Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » BATHROOM REMODEL......UGH!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BATHROOM REMODEL......UGH!!!!
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well livin in an old house(built 1961)we finally are forced into a bathroom remodel.
1961, i guess they didnt have concrete board, kerdi, wedi board products. i think the tile onth ewalls was done with a wire like they do stucco, apply the mud, stick the tile(((((!!! gona be a bear to get of the studs. the floor....is 3-4" of poured concrete!!!! and will have to be broken up to get out. the 2X12's that hold it up are rotted on one end due to years of a leak in the concrete, so the weight of the floor, on bad 2X12's is causing the floor to sag. gota take it all out and start from joist and studs!!!!!! the dumpster got here this morning......the guy thats supposed to do the labor....AINT SHOWED UP IN 3 DAYS!!!! guess i gota get someone else.

[ August 07, 2014, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe,

Here you will find the solution, paisano:

http://www.composting-toilet-store.com/Composting_Toilets_Outhouse_s/101.htm

Courtesy of Shakey.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ricardo......aint no help!!!!
did i ever tell ya.......i didnt see an indoor toilet till i hit 4th grade???? as a kid, my idea of a shower was ........waiting for it to rain, put on swim trunks and grab a bar of soap and stand under the roof downspout)))))that pic of my mom on the porch of the bar....not in the picture is the OUTHOUSE.... which was to the left of where i stood to take that picture. sold the bar in 1980....was the last bar in PA WITH AN OUTHOUSE))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with your project, Brother. I can understand the frustration involved; our house just celebrated it 100th birthday last year.

Almost everything you touch, turns into a real project.........gotta love it!

We're getting ready to have it replumbed now. It's a total nightmare, and the stuff that's been "rigged" over the years would do Rube Goldberg proud. There's cast iron, copper, PVC, CPVC, and probably some other crap too. The tankless water heater is on the back side of the back wall of my shower. It takes longer to get hot than anywhere else in the house! I told my wife "Yeah, cause it has to run across the yard and back again." Wouldn't surprise me....... [Smile]

[ August 07, 2014, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun with that Joe.

I just survived a 2 year reno and had to lift the whole house 24" on one end. It was built on a creek bed and sunk shortly after it was constructed.

The bathtub drain hole was at the south end of the tub and the house tilted downwards to the north, so the tub never fully drained.

I'd set the ball on the floor and it would roll across the house. My dog would fetch it.

The house was detached from the foundation and lifted with hydraulics until it was straight. Then the foundation was repaired and we had to drill 35' to find bedrock and lock it in place.

The whole house was rewired, re-plumbed, dry-walled, new hardwood floors...I've been over every inch of this place, painting, sanding, repairing, tiling, insulating....

And you want to 'whine' about a little bathroom reno? [Wink] )))))))))))))

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bravo, Shirley !!.......Let him have it!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No really 'letting him have it',well, maybe I am, just a little! But a one room reno seems like such a small thing after doing a whole house (25 rooms.)

I don't think they have basements in Florida? but Joe could probably do a lot of the repairs from below if he did.

Instead of jack-hammering out 3-4" of concrete the floor joists could be reinforced underneath and he could pour more cement to level up the sagging.Tile right over that.

Maybe he should just call one of those room makeover TV shows...get Mike Holmes on it! That way it should only take a weekend to do, you know - reality shows.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe...think about it this way...be grateful you have a bathroom to repair...remember the people riding on top of the train...they don't know where they will spend the night.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Joe,

I strongly recommend that you give a call to my friend, Bubba, a good ol'boy and toilet contractor, who has many years of experience in the trade.....Here he is, at his office.

He just learned how use his new cellular phone and hasn't stopped calling his buddies.

RD

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/ricardodavila25/ac106_redneck-toilet.jpg

[ August 07, 2014, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

DIDNT SHOW RICARDO......
DAY 1 TEAROUT........didnt know it was this bad. rotted 2x4 shower wall. just behind the radio.....wood totally gone can see into the crawl space...shirley...concrete got to come out!!! 1961, the put plywood downm poured 3-4 concrete onto 2 X 12's, that they cut out3-4 inchs forthe concrete to set on. poor engineering, but 1961, was the way it was done. remover the heavy concrete, rebuild the 2X12's so all i need to put on top of them is 3/4 subfloor, 1/2 concrete board, kerdi wrap to waterproof it..at 1/3 the weight of the 3-4" concrete. also so many new products available like WEDI-BOARD or KERDI-board....google them and be amazed.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ August 08, 2014, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Hey Joe,
Great opportunity to install 'in floor heating' under the new tile. Keep you feets toasty warm whenever you're in there!
Where did you get that 'fan with a built in radio' ? I love that!

