Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » long time no see!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long time no see!
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's everyone?

I'm moving shop and am expecting a new HP FB 550 Printer in the next couple of weeks.. big changes for sure.. I don't use gerber that much anymore but was wondering what sign making software are most of you using these days? What are the pros and cons? Is Corel your go to software? Whats Flexi Sign Like? or do you use something else?

Thanks

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still use Corel for most every thing
I obtained Signlab 9.1 for $750 with their upgrade from any other sign type software, I used corel draw for the upgrade,, and it works great.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Neil on all your changes going on! We go between Flexi and Corel, using Flexi most of the time. All our printing, cutting and even laser engraving is done from Flexi.

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 575 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Flexi cloud, Corel X7, and Adobe CS6.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks For the feed back... Is Flexi an Subscription Based Software? I have to install on 3 computers...

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welome back, Neil.

Seems we've lost quite a few "regulars" lately, for one reason or another.

I'm pretty much retired myself and haven't been doing too much productively. I have used an older version of Flexi for years, and have never had any issues with it.

I think most of the new softwares are a good bit more advanced, and probably offer more support.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dale...I was a "regular", now I'm just an "occasional".

I'm not "lost", just don't have too many questions anymore and don't have too much "up to date" advice to offer.

(Well, if it comes to CorelDraw, I might have advice available!) LOL [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Neil!!

Don't know much about Technology ...
Don't know much trigonometry ...
But I do know that ...

Hey ... Aint this a song ...?

.,. . What a wonderful world this would be ...

Im,just 'casional too - actually mostly randomly passin' thru the 'ville here - tryin' not to miss any chances to say HEY!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know time passes......and with it, so do some of our members.

It's always sad to hear of any of our folks' passing away; but I had thought that we might have some new people joining to take their place.

When I went up to Cincinnati last year, to the big Letterheads meet, I was so upbeat and proud of all the new people that were getting into the sign business, and had really hoped that maybe some of them would join us.

I know some have gravitated to Facebook; but I just can't really get to enthused in it myself.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Neil...how's your boy doing...I remember your post a few years back when he was leaving home...you were pretty emotional...sounds like a great kid...hope he is doing well.

When it comes to softwares I'm not the man to give advice...but I do use flexi for sign work and have a lot of fun painting in photoshop CS6.

[ July 20, 2016, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corel X7 for 98% of design work. Flexi for the rest and for cutting and printing.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil to answer your question about Flexi - I think you still have a choice - you can purchase it or subscribe. We currently have both.

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 575 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Thanks Everyone for the Kind Words and Suggestions!

Rusty Colin is doing just Fine!! I'm so Proud of him, he's Now a CPA/CA, Certified Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant///Got his designation just about 2 years ago, he worked for the Accounting firm that put him through the program, and just last week left that position and is now working for the Workman's Compensation Board... its a great Job! Thanks for asking! I'm so very lucky as he's only 5 minutes from my shop.. and we get to do lunch together every week!

[ July 25, 2016, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Boys and Girls, it's been a while, Sure do miss all you folks. nice to see that things are still ticking over on the board.
Thanks Shortreeds !

I know we have had some departures for the paintshop in the sky in the years i have missed. I really treasure my memories and pictures of the two walldogs events I got to in the USA. even some I met have gone on, but not from memory. and thankfully they continue to inspire us.

Till the next time, keep Signing!

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!