Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Lost Keys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost Keys
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly forty years ago while milling lumber with an Alaskan chain saw mill, that I reached into my pocket to move the truck and found no keys. I searched that ground and scanned it repeatedly many times, even with a metal detector. We still live on that site. Never found them. Still look, imagining finding them and getting a good story and laugh.
Yesterday I was working on some new redwood fencing. I was up and down a step ladder and bending over , unloading a trailer, and being rather active on a piece of land that is covered with un manicured nature. ( Bet you think I’m gonna tell you I found the keys…)
Late afternoon I showered and changed clothes and went to town for afternoon espresso, came home, dinner, quiet evening. This morning I went to town for more concoction from those magical beans and reached into my pocket and my keys were gone. Thinking about my trauma from years back, I got in the car and searched there. Then I came home and searched in the big chair and sofa. I retraced my path trying to find them. We talked about possibilities and next step was to search the front acres where we were yesterday.
Then I had a notion about where they might be, and found them in the wrong pocket of my pants.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i leave mine in the IGNITION........anyone steals it......LET THEM PUT GAS IN IT))))))i never put more then $20 gas in it at a time))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh, I hate whne I do that. It's either the keys or the darn cell phone. Or, my glasses. At least this time you found your keys.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick, when you find the keys in the wrong pocket of your pants, it's called forgetfulness, due to the onset of old age. Ask me how I know! BTDT, Don

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my biggest forgetful thing is.......PUTTIN STUFF BACK IN THE FRIDGE))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol ....

Heading out the door to go to the market ... oop s, forgot my keys.

Head back in to get the keys and spot a tool that I forgot to put back into the garage.

Put the tool away and spot my last project that needs a coat of varnish .. get that don and while cleaning the brush ... uh oh! that rake is supposed to be in the back shed.

After depositing the rake in the shed ... arrgggh! That bush needs pruning. Find the clipper but it is dull ... so back in the garage to sharpen it.

Prune the bush but now my back hurts ... into the house for some Advil and a cup of coffee.

Uh oh ... phone is flashing that I missed a call.

While I am talking to Pete, I see my cars keys.

After 3 hours I have the keys and head out the door ... but now I forgot why I was going to the store!

A D D sucks!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!