Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » the Right Honorable Mayor Steve (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: the Right Honorable Mayor Steve
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello letterheads. I just got off the phone with Steve and asked me to do the sad duty of letting you know what's happening. He has had a bad heart condition for years as most of you know, as well as the kidney failure that came along a while ago. Nothing is going too improve, he's wheelchair bound and sleeps most of the time. His Doctor says sometime in the next month or two he will just not wake up, or as Steve said," I'll go to sleep one night and wake up dead".Sorry to the messenger on this,but it is what it is at this point. It's been over twenty years since his first of many heart attacks so I guess he/we can be thankful for that. Thinking of Barb, the kids and grandkids, Pete

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the update Pete. Our prayers are for Steve and Barb right now.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Pete........Our prayers are with you,Steve....as well as with Barb and the rest of your loving family.

God bless you Steve.

RD

[ January 18, 2015, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we all are gona have that day........we wake up dead(as steve would say with a chuckle). some way before those who know them, are ready for it and for some it didnt happen soon enough!!!!! and then a few of us get to visit the other side and come back to tell others........what a wonderful place it is. i am one of them.
steve will love and enjoy it. there is no pain, hunger, cold, light or dark, no longer limited to the failing body you had......when you left and woke up there. i was there for 6 days, and didnt want to leave. so the only pain and sorrow are with those of us who will miss the person who is now gone from our lives.
knowing those who pass on are happy and pain free and are in a great place........is our only solace for our loss of them not being in our lives anymore.
as i write this iam missing one of our dear friends MIKE BOONE..... whos passing date is close. as with all we lose, it is their living, and how they touched our lives that make it a little easier to accept OUR not having them here.....and knowing they will never be forgotten.

[ January 17, 2015, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both Steve and Barb I feel honored to call you my friends.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've made a positive impact on many lives Steve. I, for one,
have made many good friends because of you're efforts. Peace be with you my friend. You've made a difference.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news indeed. Thinking of both of you Steve and barb. One things for certain. He impacted a lot of lives over the years, in a very positive way.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevin Finlay
Resident

Member # 2159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevin Finlay   Author's Homepage   Email Bevin Finlay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers go out to you as well. Both Steve and Barb have been one of the most positive influences for me in my appreciation for the craft and the opportunity to meet such a wonderful and talented group of people over all these years. Your knowledge and teachings will never be forgotten my dear friend.

--------------------
www.bevinfinlay.com

Bevin Finlay
Artistry & Design
autoartist@bevinfinlay.com

Posts: 477 | From: Mid-Western Ontario | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such sad news I don't think I have ever personally know any one person who had an impact and brought together so many people.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living in that state for so long is not something any of us would welcome. Steve and Barb's friendship and contributions to our lives and profession are over the top good and I hope Steve knows that. His decision many years back that this site would be about the people more than the work was a brave move that has many of us bonded in beautiful and caring ways. Steve, thanks for visiting us and playing in our shop.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We love you Steve and Barb! Prayers

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Steve and Barb for your outstanding accomplishment of bringing so many talented people together, for such a long time.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Steve, and Barb, for a long time of friendship and fellowship (and some lively discussions) on this site. Hopefully, it will continue, after you've gone on to be with the Lord.

Like OP said, it'll be a wonderful place, where we will all long to be one day.

God bless you.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Borges de Oliveir
Visitor
Member # 3770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Borges de Oliveir   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Borges de Oliveir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Steve and Barb for Letterville! You guys are in my prayers.

