Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Looking to buy new computer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking to buy new computer
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going buy a new computer before the first of the year...I will also be replacing my old Photoshop 7.0 that I paint in with Photoshop CS6...I also figure this to be a laptop as it will allow me to paint landscapes on site...the Mac Probook laptop with 15" or 17" screen has been suggested to me...any thoughts...experiences...or suggestions appreciated.

[ December 25, 2014, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a couple of 13" MacBook pros. They work great. Also runs windows without problems using bootcamp. Good battery life, never a problem.

ernie

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1697 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LAPTOPS........ are pretty run of the mill units.
can get em from $298 to $3-4000.00 get what you pay for with them. dont know nothing bout macs.....dont care to.
any laptop is gona be a little slower the a desktop. but given todays standards...if you can get a lappy with a SOLID STATE DRIVE, high end graphics card, 4-6 gigs a ram........for what you doing it will be great. i only ever had 2 laptops. 1st one was an IBM. intel procecessor. 2nd one was a SONY VIAO 1.4 gig.....running XP worked well, just died....

it was s l o w ........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I run a Mac laptop and am very pleased. It's just worry free. My current one is all solid state drive and is fast. I'm running 8 gigs or RAM.

I opted for the 15" as on a plane I wouldn't want bigger. Currently a 15" is the biggest available.

I run only one windows program and use Parallels to make it possible without rebooting. No issues there.

My laptop is almost four years old but still doing well. I have my eye on a 15" Macbook Pro with the retina display. They look pretty spectacular! I'd love a newer faster one, but I'm taking delivery of a new iMac 27" Retina (fastest one currently available) in a few days so the laptop will have to wait a bit longer.

I switched to Mac in 2007 and would never go back.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can save 10 or 15% on a Mac by getting a Returned/repaired unit from Apple. Never pay full list!

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals

ernie

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1697 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a refurbished Dell with Win 7 pro for under a hundred bucks. It works. Shows where my computer needs are. [Smile]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest that you do what Grandpa Dan recommends.

Of course, I don't...but I would think he has proven what is best.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the pc side their are some nice laptops that double as tablets and a few with built in digitizers for Wacom like pen input.
That would seem to benefit you and your digital work.

I use a Surface Pro 3 with pen and it very good with painting apps etc. Lenovo has few that are very good.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bought my MacBook Pro 15" in 2009 and it's as good as new. Will hopefully get a new one later this year and old one will be the family computer at that stage. Terrific machines

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty...On this topic, Joe and I kinda agree...

I know nothing about Mac stuff, and have nothing but a passing interest in "exploring" that system. (If someone donated an old Mac to me I'd enjoy figuring it out and seeing if I liked it, but I won't be going out and buying one just for the heck of it!!) [Smile]

Shirl and I are currently using 17.3" PC laptops with AMD 2.5 GHz processors and 12 gig of RAM and solid state drives. We love them. They cost $599 each (plus the cost of buying and installing the solid state drives)

HINT..If you can get a laptop that will boot up and be usable in 15 seconds, and just as importantly, boot down in 15 seconds, you have a winner.

As Joe mentioned, you will never get a laptop that will equal a desktop for the price though.

This summer, when we get back to Canada, I plan to build a new desktop...with the fastest and best that is available...Of course it will be outdated in 6 months...But the fun is in the challenge and the run, not the final result.

WAIT WAIT... Yes, the final result IS kinda important too. [Smile] [Smile]

My humble ramblings from Mexico, where everything, except our laptops, happens SLOOOOW!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8876 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave...true...the money difference is quite substantial between the Mac and the PC...and around here our trees only grow leaves...they don't grow money...so it is something to consider...but if it can be demonstrated that the difference is worth it I would go Mac...also...and probably most importantly...Donna says we can get a Mac...although she constantly keeps reaffirming that I'm the boss...we both know in reality who's the real boss around here...and I'm ok with it cause she's really alot smarter than me.

[ December 27, 2014, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heres a good look at both ends....
top of the line..........and cheapest.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienware-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-80gb-solid-state-drive-silver/8428152.p?id=1219333207619&skuId=8428152&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=141 10944&ci_sku=8428152&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!66713926186!g!!52698021559&kpid=8428152&k_clickid=5aad69e4-2c17-0b69-3a4f-00003703dd5a&kpid=8428152&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=5a ad69e4-2c17-0b69-3a4f-00003703dd5a&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=47&ksdevice=c
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-2gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-jet-black/7802107.p?id=1219294101398&skuId=7802107&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_s ku=7802107&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!66713926186!g!!52698021559&kpid=7802107&k_clickid=5aad69e4-2c17-0b69-3a4f-00003703dd5a&kpid=7802107&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=5aad69e4-2c1 7-0b69-3a4f-00003703dd5a&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=47&ksdevice=c

