Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » 500 to 1000 shirts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 500 to 1000 shirts?
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guy with a strong foreign accent calls and wants a price on 500 small, white, 100% cotton, Gildan Tshirts ....BLANK shirts...and gives his email. I emailed him, using gmail, thinking the whole thing was bogus anyway, with a price of $29.99 each just to see what he would do, thinking if he's really a scammer he'll go for it.. He emails and calls back saying the price is too high, that he may want even 1000, and needs them around $4 each, which is closer to a legit price.
quote:
That is very much expensive..l can you check that out from a different vendor for a good price for me because am looking forward to order for more than 500 qty
Is this legit?
If not, what are these folks up to?

[ June 03, 2015, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Wayne Webb ]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get his name, address, phone number and place of business, then go to the Better Business Bureau. If he is legit they should know him, if not I would say Bye,Bye, Buddy.

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mick Samsel
Visitor
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mick Samsel   Email Mick Samsel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get these quite a bit. I hang up on them. Sounds too good to be true - it is.

Mick

--------------------
Mick Samsel
Creative Services
Cherokee, IA

Posts: 498 | From: Cherokee, Ia USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get his 50% deposit and make the shirts.

A friend of mine completed an order for 5000 polos embroidered front only @ $18.oo each just a couple weeks ago.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donald, the bbb is the biggest joke out there. (They call, tell you you have a bad review & for $x membership fee, they'll remove it.) But just for curiosity, I went & searched their website. My business doesn't exist according to the bbb & I've been in business for 14 years.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wholesale price on blank white t-shirts are under $2 each...it is not hard to even do a google search for cheap t-shirts and find great wholesale prices.

It is a scam- I had a guy want me to do "banners" and asked if I accepted credit cards as payment- he then sends me a list of about 20 credit card numbers to "try", that he was confident one of them would be good.

I just posted a camera for sale on Amazon, and had at least 3 fake offers to buy- they wanted me to go ahead and send them by FedEx and then the funds would appear on my account... but that was the only way the transaction would work (according to them) YEAH, RIGHT

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!