--------------------
Charles Borges de Oliveira
Borges Lettering & Design
Snohomish WA

Posts: 352 | From: Snohomish WA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Steve knows that he has helped many sign makers with their careers, I wonder if he knows how much. Most of my sign making knowledge came from Letterhead meets, Signcraft magazine, and a major part from this site. Thank you Steve for all your help, I really do appreciate your efforts at keeping the craft alive. When the Lord calls you, rest in peace my friend. We'll pray for Barb too so she can cope with her loss. Godspeed my friend.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad News indeed.
Steve (and Barb), Thank you for the impact you've had. I so enjoyed meeting you and spending time together at the few meets I attended.
It's hard to find the words but I hope for you a better place without pain.
Barb I and everyone here are here for you.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news. Thoughts and prayers with Steve and Barb

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am saddened to hear this. Keeping you on my prayer list, Steve. May God truly bless you in the days ahead.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such sad news. So glad to have had the opportunity to have got to know Steve and Barb, and even spend time at their place for the Bushie Bash. [Smile] We too, have learned so much from Letterville and are so grateful for that and all the friends we have made here.
Steve and Barb, we will be praying that God may give you the comfort and peace you need to get through this. Sending you both some BIG HUGS!

Dennis and Pat

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 575 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well all be in a similar situation at some stage in our lives - but Steve and Barb's wisdom, greatness and effort in bringing us together here, worldwide, will always be remembered and appreciated.

Our thoughts and prayers for a pain free time, as well as can be expected.
Thanks VERY much for all you've done for the sign community!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have good memories of Steve & Barb visiting and I gave them a tour of North San Diego Coastal area and spaghetti dinner at Pappachino's in Del Mar. I wish you both well.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1050 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our thoughts, prayers and hearts go out to you Steve & Barb. We appreciate all that you have done for us as Letterheads, Walldogs, artists, and fellow travelers of this journey....Peace

Dale and Brenda

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During a rare moment in time I was able to meet you & Barb, in person on a mountain in Volcano, Ca. Enjoyed some talk and sharing idea's for other meets in the future. That was luck for me. We spoke by phone later on occasion and laughed a lot.
The Sign Department up yonder waits for us all. I hope to see you again.............Prayer's

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts, prayers and hearts go out to you Steve & Barb.

Thank you for bringing so many talented people together and the opportunity to meet such a wonderful and talented group of people over all these years.

Barb, keep your chin up … I know how tough it is, but you will get through this. I know how it is as I went through similar with Marty!

Steve … my wish is that you go through this painlessly and are comforted by the love of the thousands who have been here on this site.

I shall always remember the crazy and fun times that we have had together over the years!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt a strong pull to visit Letterville this weekend. It is to say thank you to Steve and Barb for everything expressed so well in all these words of praise and gratitude written above! You and the community you represent, and facilitate has been life changing!
Aloha

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news....but this is not goodbye....with much love and respect, we'll all see you on the other side!!! Steve and Barb, you have brought a world of creative sign makers and artists together, and held us together for years....you guys ROCK!

Thank you both soooooo much for all you have done for us here at Letterville and beyond. Peace.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Chavez
Visitor
Member # 2146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Chavez   Email Rick Chavez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve and Barb,

Having held this group of us together, and maintaining this site has been an amazing feat. Your support has placed you amongst the greats and worthy or admiration and praise. I have always considered myself a Letterhead in spirit, and having this home to go to has made me a better sign maker... thank you for making our craft better... thank you for making me a better sign maker.

Love, peace and prayers as you both go through this.

--------------------
Rick Chavez
Hemet, CA

Posts: 1538 | From: Hemet,CA U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who would have believed there would be a place where people of like mind could connect on a daily basis for so many years? It was created by the unique vision of our good buddy Steve. I joined back in 1998 and dropped many thousands of times since. Lettervillle has been a place to learn, share and be inspired.

Many friendships have formed here and then gone on to become stronger in real life. Like real life families there have been squabbles, some breakups and some reconciliations too.

On one wall in my shop are hundreds of autographs and messages, many from people who frequent this place, Steve included. I cherish each of them and when I see them I am reminded of many good times and happy memories.

There is only one thing to express and that is a heartfelt THANK-YOU!
-gramp dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Thank you Steve and Barb. You are always in my prayers.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our prayers are with you,Steve....as well as with Barb.