[ December 27, 2014, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you do some research and compare apples to … er, apples, you will find there is not much price difference- sure, you can buy cheaper pcs and there are more options on the pc side than the mac side, but it's kinda like comparing car brands. The last MacBook Pro I bought was a 13"- I got it for $850- my son has it at college right now. A few years ago I priced a custom built PC and found that it would cost around $200 more than the exact same iMac that I ended up with.
For size- I have had a 15" laptop and the larger size didn't really work for my needs.
as far as painting-A while back I was visiting Barry Branscum's old shop- he kept insisting that I try out his Cintiq tablet- I tried to resist because I knew if I ever tried it I would have to have one- they have some smaller tablets now you may check out for painting.

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Michael. I've seen the evidence that when the same features are put in both machines, Macs are very close to the same price as PC's. Personally I am sick of expensive upgrades from Microsoft Windows. I have Win 7 for design and my laptop and XP runs my router and I will hold onto them as long as I can. You just know Win 10 is going to be at least $150. The last three OS upgrades from Apple were FREE!!! I'm not talking updates, these are full upgrades, the equivalent of going from XP to 7 to 8, plus a much lower risk of virus infections. Every Mac I've owned is still running, I'm using a 2008 Mac Pro for running Mac programs and Win 7 for Quickbooks, Artcam, & Estimate, a 1999 Power Mac for cutting on the plotter, and I just sold a very old Mac (still running) for a guy that refurbs them for the navy. Two PC's (one Dell, one custom built) had to be replaced within 5 years. I'll always have a PC (because of the router) but I prefer Macs.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look inside them, They are identical. Same same very thing. All except the OS..

New PC computer comes with the OS.. So complaining about the price of the OS is a moot point. New PC comes with faster and better performance at each iteration.

MACS brag about the FREE updates but they still stuck with the old machine. So where is the benefit in that?

MAC users talk about their old machines running fine. PC users talk about their old machines running fine. I have several old XP machines still running fine doing their jobs as asked.

Some talk about ease of use. Both are easy to use. Some talk about longevity. They both use the same components. So they both last as long as the other.

They just tools. One likes a stanley hammer another likes a craftsman hammer.

Some feel secure and prestiged paying a large price.
Some like their machine to run all day every day.

Good luck. That fact is PC's have moved beyond the MAC in performance a while ago and only getting faster.

Crying about replacing a Eamchine level PC after a few years is the result of buying low consumer level machine Rather than getting a top grade commercial machine. In fact there are still thousands of website servers running win 2k3 server operating 24 7.. Its all relative.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

i bought hennie an E-MACHINE.........oh i think 5-7 years ago. its a 1.2 gig, amd 160 gig hard drive. i upped the ram to 4 gigs instead 1. put in a good video card, as the on board one wouldnt give me resolution for a 24" monitor. added a external hard drive 1 TERABYTE, hennie does a lot of photos on it and she has a camera that takes 16 mpixels, so they are big files. it came with VISTA, got win7 soon after it came out. for all she does, a few hours most evenings.....it does all that is needed. oh and when i bought it at OFFICE DEPOT, they had it on a special for $250.00......i think ive gotten my money back many times over. would i buy another E-MACHINE, yep before i would buy an HP, COMPAQ, or DELL.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The free OS that I updated my daughter's macbook with is not exactly thrilling her. She hates it, so theres's that.

The pc side, along with the junk, is exploding in innovative computers. Touchscreen, built in wacom digitizers, tablet mode convertibles, are offering very good choices now.

Also a great number are including hi res displays as a stantard which is great for artists.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Curtis for verifying my comments. When you match good components, price is no longer much of a factor. As far as the rest, I'm just relaying MY experience. High end machines, whether Macs or PCs use the same hardware, and you can't expect the same results from a low end machine. Apple doesn't make a low end machine and this is where the average Joe gets the idea that Macs are expensive. BTW, the latest review I saw on the new Mac Pro showed it beating the equivalent PC in real world software tests, not the simple benchmark tests so Apple isn't lagging in performance.

David, I have also seen mixed reviews on the latest Apple OS. Kind of like Windows ME, Vista, 8.0, & 8.1.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

i build my PC'S.........pick and choose the components that best fit what iam doin.... and i dont spend as much as what people pay for macs...i buy high end components........not the crap that is put into a off the shelf computer...

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

I decided against the laptop and got the 27" iMac 3.2 GHz 8GB desktop instead...I thank Dan for his input...it caused me to rethink things...although I did forego the Retina version that Dan has bought as it was $700 more.

