Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT - Some people! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OT - Some people!
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we've all seen those electric scooters in the past few years.

I bought one about 4-5 years back and they are great for quick trips to the store or to zip here or there.

I sold mine because I wasn't allowed to take my son on it ( he was 6 or 7 at the time) and I only got to ride it when he was in school, or with a sitter and in the warmer months.

The law in Ontario clearly states that no one under 16 yrs. is allowed on as an operator or a passenger.

So a woman drives up to the museum parking lot on one of these with here 5 year old on the front.
The 5 year old has to hold onto the handles when they drive.The mother sits behind and has to reach around her son to control the bike.

She goes into the museum and while she's in there I printed off the Ministry of Transportation rules for her and left it on her seat.

She reads the rules, puts her kid back on the bike and drives off!
(of course NOW she knows what she is doing is illegal, if she didn't before).

I really hope I don't read in the paper, a story about an accident involving a child who was hurt or worse, while riding on a scooter that he had no business being on in the first place!

What would you do?
Mind your own business?
Report it and hopefully put a stop to it before that child gets hurt?

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shirley,

You did good !

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you probably did the right thing, Shirley, to make her aware of it. But some people just don't care. Period.

These are the same people that don't wear seatbelts; the same people that text while driving; and the same people that leave their kids in the hot car while shopping.

And they're the first to scream "How did that happen?" when some tragic accident happens.

Sometimes, you just can't fix 'stupid'.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just because YOU abide by all the written rules.....is it your place to inform others WHO DONT? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
now you have involved yourself in someone elses problem)))))) and this is upsetting YOUR equanimity.
and to what end???? as you saw she ignored it....so the only one who came away from this with any bad feeling.........was guess who)))))
sometimes........its just best to let the stupids be stupid and get your undies in a wad....BECAUSE OF THEM.
i dont walk to well, i have a handicapped parking permit. and nothing PI**ES MY OFF WORSE.... then people who are driving their parents/grandparents vehicle and PARKING IN THE HANDICAPPED SLOT!!!!!! or the idiot WITH A HANDICAPPED PERMIT.... sitting in his vehicle IN THE HANDICAPPED SLOT!!!!! come on guy, you cant walk, and YOU ARE JUST SITTING IN YOUR VEHICLE....you can do that in any parking spot!!!!! then ya got the ones NO PERMIT who will sit in their vehicle IN THE HANDICAPPED SPACE!!!!! inconsiderate aholes. i said something to a kid one day doing this. he tells me his grandma cant walk....HEY KID...SHES IN WALMART, YOU ARE SITTIN IN A HANDICAPPED SPACE....why???? then i see him again inside, and i told his grandmother she needs to educate her grandson...NOW HE SAY...if we wasnt in the store.he take one hand open and makes a fist with his other and hits his hand!!!!!! i looked at him..and laughed.. and said oh mr tough guy ....YOU WOULD DO YOURSELF PROUD...HITTIN A 68 YEAR OLD MAN..HUH??? and you might just get the surprise of your life son........i stepped over better then you to get to a good fight))))))) now i dont think he gained much from that but i need to take some extra meds to get my blood pressure down......so i was the only one that suffered any thing from dealing with a STUPID)))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP - I guess I just have a soft spot for kids, puppies & kittens.I can't help myself when I see they are not being protected or treated right. It's just in my nature to say "hey....!"

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shirley... We have several friends in our small town who have electric "scooters"/ E-Bikes and often they will drive by with a grandkid on board.

After reading your statement I had to check the validity of your statement.

In fact, what the law says is....

"•No person who is the owner or is in possession or control of an e-bike shall permit a person who is under the age of 16 years to ride on, drive or operate the e-bike on a HIGHWAY."

Residential streets are not "highways" so I guess our friends are OK.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Yes, Dave - you are correct - that is what it reads (or used to) and one would argue that a 'highway' is a road on which vehicles travel upwards of 90km or more.

