Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WE COFFEE LOVERS............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WE COFFEE LOVERS............
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
used to buy 8 OCLOCKCOFFE BOKAR........ but dont see it anymore. think they replaced it with this one.
really really a great cup o coffee!!!!! [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's the one that causes cancer.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats STARBUCKS)))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we use the fair trade dark coffee. From ALDI

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

my everyday coffee.....is this one. big lots and grocery outlets sell it here in pcola. its as good as starbucks regular coffee and $5 for the big bag))) [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite brand is usually the one that is on sale. Mudd is Mudd!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wholesale price of coffee has dropped 37% in the past year with current prices still at the bottom. Someone tell me why this has not affected the retail price of coffee.

Mud is mud? Exactly! I make a pot stronger here at the gallery in the morning and everyone asks me reverently, what kind of coffee is that. It is the $6.99 a can variety from the grocery store. Sometimes it is Folgers, but I really cannot tell any difference. I just learned to make it stronger and only leave it on the burner for a couple of hours and then replace it.

Remember the old days in school when you could take a spoonful of Maxim and run hot water in it to slug it down fast before your taste buds woke up? I was too poor to buy a coffee pot. Still am, I guess, but gotta have some good coffee in the AM.

Folger's? My dad had a fascination/infatuation for Mrs. Olsen in the Folger's TV ads. My mother always thought he was secretly fantasizing about her, but for my taste, Mrs. Olsen was over the hill and back of rough book. Oh well. Dad had good taste otherwise, however that jar of instant coffee he had in his office went unopened for years.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

oh how can you say MUDD IS MUDD???? you drank to much mineral spirits if your taste buds are that bad. been drinking coffee since a child. my mother used to put it a bottle that how young i was)))))))
my parents were MAXWELL HOUSE always. they considered it premium coffee and the poor people drank 8 OCLOCK))))) i cant remember when i have bought a vacuum can of coffee. in the "south" since 81 & of italian heritage, strong coffee has always been a part of my day. we went thru a stage of drinking some really strong stuff then discovered COMMUNITY COFFEE. think its ony a southern coffee. we drank their NEW ORLEANS blend with chicory for a while till the price of it went insane. we also took a trip to Hawaii......and discovered 100% KONA!!!! nectar of the gods......($23.90 12 oz bag)and have it every so often. SAMS sells a $15-16 big bag.....of expresso roast.........that is awesome.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Community coffee eh Joe? the only place I've seen it is at convenience stores ready to serve. Maybe it's just me, but every time I've had it, I understood what the name was about...makes you so zinged that you feel like doing community service for free.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

it does its job))))the stuff you drank from the their is their REGULAR grind. the NEW ORLEANS blend with chicory........is double the the zing))))
new orleans is know for its strong coffee. cafe dumon coffee...is also good one cup will keep you going all day))))) [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first and best Dark Roast I ever drank was at the dining room at the Petigrew Hotel in Houma Louisana, back in 1960. But I got weaned off that to become a drinker of Chock full O' Nuts, which I have every morning since about 1963. Can't beat it for my money. To each his own. Don

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me...put enough sugar and cream in it and I don't care what brand it is...coffee and wine are the same to me...the little difference in taste is not worth a big difference in price...but maybe my taste buds are just not cultivated enough to pay the difference.

[ November 24, 2015, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty much with you, Rusty. I don't drink a lot of coffee, maybe a cup and a half in the morning, and that's it.

I use heavy cream and a little sugar (since forever), and most all coffees taste pretty much the same to me.

I've had Starbucks' $14/lb. stuff, on down....with the cream and sugar, it tastes pretty much like the $5/lb. Master Chef that we get at Walmart.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

THERES your problem.......SUGAR!!!!! most of my life i drank 3 teaspoons sugar in a cup o coffee. and YES it all taste the same.........like sugar))))
i finally quit the sugar bout 1980-81. and THEN I COULD TASTE the differences in coffee brands. its kinda like drinking tea. without sugar.you taste the tea. add sugar and all teas taste the same.
i do do 1/2 & 1/2 to make it brown not black))))
donald.......you was probably drinking dumonde....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Sugar is not my problem...I try to stay away from lots of sugar...I use very little in my coffee...maybe 1/2 a teaspoon...I could never drink a cup of coffee with 3 teaspoons of sugar in it...no wonder it taste like sugar.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said "a little sugar"....maybe a half teaspoon.

