Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » rechargable battery rebuilder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rechargable battery rebuilder
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found a great place to have the rechargable batteries for my cordless drills rebuilt.

Freedombatteryrebuilders.com 800-347-8589 in New Freedom PA. FOr $39.95, they will rebuild your battery for a contractor grade performance.
I had 4 done a year ago, they get a lot of use.
They perform like new. It beats buying new ones.
I am sending off 2 more to be rebuilt. (put your name on them). Check out their website!

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I had 4 done a year ago, they get a lot of use.
They perform like new. It beats buying new ones."
Your testimony is important; there was an outfit in town that just took them apart, cleaned the contacts, and recharged them. Definitely not worth the price. Thanks.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a local Interstate Battery that rebuilds them for us. We've done that for years now.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
18V contractor grade $69.99...........to be rebuilt...
NEW.......2.....http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-High-Capacity-Lithium-Ion-Battery-2-Pack-P184/205395057?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cG%7cBase%7cPLA%7cD25T%7cPowerTools&gclid=CJPipfea- 8MCFcNafgodNQIAjw&gclsrc=aw.ds

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Joe, if you have Ryobi, try these
http://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-Lithium-Compact-Batteries-Packaged/dp/B00HQXSW4K/ref=sr_1_5?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1424879849&sr=1-5&keywords=ryobi+18v+battery

2 pack Ryobi 18V Lithium Ion for 59.95

[ February 25, 2015, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dave the P102 lithium battery is the least powerful, short run time.here is a chart for them....p100 to p108...http://toolboyworld.com/eBay/Ryobi_Batteries.htm
the only thing i dont like, is when they dead....there is no warning. you hit the trigger and nothing.......change battery))))

iam ryobi lover)))))) looked at the rest, from dewalt,to metabo(high end tools)and for what i do RYOBI, is the best bang for the buck. i still have a 14.4V drill, saw, light........but batteries are dead. i bought 18 v regular saw, drill, light....so i just upgraded to 18V lithiums. got a recip, and 12V compact drill. its awesome. way smaller then the 18V, can get into tighter spaces, has a light, and will bury a 3" wood screw..and still want to turn your wrist!!!! got the recip for my birthday i think it was....
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ February 26, 2015, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm going to disagree with you on that one OP. Those are P102, their standard Lithium Ion which I have 2 of them and they last at least 5 times longer than the old Plus 1 batteries. I had a drill and an impact driver being used all day making benches for tools, (long over due) and would go several days before they died. Besides, with most work, with 2 batteries, the first one dead will completely recharge before the second one dies. I would never need longer life than the P102 unless I was a carpenter or used these on an assembly line.

I'm with you on Ryobi though... definitely the best bang for the buck. I have their angle drill, 3 regular drills, impact driver, recip saw, circle saw, & random orbit sander

[ February 26, 2015, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

my next RYOBI purchase...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-10-in-18-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Chainsaw-P543/202960311
we have a RYOBI dual power source weed waker. it came with a p-102 battery. the charger for it, wont charge p-103 battery....i have 3 of p-103. they will run the weed eater, but have to bew charged in the P-107 CHARGER.

[ February 26, 2015, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!