Jackie and Sal

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand with all the great comments, wishes and prayer offerings here.
Steve and Barb, you are in my prayers.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I met Steve, he told me to join Letterheads, he said there is so much to be shared.
There is no way one could be thankful enough for all the many friends from all over the U.S., Canada, Australia, Hawaii, Finland, England, Norway, Germany, Porta Rico, England, Ireland and Scotland. All through Letterheads.
Steve is absolutely a one in a million Super Star.
Bill Riedel

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then Steve, flowers are for the living, so at this time I want to thank you and Barb for the enormous impact you have had in not only my own life and career but this industry as a whole. I love letterville and all of it's ups and downs. Im glad to have had the pleaseure of many years on this board since it's early years, as well as the few times I have had enjoyed your company. So many of us wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for you and your vision. Thank you and God Bless you!

[ January 19, 2015, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I echo the sentiments of everyone here in Letterville. This has been my "go to" place where I know I can find help from like minded sign crafters. We are of a different lot than the typical "quickie stickie" business owners. Steve and Barb have managed to find a way to create this unique community. I am truly grateful for this. My prayers are that Steve and Barb, you will be in peace. And know how much you have helped so many people.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackson Smart
Visitor
Member # 187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackson Smart   Author's Homepage   Email Jackson Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad indeed.

May your journey be filled with loving memories of people you loved and all those that loved you.

Journey well my friend. This is not the end....be assured.

Jackson

--------------------
Jackson Smart
Jackson's Signs
Port Angeles, WA
...."The Straits of Juan De Fuca in my front yard and Olympic National Park in my backyard...

"Living on Earth is expensive...but it does include a free trip around the Sun"

Posts: 1000 | From: Port Angeles, Washington | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Norman Biss
Resident

Member # 335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norman Biss   Email Norman Biss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are with you both.
I reflect back on the time, some years ago, when you both came down to a New Zealand Letterheads meet and I had the pleasure of hosting you. Not only did I enjoy your company regarding the "craft" but also your musical knowledge. I will forever be reminded of Steve every time I play one of the thousands of MP3's he gave me.
Kia kaha Barb....(Kia kaha is a Māori phrase used by the people of New Zealand meaning STAY STRONG, used as an affirmation)

--------------------
Norman Biss aka KiwiNorm
Living and working in one of the best countries on earth...
Papamoa Beach, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand norman.biss@gmail.com

Posts: 141 | From: Papamoa Beach, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just packing up my signmaking files today. 22 years into 3 small boxes to be shelved for who knows why.

But one thing that has and always will remain, are the friendships that derived from this site, thanks to Stevo.

Steve, you completed a dream with flying colours! You changed the signmaking industry for everyone here. We are a family that will never be boxed up on some shelf.

Even though some of us have strayed from the profession, this place will always be our Letterville family, thanks to the efforts of both you and Barb. You, my friend, have done something amazing with your life! And we thank you and love you for it.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Darnell
Visitor
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Darnell   Email Bob Darnell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited with Steve and Barb around the holidays when I heard the news. Steve was his same old self in terms of outlook and it was a very nice visit, although he was very weak and tired. I knew things were pretty serious because he said some things that were very important for him to tell me, and for me to hear. He was saying goodbye to me and it has left my heart broken.

--------------------
Bob Darnell
London, Ontario, Canada

Excellent Signs

Posts: 595 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi Percell
Merchant

Member # 255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Kristi Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve and Barb. We love you both!

Kristi & Ron Percell

--------------------
Kristi Percell
2013 Bodega Ave
Petaluma, CA 94952

Letterhead Sign Supply
and Percell Signs
Home of the "MicroMeet"

Posts: 352 | From: Petaluma, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the end of the day the most important question one can ask of themselves is..."Did I leave the world a better place for having lived"...the tremendous outpouring of appreciation and gratitude as seen here in Letterville answers that question resoundingly...Steve's efforts here have meant so much to so many...a job well done my friend... [Applause]

[ January 20, 2015, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!