But I did go down to my local OPP station, with the Baja and asks that they clarify. Don't forget, I thought I could take my little guy on my bike, at the time, and wanted to make sure it was legal.

They told me all roads are referred to as highways and they don't specify "in town" streets as anything else. They call them highways too, in other words.

But the new regulation has reworded that to read: no passenger under 16 on "Public Roads", I suppose to make it less confusing.

Your friends can easily clarify by asking at the local PD.

I think they also say that e-bikes are not allowed on 400 series highways.

I know it's confusing, and open to interpretation.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Here is what I read Dave:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/emerging/e-bike-faq.shtml

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,

Why all the fuss ?...This should be about just plain and simple common sense....The only concern, here, should, only, be the SAFETY OF THE CHILD.....nothing else. Not, whether the law says that you can or you can't take him or her for a ride on an electric bike, or let him or her ride your electric bike or scooter......

People who write laws are not necessarily always correct....and much less people who sign them and make them into laws.

Contrary to driving a car or any heavy vehicle, bad things do happen very quick, on the road, when you are riding a bicycle, motorcycle or a scooter.

Take my word for it, I ride bicycles and motorcycles since I was 17 years old........and I am 77 years old, now.

It's very cool and cute to take a child for a ride on your electric scooter and let your neighbors see you, so you can brag about it during your next social gathering with them.......Yeah, right.....But, it seems that we have forgotten a very important detail in this equation. And it is: THE UNPREDICTABLE ACTIONS OF OTHERS, WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING WHATEVER THEY DRIVE, ON OUR ROADS, WHILE YOU ARE RIDING WITH YOUR KID ON YOUR ELECTRIC BIKE........There is no way to predict how good or bad, or responsibly, other people who use the same paths where you are showing off with your child, are going to act like, while driving their vehicles.......Regardless of how good and careful you are, while riding your electric bike, with your child on board.

Again, Shirley, I think you did good.

RD

[ July 28, 2014, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of your choices given, I choose mind my own business.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Thanks Ricardo.

I didn't really 'involve' myself OP. Calling the police and making an issue of it would, in my opinion, be involving myself.

I saw something that was obviously wrong.

I saw a woman who was making a poor choice and putting a small child in danger.

I provided that woman the necessary information to educate her and help her make better choices in the future.

I did not attach a nasty note to the information, nor did I verbally reprimand her.

What she chooses to do from here...? At least now she KNOWS what she is doing is not only a fine example of poor judgement but also illegal.

My actions were meant to raise awareness and hopefully she will find safe, alternative ways to transport her child.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you did may or may not deter her actions in the future...maybe they will...I hope they will....but you did the responsible thing.

Recently I also was confronted with a "do I" or "don't I" say something situation...as I came out a store to get in my car I had to step over an open pizza box with a half eaten pizza in it that was not there when I had gotten out...it was obvious who the culprit was...a rough looking character with no shirt on and his arm hanging out the window sat in the passengers seat just above the box...as I pulled away from the store I felt so repulsed by the lack of respect shown for the community that I turned the car around and pulled right back into my original parking spot and got out to confront the shirtless guy...he had a bit of a thug look so in my deepest voice I asked had he thrown the box out and that he needed to pick it up...I was po'd a bit and must have sounded pretty authoritarian because he quickly got out and picked up the mess...I thanked him in a tone that displayed my disgust and mentioned that there was a several hundred dollar fine for littering.

To speak up may not always be the best idea...but there are times when being silent is not being responsible...I felt good about what I did and will do it again if confronted with similar circumstances in the future.

[ July 27, 2014, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Albert Einstein,once, said:

"IF I REMAIN SILENT I WOULD BE GUILTY OF COMPLICITY."

