Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Mac computer and cutting software - HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mac computer and cutting software - HELP!
Mick Samsel
Visitor
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mick Samsel   Email Mick Samsel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had FlexiSign for decades. And of course they dropped support and newer software for Mac.
Anyone using another software to design and cut from, or better yet, is there software that allows me to design in Illustrator, then send to my cutter. Using Mac OS10.6.8, cutting with a Roland CAMM 1 Pro, model CM300.
To anticipate a suggestion , Roland did not support the CM300 with on cutter plugin to work with Illustrator.
Thanks very much ahead of time for suggestions.
Mick

--------------------
Mick Samsel
Creative Services
Cherokee, IA

Posts: 498 | From: Cherokee, Ia USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i only know of 1 person who cut from a mac. sam sanphilipano in birmingham. skidmore signs is his company name.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick Samsel
Visitor
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mick Samsel   Email Mick Samsel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Joe, I've got a voice message to him on his shop phone. Anyone else with ideas?
Thank you!

Mick

--------------------
Mick Samsel
Creative Services
Cherokee, IA

Posts: 498 | From: Cherokee, Ia USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've run Graphtec's since 1988 when we cut using Signpost. Eventually Graphtec made their own Illustrator/Corel plug in and I've been using that since it came out.
I do a ton of contour cut decals from thousands of small ones which I set up in sheets to I think my largest was 2' x 14'. Amazingly accurate.
I know that's no help for your Rolands but when it comes time to upgrade, it may be. I've been an all Mac shop since the beginning and my Caldera RIP is running on a mini and my Edge is running on MacImprint.

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1356 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have been Mac based for cutting on my Roland plotter since I started. I've already given this company to Mick, but in case anyone else is interested in a bridge program for cutting from both Illustrator and Corel for either Windows or Mac, check out this software. They offer both subscription and outright buy and they have a demo version. Really nice for tiling large graphics.

http://www.signcutpro.com

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!