Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Need it for a stamper.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need it for a stamper.....
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Customer asked for a PDF of their logo which we designed to put on their signs and trucks. They've never paid a "logo charge" but we keep the vectors for our own use. Szid they wanted it for a "stamper". But later on....

Customer
Need a price on blue t-shirts w/front pocket. Writing on pocket & writing on back of shirt.

Me
For sizes sm-xl w/pocket
12 or more $20.25 each
24 or more $17 each
50 or more $16 each
sizes xx or xxx $2 extra

Customer
ok thanks just checking around to see if we could get any cheaper than we are currently paying but I guess not.

Me
How much were you paying and was there a setup charge?

Customer
Only $8/shirt & no

Guess my PDF file should help the $8-shirt company with their bottom line.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a deeeep, breath... slowly exhale....

and have you parted with the PDF yet?

You clould always put a low-res jpg of the truck door in a PDF. and let them have that.
Put a bit of a watermark over it too...

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have resigned myself to the fact......most clients are idiots, and they have no idea of what we do for them and they EXPECT anything we design for them IS THEIR PROPERTY. this is WHY.......when you do a design, CHARGE THE DESIGN FEE into the product without telling them thats why it cost so much))))
this way when they EXPECT FREE ART WORK.........little do they know THEY PAID FOR IT......to start with)))
6-7 years ago........the manager from the flomington race track calls me needs a 4' X 10' translucent vinyl logo for the race track. i asked him for VECTOR file of it since years ago he did t-shirts.....so he knew what i wanted. and why. WELLLLLLLL he sends me a jpg, they use for something else(small)and he said they had nothing else. OK.....i bust arse, REBUILD THE WHOLE THING in corel so i can cut the 4- COLORS of trans vinyl. get it all done he picks it up, calls me and said where is the vinyl for the other side??? wellll.now i got to explain to him the price i gave him WAS FOR 1- 4' X 10'PANEL!!! now hes not happy but i got the material, and cut the second panel, got paid. now like i said HAD TO BUILD the logo(many hours).
couple years later he calls me wants me to send the artwork to another sign shop and they were going to letter a track truck........i told him it would be $250 for me to send the artwork(I BUILT)to another sign shop. he hasnt spoke to me since)))) i did send them artwork.....the SAME JPG HE SENT ME))))here is a pic of the logo i had to build. it shows a shaded color for the main letters i did em in lime green for the signs. [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ April 08, 2016, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$7/$8 t-shirts has been the norm around here for years...hard to even want to try and compete with.

Your pricing is about where I was using the Roland and transfer material on the heat press. Made quite a few several years ago, but my customers didn't really care for the feel of a patch on their back, and due to the price difference they were hard to sell.
Don't make them anymore, except maybe very small quantities for a special event, then the pricing is more acceptable to the customer.

Usually charge for design work, so sending artwork isn't too big a deal.
I do let the screen printer know the artwork is for their use only, and not to share it with other shops.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It gets harder every day to beat some of the pricing out there and fortunately I don't have to rely on that market for the bulk of my income. Have you checked the prices for banners lately online? Full size retractable banners including the stand and printed banner - $79. I was charging around $200 for the full color layout, medium quality stand and printed banner.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont even ATTEMPT to make a banner..........
signs 365 has the corner on that market now. i did a 2' x 6' full color banner last month.....got the order on a tuesday, they wanted it for friday))) i built the layout, exported it as a jpg, went to www.signs365.com and went thru the order procedure......never spoke to a person.......total price for it hemmed and grommets + $10 shipping was $27.00......it was 4 PM TUESDAY......when i hit send the order, THURSDAY @ 2PM it was here.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ April 08, 2016, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't made/sold a banner in a coon's age. I haven't printed many shirts or caps for a long time either. Used to make pretty good money with them. Probably should sell my presses and use the space for something else. I have

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At $8.00 per shirt, I think the guy is pulling your leg. I would want to see the shirt.

A Gildan 8300 (colors)cost me $4.07 (S-XL; case pricing) plus shipping. A 3XL cost me $6.84.

A Gildan 2300 (colors) cost me $4.47 (S-XL; case pricing). A 3XL cost me $7.53.

You're losing money if you mark up a 2XL and higher only an additional $2.00.

My pricing would have been as follows....

Gildan 2300 S-XL; 1 color on pocket; 1 color back.........

12) $20.62 each.
24) $15.22 each.
50) $12.41 each.

2XL and larger) Add $3.00.

Prices are all inclusive assuming print-ready artwork provided by client.

At those prices, I still net a 35% margin.

[ April 08, 2016, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Thanks Glenn, I use the Jerzees Heavyweights. Don't know the price difference right now. But I sure can't buy the shirts and print them for $8.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!