Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » CAUTION - poli'ticks involved (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: CAUTION - poli'ticks involved
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than one word...the word "crap"...Did I just hear Joe actually make a calm, courteous, and polite post request...well at least one good thing has come out of this mess...he is capable.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ONLY IN AMERICA …

# 10 Only in America ...could politicians talk
about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 per
plate Obama campaign fund-raising event.

# 09 Only in America... could people claim that
the government still discriminates against
black Americans when they have a black
President, a black Attorney General and
roughly 20% of the federal workforce is
black while only 14% of the population is black,
40+% of all federal entitlements goes to
black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites,
5X the rate that go to Hispanic

# 08 Only in America... could they have had the
two people most responsible for our tax
code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the
Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once
ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn
out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

# 07 Only in America... can they have terrorists
kill people in the name of Allah and have the
media primarily react by fretting that Muslims
might be harmed by the backlash.

# 06 Only in America... would they make people
who want to legally become American citizens
wait for years in their home countries and pay
tens of thousands of dollars for the
privilege, while they discuss letting anyone
who sneaks into the country illegally just
'magically' become American citizens.
(probably should be number one)

# 05 Only in America ... could the people who
believe in balancing the budget and sticking by
the country's Constitution be called
EXTREMISTS

# 04 Only in America ... could you need to
present a driver's license to cash a check
or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

# 03 Only in America ... could people demand the
government investigate whether oil companies
are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a
major U.S. Oil company (Marathon Oil) is less
than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

# 02 Only in America... could you collect more
tax dollars from the people than any nation
in recorded history, still spend a Trillion
dollars more than it has per year - for total
spending of $7 Million PER MINUTE, and complain
that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

# 01 Only in America.... could the rich people -
who pay 86% of all income taxes - be
accused of not paying their "fair share" by
people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

Bonus: " Only in America do you have to pass a
drug test to get a pay check, yet any crack
head can get their welfare check no
questions asked."

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Moroney
Resident

Member # 9498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Moroney   Email Bob Moroney       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si, please don't confuse the discussion with FACTS. FACTS give OP ((((intergesionmmmmrere)))))
So happy to have you back Si.

--------------------
Bob Moroney
The Sign Guy
310 Club Valley Drive
Falmouth, MA 02536
508-259-6297

Posts: 216 | From: Falmouth, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si...Letterville house rules against discussing politics don't apply to you...you get a medical exemption from the rules...get well soon...and from the looks of your post... you're well on the road to recovery.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Rusty, you all have crossed the line from early on in this ine, not just the line you draw.

Steve would have never allowed this and I am not sure Barb even looks in much.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

David... curious which of my post or posts you are referencing...thought I tried to be even handed with a mixture of good hearted play and banter...purposely trying to be the moderate all the way up to the Hitler comparison.

[ August 10, 2016, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, I am not prejudice racially speaking.

There are mindsets & actions that I am prejudice against and these come in varied sizes, both genders, & many colours.

Rusty, no apologies for my comments about Obama.
I am sorry that you were deeply offended by the comments because I consider you a brother in this biz, but as siblings, then brother, we may simply have to agree to disagree regarding the incumbent . . .

I did state that I was being completely UN-objective with that particular comment.
I have not & will never lose all sense of objectivity ...

But regarding this president, I cannot be objective.

The reason I believe he has the heart of a guy like Hitler is because he is anti-semitic & pro-Muslim.

And don't even get me started on the healthcare fiasco . . .

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the 1st POST........ you made shelia......SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PUT HERE......
AS you have witnessed its total irrelevance to SIGNS..... and the code of this board. sorta like kicking dirt on STEVES GRAVE....... if you did this in good conscience i and other here think you need to remove the whole post.........i tried to add some HUMOR....... but going totally bonkers show how far the right is.........wrong.
got 3 -4 people here think it needs to come down, if nothing else SHELIA...... call barb and ASK HER TO REMOVE IT..... NOW go paint a frickin sign.........you dood that wonderfully)))

[ August 10, 2016, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Sheila...It's simple to me...if you want to vent your political feelings then feel free to do so...but just somewhere else...not among a bunch of old sign makers with varying political views...I have strong political opinions...I dare say as strong as your's...but no way would I air them in here out of respect for those who may differ...only contention and hard feelings will result ...and in the end...no one's mind is changed anyway...it's a no win situation.

[ August 10, 2016, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that 2.....in AGREEMENT.........THANK YOU RUSTY

[ August 11, 2016, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Thompson
Visitor
Member # 2395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email David Thompson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to this place? A few years back I was talking with a friend who is a house painter. We were talking about work related forums, his most popular forum would belittle people who asked questions experienced members thought were trivial and they just were mean to noobies of the profession. While I told him how great this forum was. I told him if I had a question, with an hour or two I would have an answer.

So this is what it's come down to, bitching about politics. How sorry is that!

--------------------
David Thompson
Pro-Line Graphics
Martinsville, NJ

I'm not this dumb, it's just the paint fumes talkin'

Posts: 396 | From: Martinsville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well . . . several things to address ...

1. I already explained why I posted the 'orange' topic.

2. Rusty, & especially OP - interesting that you all posted very many completely unobjective comments throughout this thread to which I simply replied:
' so much for 'objectivity'
I wonder why you posted a photo of Hitler OP?

Now, suddenly - my comment to the Hitler photo is unnacceptable & the two guys who were having the most fun here are scolding me and want the whole thread removed?
hmmm. Maybe your just really noticing the seriousness in some of your own comments here ...?

