my plotter, is still NOT on-line.

I do everything from my cell phone.

But I do want to have a web-site soon ...

I also do email,
and I DO LOVE texting - and it's kind of amazing how many of my customers like to exchange specs & recieve quotes & layouts via text!

Text is also,a pretty cool way to stay connected with my grown daughters as we exchange sweet notes, links for music, photos of our work & travel, and schedules to meet.

[ August 12, 2016, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup! I agree and am one of the few people left that doesn't subscribe to it or Tweeter!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also a person who has no interest in "social media".

At the insistence of a few relatives, I tried Facebook for about a month, decided it was not for me and "unsubscribed". But it took a couple of months of totally ignoring any link to Facebook to finally be free from it.

I still have a landline phone, an unlocked smartphone for talking and texting whether I am in Canada or Mexico and e-mails work for me too.

Skype and MagicJack work for international calls just fine.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not going to believe this...but I am a testament to the fact that one can exist in today's world without one...I'm 1 of only 6 people in America without a cell phone...what can I say...I like the simple life...the less clutter jumbled up in my head the better...I am retired so that does make it easier...but since my camera just broke...I like the idea of a pocket camera...so in the near future there may be only 5 people existing in America without one.

About FB...I sometimes will scroll through my wife's FB...I see photos of what I swear have to be happiest people on the planet...they say look at these pictures of my life...see how happy I am...happy...happy...happy... don't you wish you were me...not only am I happy out of my mind...but look what I'm about to eat and you're not...I know some of the people on her FB...and the picture that some paint of their lives is not the reality they live...in fact one of those insanely happy FB people is unhappily living in our basement right now because he can't get along with his insanely happy FB wife...to be fair that is only a few...but FB...to some extent ...does seem to be a contest among friends... or friends of friends... to see who can out happy the other.

Of course I come here to share some sign stuff...but that's it for me...in defense of my wife's FB addiction...I realize that it is a great way to stay connected and be interactive with family and friends...I'm not a total scrooge...but a little bit...she gets hours of entertainment from FB...she has over 600 friends and her FB page is almost on a continuous roll of new postings.

[ August 12, 2016, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to say it gang, but social media is here to stay, just like the metric system or the VCR.

In no time we will have it all under one site where there will be no ads, hackproof and no one will ever forget passwords. ....Yeah right.

Time marches on and a few of us still know how to use a maul stick with our Lucos and leaded one shot.

I just paint pictures today and no more signs. Still use the proven techniques that Leonardo used 500 years ago. Oh well. We dinosaurs will manage somehow, but Letterville will hopefully survive!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geeez Rusty....Here I was, thinking you and Joe must be in constant contact via text messages, figuring out what to post next!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [I Don t Know] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this isn't facebook???

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave...no matter how hard I try...I just don't have a good comeback on that one...you got me.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always admired this about Mudflap Girl....that she doesn't use FacePuke. And now, the rest of you, too. Your stock just went up!

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia,

I came back trolling this morning because I missed the old letterville. The old rules, I miss Steve putting his foot down on politics, guns and religion. we all used to come together over a passion we all shared. People whom I had great report here in Letterville have become divided on Facebook because of politics, guns and religion. It seems I have allowed my own views to cloud my own judgements. I'm gratefull Letterville is still here. Great post.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Bob! Pay no attention to the "Poli'ticks" post that is flaming now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2273 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!