Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WORKING ON SUNTAN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WORKING ON SUNTAN
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FEBRUARY 1st 9 AM...........WORKIN ON MY SUNTAN!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA iwas actually sweating. gona be 70 here FEB 2nd!!!!!!!!
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP...thanks for sparing us the full monty.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol!

Spring must be here ... my Calilillies are in bloom!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rusty look at them ABS))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to,,,
 -
that's how they do it in the magazines

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

gee....alicia.......i thought i look like that without photoshop))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia... it did not help.... Op, I now know where the phrase 'Don't get your tits caught in a ringer' comes from. hahahhahahahahahahahahaha

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

gee toddi.........seems you are the only one concerned with my mammary equipment.......youre such a sweetie)))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha!

Here is an old picture of Old Paint and his buddy showing off their abs!

-

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP lost his man bra.

Hey, OP, better have your sunscreen on. At this time of the year, even as far south as Pensacola, all you are getting is the cancer causing UVA rays. Until the sun reaches an altitude of 53 degrees, the vitamin D producing UVB rays don't even reach the ground. Today at high noon the angle of the sun is 43.5 degrees, and for only 10 minutes. Where I live, the highest angle is only 27.8 degrees, which is why we need to supplement so much vitamin D up here.

[ February 04, 2014, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

hey davie......in 68 years i have never used a sun screen. i am not a lilly white guy like most yankees. my mother was ITALIAN, and my fathers family came from a part of russian with darker then moscovits complexion. so i really never had a problem with getting sun burn. and i beg to differ with your calculations. i built my shop with the suns position so i could install a window wall on the south side of the shop. right now the sun beats right in the shop, dead of summer.....sun is directly over head or further north. i dont really have a good tan n this pic.THE COLOR IN THIS PIC IS ACTUALLY how dark i get...... in the 80's when i lived on the beach in sarasota.....this is what a sun tan looks like)))))))hahahahahaha
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ February 04, 2014, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee whiz OP..... you were actually a stud....... 140 years ago. ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Your man-boobs must have been the inspiration for Salvador Dali's "Persistence of Mammory"

-

Hahahahahahahaha.

(hope all is well - you know I likes ya!)

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go OP. Argue with the United States Naval Observatory.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php

Edit: And by the way, African Americans get skin cancer. Contrary to what most (but not all) dermatologists believe, it's lack of vitamin D that let's skin cancer take hold. High vitamin D levels protect you more than sunscreen, which often has cancer causing chemicals in them.

[ February 05, 2014, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

and iam African American????hahahahahaa well..... considerin where you live(as for sun strength)and where i am.......i trust my eyes...as to the location of the sun angle. our house has big windows east & west. small windows north south. the living room catches the morning sunthru the woindows and the afternoon sun hits the dinning room. when i built the shop i positioned it north/south sane as the house. and my back wall is 16 ft tall with a 4' X 12' clear polycarbonate section so the sun beats right in during the nov-march months and during may-sept the sun is directly over the shop. this was taken at nite, cause during the day the sun is coming right in the panels.
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ February 05, 2014, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

You better keep your shirt on if you get anywhere near those fan blades, OP.........it could make for an udder-ly devastating scene.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

WOW.... OK, for the last time, I'm not calling you African American, I'm saying just because you are olive skinned doesn't mean you're immune. And re-read your last post. You just proved my point about sun angle. It is not between May and September right now, therefore the sun is at an angle, too low an angle for UVB rays to penetrate the atmosphere. On June 30th, your sun angle for UVB rays are between 10:00 am and 4:50 pm with a maximum angle of 87.2 degrees at 12:50 pm. Now as of today, the maximum sun angle for Pensacola Florida is 46 degrees at noon. 50 degrees is the minimum for UVB rays to reach the ground. So you may be working on a tan, but it's not healthy.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since retirement, we have lived in sandals, shorts and t-shirts pretty much year round. We are slightly tanned but only from walking around in the sun.

Our days of intentionally sitting outside to get a tan are long gone.

I doubt Joe spends time seriously working on a tan like he/we used to in days gone by.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

no dave.... i sit on da front porch waitin for my govt money))))))) sitting in the sun is a bonus)))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

I'd rather get my sun on the golf course. Yippee, only 10 more weeks of winter!

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

We are supposed to get into the upper 50s next week, so I might beat you to the golf course. After being below freezing(and below 0 a lot) for the last 2 weeks I might work on my tan at the same time.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Tomorrow (Sunday Feb. 16) is suppose to reach 20. This will tie the all time record for the most days in a row below freezing, 72. We should make it 74 or 75 days. Thursday it's suppose to hit 38. If it gets too warm too fast we'll have flooding. I won't have to worry though. Both my house and shop are very high.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!