3. Are you reading any of my comments here other than the ones you reply diectly to? I don't mind having the whole thread removed or locked.
I already invited Barb to do so -

meanwhile ...

4.Free speech still abounds.

5.Regarding 'off-topic' posts - I've never had a problem with any off-topic post - if it's an off-topic subject-thread which I disagree with, or otherwise have no meaningful input, I simply ignore it.
I never lamblast anyone about it.
Pretty easy.

(Dave)Thompson, if you dislike the content of an entire thread - why would you bother to read or even comment on it? Your reply here isn't a problem, but may best be served by creating a whole new topic on the subject of topics not related to signs.

Since I assume sign-biz is only 99.9% of our world and we don't live in a total vacuum, then other subjects besides signs would naturally be shared sometimes.

I mean, there's even a little gremlin for off-topic posts so I assume they aren't barred.

6. OP - I am not going to remove the first post. Illogical.
It would completely skew the original content and context of every following reply.
(PS: I'm paintin', I'm paintin')

(edited for spelling - the only thing I'm anal about)

[ August 11, 2016, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Sheila...off topic subjects that might be of interest or fun should be welcome...but everyone knows that religion and politics are near impossible to discuss without contention and hard feelings...so why do it...this forum is based on the commonality of sign making...religion and political subject matter are some of my favorite topics...as a young man I even studied for the ministry...but I am well aware of how easily buttons can be pushed in discussing religion and politics...it's just a poor decision to introduce those subjects into this forum.

[ August 11, 2016, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

SHEILA....i didnt mean REMOVE THE 1ST POST..... i ment NONE OF IT should have been made to begin with......
and all i was adding was IN HUMOR......trying to make what you posted FUNNY..... nope it didnt work......got the radical right riled up.....is all you accomplished.......

[ August 11, 2016, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man...you shoulda seen what I wrote and couldn't push the add reply button.

The protagonists acting all innocent now...oh my, look at her...what a joke.

Ugly, ugly, ugly thread. I would be ASHAMED to send anybody to letterville right now. Seriously, would any of you?

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Don - on August 6 I invited Barb to, and assumed Barb would lock or delete this thread.

I have formally emailed and asked her to do so.

I would have emailed this reply to you - but have no contact info for you.

(pre-edited to keep from saying what I really intended to say to Coplen)

[ August 12, 2016, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Sheila...you are a passionate lady...if you are as passionate about your work... as you are for the orange man...then the sign industry is lucky and so are we here in Letterville ...I'm looking forward to more funny and well written comments from you...after all the back and forth that went on... if I hurt your feelings forgive me... I think that taking it upon yourself to contact Barb was a brave thing to do...that took guts...thanks

Just for the record...I only know what I read in here...and I saw only one person asking for the post to be deleted...and that was that ornery old cuss from down there in Pensacola...OP...Joe once told us that while playing as a child he accidently hung himself...knowing Joe... I would say his brain must have suffered oxygen deprivation at that time...that would explain a lot of things and when I look at it that way...I can accept and love Joe for who he is...it helps some times anyway.

[ August 12, 2016, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

you forgot i BEEN DEAD.........once already.....20 minutes of no oxygen to the brain)))

[ August 12, 2016, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

I've heard that lack of oxygen to the brain can affect one's ability to spell and capitalize correctly..as well those parts of the brain that process logic...luckily you weren't affected.

[ August 12, 2016, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone faints from laughing too hard, falls down, and suffers a concussion, can they sue someone on an internet forum?
[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...don't blame me...you set yourself up for that one.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

see how you are.............hahahahahahahahaa

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it funny that the guy that thought the thread should be removed is the only one in the discussion that's been banned from Letterville.

Rusty, you're lucky I had my seat belt fastened as it prevented me from falling out of my wobbly chair (reason for the seat belt) with laughter thus avoiding a concussion and a lawsuit. But not to worry, I could never sue a great guy like you.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

If there's a law suit...it should be a class action suit...filed against Joseph Pribish...for all the mental anguish he has put us through over the years...and Judge Judy should adjudicate the case.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

HEY SHERWOOD...... I AM ALSO THE ONLY GUY HERE WHO HAD TO DIE........... to get back in here))))))
rusty........mental anguish??? your derogatorily demeanor toward me has been prevalent for all these years and you have no idea of the pain and suffering and LOSS OF SLEEP...you have caused ME)))))))))))))))hHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Sue me then.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

love ya brother))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Joe got kicked out of Letterville AND the hereafter?

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

[ August 15, 2016, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

god said.............joe, go back and AGGRAVATE SHERBY AND RUSTY.................they need more punishment))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...I don't think that was God speaking.

[ August 15, 2016, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got extra popcorn... Anybody want any?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...was rereading this thread and it occurred to me that maybe we should cut back on the "love talk" a little...people might talk.

[ August 15, 2016, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

its ok sweetie.........ill never tell)))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce, Put the popcorn away. Lets get Chinese. I'll buy. [Smile]

[Cool]

[ August 16, 2016, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick,

Can I tag along?

All I'll say about the presidential race is that when it comes to hair, nothing trumps the Donald!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

ONLY THING BETTER THEN TRUMPS HAIR......are all these little trumps))) [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trump's hair is no tribble at all in comparison!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, this is what Facebook is good for. Joe can be your first friend or relationship (it's complicated)

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!