Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterhead Meet Planned for Freds in Ok City in 2016

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterhead Meet Planned for Freds in Ok City in 2016
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy

I have been asked to let folks know that Fred is nearing a time where he may be closing his doors and retiring next year and they would like to have one more meet before the doors are closed.

Dates are set for March 11,12,13, 2016

Cost is $70.00

You can call and make your reservations
405-235-8696

Looking forward to it!

Robert

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert, it's been a long time since I saw your name on this board. Welcome back.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Robert. It will be great to have one more gathering at Fred's.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Rick, Raymond

I have had to miss a couple of meets this last couple of years due to our workload so I am looking forward to the pilgrimage north in March.

I may even have a couple of projects completed that I started years ago at Fred's!... [Smile]

Looking back, it has become so ironic to me the amount of information and introduction to so many creative ideas and processes that I gleamed from going to these letterhead functions.

I just returned from giving a lecture to seniors in architecture at the University of Texas in Austin.

That lecture was a direct result of the many years I have spent developing new processes, changing the way we think as artists/craftsman and how we can apply it to our client and help the architect realize how important it is to find good solid reputable people to realize their vision...
BUT to understand the reality of it as well.

And the only way they can achieve that is to jump in to an internship with various companies like me and learn what we go through to bring their ideas and creations to fruition.

I must say that my exposure to the world of letterheads has been the most important and most influential part of my success for which I will always be eternally grateful for.

So for those that are stopping by for a visit, you see this post and get to wondering, I have personally been to quite a few gatherings and if you happen to take your growth as a sign artist or fabricator serious, this is a great opportunity.

A recent installation of ours...not quite a sign but fun all the same.
 -  -

This meet always attracts some great talent like Mr. Raymond Chapman and others.

Robert

[ December 03, 2015, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Robert Beverly ]

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning on attending this... What's an eight hour drive compared to the days of fun and wonder?

I am sure that they will allow this hapless loser admission... they did before!

[ December 12, 2015, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Bruce Bowers ]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Mr. Bowers

I never made it down there. I had to cancel the trip...

Let me know what your plans are and we can ride up from here if you would like.

Robert

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeping this bumped...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try to make it. I've heard a lot of good things, over the years, about the meets at Fred's.

Had a terrific time at Cincinnati..............

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!