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Sorry about that, Joe.......I couldn't even find it, myself.......Anyway, it was funny.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

shirley......iam in florda)))))house is 2 ft above ground, the underside acts like an insulation when its cold here. we had SNOW LAST WINTER!!!! 1 DAY))))
freezing temps killed 4 of my citrus trees. but we normally dont see it below 32 here for any length of time. and we do rugs in the bathroom cause i dont like water on any tile floor..the rug have a rubberized backing.
i called a guy for the WEDI-BOARD...shower $800.00!!!! aint goin that route.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I too like the radio/fan you've got...that's really a great idea...where did you get it...I'm looking for a radio/toaster myself.

Just wondering...how did you ever get in that shower stall.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...I'm so glad you showed us your bathroom today...it's really interesting.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

rusty.......iam gona be nice......and not bust lose on ya)))))hehehehehehehe

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...you sure you're feelin alright today...you might need to see a doctor.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Joe,

Just because I like you, here is my suggestion for your "new throne room".......Nothing says it better than a themed toilet......No need to thank me, Joe.

-

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

guess you didnt read my other post about the old old signs???? i sold a bar in PA in 1980.......last bar to have outhouse for the patrons.....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

DAY 2.....inside of shower. not much between the tile and the outside brick))) [IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

dale......we just paid the PLUMBERS..to redo all the hot and cold water pipes and the bathroom iam working HAS NO WATER LINES now. they will have to be added when i reset the commode, shower and sink locations. $2390.00 for all new PEX LINES. you see it on HGTV, supposed to be the endall- be all plumbing pipe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ya8Nv5g-M

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...thanks again for the updated photo of your bathroom...what a great way to start my day.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

You're too funny Rusty!

Hey Joe, are you going to keep that same theme of yellow, black, violet and white - fish & seashells - in the new bathroom?

I always decorate in black & white and add one strong color(violet & yellow wouldn't be my first choice).

And I see how on the walls you've just been dabbing on all your leftover paint to make it colorful!

Where did the fan-radio go?

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...so you guys just "holdin it" til the commode gets reset or what?

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. If had know that there was this much interest in bathroom remodeling I would have posted pictures of mine from last year.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

shirley.....i have a wife....and this bathroom was HERS, her idea on the walls)))))...... the other bathroom RUSTY(we be rich folks wezz got 2 schitters)
and ray......since ya got some experience at this........feel free to join in)))))but rememeber....iam on a small budget under $10k)))))

[ August 09, 2014, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...it's good to know you got 2 of those things...whatever they're called.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

well in tenn they are OUTHOUSES))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty ....
quote:
so you guys just "holdin it" til the commode gets reset or what?
Joe has a small barrel on he back porch for that.

Expect a small barrel delivery by UPS when he finishes remodeling!

[IMG]
http://www.letterville.com/album/BullBoard/dog49.gif
[/IMG]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty ....
quote:
so you guys just "holdin it" til the commode gets reset or what?
Joe has a small barrel on he back porch for that.

Expect a small barrel delivery by UPS when he finishes remodeling!

[ August 10, 2014, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Si...knowing how full of it Joe is I don't think a small barrel can handle the job.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

si........i was gona SUPRISE HIM))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

DAY 3 almost got it all down.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is very annoyed with me. He's telling me to STOP LAUGHING. I'm blaming Rusty.

Joe, that brick wall is a pretty cool find! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

the house is BRICK...looks just like that on the outside.....this pic is the other side of the wall on the outside... [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ August 15, 2014, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

OMG, Joe, your kid looks just like you !.....Nice picture.......Just keeeeedin', Hennie.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Cant quite put my finger on it but there's something creepy going on in that picture.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

RUSTY......your just an old PER-VERT))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Well Joe you know what they say.

[ August 16, 2014, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"They" are always saying something.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!