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did right.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shirly.....YOU was the only one in this.....that had any concern, felt badly, reacted to someone elses STUPID........which only caused YOU.....emotional stress.....and as long as

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

shirly.....YOU was the only one in this.....that had any concern, felt badly, reacted to someone elses STUPID........which only caused YOU.....emotional stress.....as you said, YOU WAITED to see her read the paper YOU left her......and her response was TO TOTALLY IGNORE all of the effort YOU EXPENDED... to remedy a situation...YOU THOUGHT needed YOUR INPUT.
SO YES....My actions were meant to raise awareness and hopefully she will find safe, alternative ways to transport her child.......you said this.......and yes..YOU did what you believed to be "the right thing" to do.....but again.....YOU are the only one that had any emotional stress because of YOUR ACTION.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Better me than the child.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

POINT BEING..... you did what you thought was right.......as for it doing anything to help the child........i seriously doubt it, as you said she read it..AND DIS-GUARDED IT!!!!! again....you was the only one in this scenario...that had any EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT......the lady didnt care, i doubt if she will pay any attention to your efforts....so all in all it was an effort in futility......BUT YOU FEEL BETTER for getting involved.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shirley, you felt strongly about this or it wouldn't have prompted you to act. I believe you did the right thing, I would have been more confrontational about it but I think your way was better. Consider this: maybe she had no other option than to leave with her child the same way she came. Was she to leave the kid there alone, take the scooter home & come back with the car? Call her husband to leave work to come get the kid? I'm hoping your info made her realize she was in the wrong & won't do it again.

Now, if you see her doing it again, then I'd call the police. At that point, if she isn't going to be responsible for her child, it's time for someone to take more aggressive actions to be the responsible one.

Ricardo is right. If you had done nothing, you'd be just as guilty as she is.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Next time you see a Child in a Hot Car just turn a blind eye...Thats whats wrong with some people.. afraid to do the right thing.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Joe,

Have you ever stopped to think, for a moment, that there might be a future, for you, in the field of childcare?

RD

[ July 28, 2014, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Neil,

....I would go a bit further, on what you said.

Some people would only do the right thing, when they have an audience......but, do fail to do the right thing when nobody is looking.

RD

P.S.
MY DEFINITION OF INTEGRITY : "Doing the right thing when nobody is looking"

[ July 28, 2014, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we arguing law here or what's right? They are not always the same thing.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....and sometimes they are the same thing.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Similar scenarios play out every week on tv's "What Would You Do?"...I believe an American viewing audience would have agreed that Shirley did the right thing."

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Guys,

Here is a good word that could help, some of you, to dissipate any doubts, you might still have about what we are discussing here.

Unfortunately, I do believe that apathy is largely affecting our present society, in a very terrible way.

Apathy, is the cause of the loss of many lives, on a daily basis. Lives that could have been saved, had some shown concern at the right moment......Hey, what do I know?.....I am just a sign painter.

Say no more !

APATHY ( definition )

Indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm, lack of concern, unconcern, uninterestedness, unresponsiveness, impassivity, dispassion, lethargy, languor, ennui............

RD

[ July 28, 2014, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that apathy also hits all of us in the wallet. She did the right thing.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

none of you.......are hearing what i say.
talking to the wall here.
EMOTIONAL EXPENDITURE......EMOTIONAL AGGRAVATION....STRESS ON YOUR PHYSIOLOGY!!!!!
and to what end?????? thats my point.
this was not a life or death decision. GETTING INVOLVED......had no positive outcome, YOU SAID IT YOURSELF.
yes the world is full of idiots and a holes.
and trying to correct their BEHAVIOR.......ONLY HAS A NEGATIVE EFFECT on you......most of the time these people will never listen to any thing you have to say......so like i said,
YOU did what you thought was right......BUT YOU ALSO was the only one who was in EMOTIONAL DISTRESS.....about it.
woulda been better to just shake your head, and let stupid be stupid......
and richard....FYI, i worked as a drug and alcohol counselor while in college......while taking psychology...........

[ July 29, 2014, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Thank you Joe, for enlightening me......I am, only, just a Sign Painter.

I knew I was going to get the best out of you, with my little crafty comment.