Looks like this will be a wonderful tool to do my landscape painting on...The screen size and resolution are so much bigger and better than anything I've ever used before...in fact so good that I never knew just how pretty Joe was until I saw him on my new 27" iMac screen...so pretty in fact that it was scary.

[ December 31, 2014, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are going to enjoy the new iMac Rusty. I look forward to seeing the art you create on it.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

i have a 26" VISIO 1080p tv as my monitor.......and YOU ARE REALLY SCARY ON IT)))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no faith in any online comparison of the two machines. They both use Intel chips. They both use I7 Intel chips.

There is no way an Intel chip runs better or faster in a MAC verses a PC.

They both use the same memory, same hard drives, same video, same motherboards, same every thing.

It's all an illusion.. All marketing hype..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

BINGO...... and the only reason that macs are still separate from M/S.......with mac being no 2.....it keeps microsoft from having to deal MONOPOLY legal issues)))))))
i was living in sarasota when computers took hold. we had one of the best ART SCHOOLS in sarasota, RINGLING SCHOOL OF ART. everybody who went there got macs cause the school used them to teach. and i had to laugh my a** off at one these students who was crazy about macs......told me this one day and it still makes me chuckle to repeat it.
the guy tells me......"the reason macs are better computers....cause on a PC.....YOU CANT DRAW A PERFECT CIRCLE, but A MAC CAN!!!!!" and he was serious.....then we had big computer show 86-88,guy was there demonstrating the new MAC. they had it hooked up to a AGFA scanner, and a printer i think from agfa. he would take a photo from the people scan it and print it from the mac. now in those days 4 MEGS OF RAM was normal, as it was over $100 a MEG))) this mac had i think 16 or 24 MEGS.... and still the scan to photo in hand took almost 30 MINUTES))))) was back when a scanner was a major purchase for $4-600 dollar for any computer. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.....as i didnnt own a computer at the time, i got mine in 92...386DX40 4 megs a ram, hand held scanner, cuttin outa COREL DRAW 3)))))
COREL DONT WORK ON MACS((((((

[ January 01, 2015, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I set out to buy my last home computer...about 5 years ago, I compared the Mac all-in-one with the PC offering at the time. I ended up buying the 27" iMac. I just couldn't figure out at the time what I needed a large touch screen for? Who wants to hold their arm up all day just to put finger prints all over their screen? Not to mention...the Mac had the best display at the time!

I have had a couple issues over the years, but one was covered under warranty and the other, Apple replaced the hard drive after the warranty had ended, at no cost! The machine is still running along fine and I have been very happy with it. Still running 10.6.8 though.

I have also used a MacBookPro 15" with a 21" Wacom pen display as my main monitor, for the last few years. Very solid performance, but pricey. Wacom was nearly as much as the laptop! I was running Windows 7 on the MacBook Pro through VMware Fusion, so my Mac could run either OS and share desktop files easily.

I also needed to run 3D CAD software that was not available for the Mac. Tried running it within VMware Fusion but SolidWorks proved to be a bit much for it. For this software package I ran it on a PC, until that died recently. The PC had a helluva time running it as well!

My biggest concern with buying a PC is the OS...Windows 8. whatever it is right now, is nothing I want to have to deal with. We bought a Lenovo laptop last year, and had them put 7 pro on it. Until Microsoft gets to a decent OS version...We'll be running the old stuff!

I use both OS's, use whatever works for you.

Good luck with your new machine...I couldn't handle going back to anything smaller than a 27" monitor!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

It's not just about CPUs and motherboards. Bus speeds can affect the performance dramatically.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG [Bash]

[ January 02, 2015, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

you mean like this??? this my quad core AMD 2.8 GIG bus speed....BIOSTAR M/B))))
1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s)

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty! I'm SO glad you chose the desktop! Whenever I travel and am forced to work on the laptop, I close the lid and wait till I get home. LOL

I love my laptop for Starbucks of course though.. [Big Grin] (I have a 13" meant for my son, but ended up keeping it... fine for travel and browsing. I am spoiled. And my eyes are old... what can I say)

[ January 04, 2015, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Donna in BC ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Another Chevy vs Ford thread. bye bye

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Dave. I use PCs because when I started the sign program I wanted was not available for Mac, and they have served me well. Even though I don't use it anymore, my first Packard Bell 486 still works.

As far as cars I support the big 3. I have a Mercury Sable(FORD), A 3/4 ton Chevy van, and a Dodge Caravan that I run around in for anything that doesn't require the big van. They all serve their purpose.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!