If I wanted 3 teaspoons of it, I'd just have a Coke!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

sweet taste buds......are the most numerous on the tongue. really dont take much to get the "sweet" going.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many sweet taste buds are on the average tongue, Joe?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

GOOGLE IT RAY............i know you can do that)))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to give you the opportunity to shine, Joe.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

ray............i shine with or without your inanely stupid question....which i gather you think makes you SHINE))))) So much for 1 upsmanship........your game not mine........... have a haapy turkey day))))

[ November 25, 2015, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe...
Is it mountain grown....in West Virginny?
 -

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

YOU...pickin on "west by god" Virginia???? thats funny.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Virginia Christine (March 5, 1920 – July 24, 1996) was an American stage, radio, film, television, and voice actress. Christine had a long career as a character actress in film and television. She is particularly remembered as "Mrs. Olson" (or the "Folgers Coffee Woman") in a number of television commercials for Folgers.
The above is from Wiki. Her film and TV career started in 1943 with Truck Busters. The list is impressive. She had a latte jobs.

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Latte Jobs" that's a good one!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Latte jobs"? That is grounds for dismissal... ;O)

I drink Maxwell House. Have forever... No sugar... no creamer... Just black.

I will admit that two or three times a year I go to the Dunkin' Donuts and get an extra large double double... It is like a liquid candy bar.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Community here too, Kroger has a huge section with a grinder even, we like the breakfast blend. Even though I use cream and sugar I still notice differences in coffee blends.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

I should have known that I couldn't fool you, Joe.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I am my father's age, I see the attraction to Virginia Christine(Mrs Olson). She was actually quite the beauty and I can see what my Mom worried about.
That hair style has to go, but what a great smile. I would let her brew a pot of mud for me!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My everyday coffee is Folgers Black Silk. Sunday coffee is fresh ground Starbucks Pikes Place from whole beans. French roast and dark roasts are my favorite. Used to use sugar but I wanted to cut back so I went sugarless in my coffee for a month and found I wasn't looking forward to my morning coffee anymore. Now I use a half teaspoon of honey. I love it. It doesn't really make the coffee taste sweet, just better, and I get my daily teaspoon of local raw honey. BTW, if you have to use sugar, like say in baking, try to find cane sugar. If it doesn't say cane sugar it is most likely from sugar beets which are most 95% GMO beets. They are making sugar cane from GMO Cane now but it isn't as prevalent as GMO beets. Some sugar alternatives are coconut sugar, date sugar, or stevia.

[ November 30, 2015, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

we have STEVIA GROWING in the herb garden. we harvest the leafs, let them dry naturally. then grind them in a real mortar & pistil. use it sparingly as it is way sweeter then any sugar. it aint pretty white this way.
but sorta a brown green. [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up on tea (YUCK) My parents were British.

Once I made my own decisions, I switched to coffee with cream and sugar. Then I decided I didn't care for the cream part. Then I decided that I could cut back the sugar to just a small sprinkle.

I drank black coffee with a small hint of sugar for many years. The brand didn't make a difference.

Nowadays, while Shirl is drinking coffee in the morning, I drink tomato juice, about a litre a day. I don't know if the tomato juice contains GMO ingredients and really don't care. I just prefer the flavour.

I have never had a Starbucks coffee, nor a Dunkin' donuts coffee..but in Canada I have tried Tim Horton's coffee and it sucked...Canadian McDonald's coffee is slightly better but I'll just stick to tomato juice.

We all have our own preferences I guess.

BTW Dave S. Check out honey from Yucatan Mexico..It is known as being among the best in the world.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

we have the best american honey. there is a small area in florida near the Apalachicola river, hennies sister lives on it & when she comes to pcola she brings us a bottle of it.
http://sleepingbearfarms.com/tupelo-honey/

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Preston, dont leave the coffee pot on the burner after it's made. That gives it that burnt taste. If you want a cup after it's cooled off, pour a cup in the small pot on the other burner and heat it up. The coffee pot can go all day.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to tell people I put enough creamer in my coffee to match my blond hair color but now that it's turning grey, I have to use Portland cement. It just doesn't taste the same!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

one of the WORST TASTING COFFEES.......is HOSPITALS FOOD SERVICE!!!!!!!! in most of my stays there, i learned to ask one of the nurses/maintenance people to bring a cup of what they have brewing at their stations)))))))) i can see why most hospitals have a STARBUCKS in them)))))))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!