Have a nice day and make sure you go to bed early......You need to rest, after this confrontation, with us, in Letterville.

You know we love you, Joe.

RD

[ July 29, 2014, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Kissy. What was she supposed to do... tell the 5 yr old' "You can't ride anymore, so you walk on the sidewalk, and I'll see you when we get home."??? Maybe what Shirley did will register with her the next time.

Either way Shirley did the right thing. Even if she is the only one affected by this, the effect was...Shirley knows that she tried, and that is a lot better than not caring.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

OP...it's clear what you are saying...but apparently...up to this point...no one here agrees with it.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Actually Joe, we love you here, but I am starting to think that this is causing YOU the most emotional stress of anyone here!

You're not talking to the wall - your point was well stated and understood.

Don and Kissy, the parking lot is directly across the street - the view from my office window. The woman lives ...a 10 minute walk from here; it was a beautiful day for a stroll. She could have walked home and come back later for the bike. If she looked like she was going to do the right thing - I would have paid the $6.00 for a taxi to take her son and she could have followed it home on the bike.

There were options. There always are.

It was just one of those things that happened to come up, like Rusty explained, "Do I say something? or don't I?".

I wish there was a crystal ball that showed the result of our actions & choices. You did nothing - and this happened, you did/said something - and this happened....

If I see her again on the bike - with the child- I will likely report her. I think this would have been observed and questioned by some other citizens around here, but it would be difficult to catch her 'on the move'. So people just let it go.

The other day she happened to be parked and the opportunity to 'catch up' with her presented itself. Now she KNOWS her actions have not gone un-noticed and are disapproved of.

Like many of you say, she probably won't change.
"you can't fix stupid" - Dale.

But maybe, just maybe she will think twice.

Her 'ignorance' card has been played, so what excuse could she have?

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Guys,

One thing for sure.......We did manage to set this thread,"Some people", on fire.......We just passed the number of "posts" that "Sign forums" has (31).........Call the Fire Dept. !!

RD

[ July 29, 2014, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

no emotional distress here....and iam not an uncaring person. but i guess living as long as i have, and "trying to do the right thing" many times.......coupled with doing drug and alcohol counseling .....I HAVE LEARNED... to pick and choose CAREFULLY...... the things(& stupids)i try to change)))))which takes me to the serenity prayer.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
that was my point.........and by far..........
WISDOM.....DONT COME EASY))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Joe,

Here are three videos which, I am sure, will restore your faith in humanity..........I know you are going to love it.

No. 1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=580103812111306&set=vb.253878101400547&type=2&theater

No. 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a97sJ8hovsw

No. 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kmwsTL7snA

Enjoy, Paisano !

RD

P.S. -- Here are two more which will, definitely, restore your faith in mankind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy6DGppUoh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFve5faxE3Q

[ July 29, 2014, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick get out the pinstripe & lettering brushes & lay some lines & letters on the scooter.

The kid will be so amazed at this, then not get back on & follow you everywhere.

The mom will be so dumbfounded by this & would carefully read the rules & be so happy that you have taught the kid a trade & she so thankful you saved the kids life

And everybody lives happily ever after.

Yes, ya did great & minded your business as much as ya could. After all it is all about safety & it comes 1st even if the truth hurts.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Craig,

Are you OK?.......Good to know you are still around.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Rusty, (about the pizza box).
Everybody here seems to be assuming that the kid was actually in danger. Was he? Or was it just that the mother was violating some law? I follow only laws I agree with.
I'm glad I got to spend at least my early years when anybody cd ride a scooter or a bike and carry any kind of passenger he wanted. It was up to the individual to use his common sense about whether something was safe or not, or how much he wanted to chance it.
Of course if you saw some nut really endangering someone -- forget what the law does or doesnt say --you'd say something about it, but it's not clear here that that was really the case.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Dennis...I know you are independent thinker...and I like that alot...but what would happen if everyone followed only the laws they agreed with?.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!