Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » My Outdoor Studio

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Outdoor Studio
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well after retiring to a little cabin deep in the woods about year or so ago I got talked into making a couple of apartment signs for an old customer...I set up a little work area out back of the cabin where I could sandblast and paint...it feels good to make something again...tomorrow I will go to town and pick some paint colors...I'm bout 30 minutes from a little town that has a Sherwin Williams...I'll post again the finished sign when completed...I love working outdoors...the summer tanagers are nesting somewhere above...I hear them feeding the little ones...and a pair of eastern phoebes have built a nest of grasses and mosses under the edge of the cabin's roof...4 noisy little guys will be leaving the nest any day now...anyway the wife slipped up behind me and shot this pic today while I was priming...I had previously taken a couple of unprimed pics of the sign...this closeup shows the grain effect I get with my wire frame...as loose as the wires were I was somewhat surprised with the results.

- [/URL/
[URL=http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/signsbyrusty/media/hendersonview%20progress%201_zpsyiirstfx.jpg.html]  -

[ May 10, 2016, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rusty...If that is a "little" work area outside your "little" cabin....I'd like to see your idea of a "slightly larger" cabin and work area!!!! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks very peaceful.

Phoebes are some of my favorite birds. Usually a couple of broods a season.

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always the craftsman. The good life.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Wisdom
Resident

Member # 6193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Wisdom   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Wisdom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Rusty, great location!

--------------------
Jeff Wisdom
SignWorks
info@oregonsignworks.com

Posts: 450 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful work, beautiful scenery. What a great place to work.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty - that is a beautiful work space - very spacious!!

I love working outside too.

I have two big 14ft roll-up doors on my shop with a 16x32 porch -
if I have to be working in the shop the doors have to be open nearly all the way except in the coldest weather.

I love bringing work outside under the porch or in the driveway.

One great thing about signbiz is there's something different, and somewhere different all the time - usually outdoors.

Speaking of bird's - I just recently recorded about 6 minutes of myself whistling back and forth with a Bobwhite!

Also do this with whiporwills at times too - learning to cup my hands just right and 'trill' by rocking a finger open & closed to create air pockets.

The Bobwhite was a rather rare thing to hear around here - and occured the thursday before Mothers day.

As a young child I learned about Bobwhites from my mother one day hen I heard the distinct whistle pattern and asked her about it.
I have never forgotten her telling me the name of the bird, and listening to it with her.
She passed away in 2001.

I've probably only heard a Bobwhite 3 or 4 times since that day over 45 years ago, so this recent occurance was really special to me - it always reminds me of her.

Maybe it was my mom saying hello -wishing me a happy Mothers day
. . .
if you believe in that sort of thing . . .

[ May 11, 2016, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheila...if one suspends their logic then it is a nice thought to think that your mom was saying hello...I like you seldom see or hear the Bobwhite anymore...but one afternoon years ago I had a nice experience...I was hiking in some back country...I sat down and leaned back on a young popular tree to rest...as I sat there motionless...just enjoying my surroundings...I heard a rustling in the woodland floor debris from behind...soon a covey of quail moving through the woods on ground passed right through the tree I was leaned on...I remained motionless as they passed through and remained that way until they passed out of sight...some were so close I could have reached out and touched them...I have only seen 1 small covey this year...maybe 6 to 8 birds...and have heard the call maybe twice...I like you have whistled back and forth with Bobwhites through the years...after hearing the male I would always use the female mating call in return...often I could call the male up to within sight...depending on how "horny" he was.

[ May 11, 2016, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful picture, reminded me of the many delightful outdoor jobs that made me feel like a very lucky sign painter that has found his place in life.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks so nice, I can almost hear the little birds churping.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick Samsel
Visitor
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mick Samsel   Email Mick Samsel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the pic and the stories. Beautiful work as always.

--------------------
Mick Samsel
Creative Services
Cherokee, IA

Posts: 498 | From: Cherokee, Ia USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhAt beautiful work. Thank you for sharing

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you've got Rusty's talent they'll hunt you down. Great job Rusty, thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!