Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » DOWNOADING LICENSE FILES?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DOWNOADING LICENSE FILES?
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a license file for Signlab on my computer, I do not know how to download it into Signlab, hoping it will help with my problem. Can't find out how, searched the web too. [Frown]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried updating my Signlab & my computer will not do it. It just stops & says it is not responding. Maybe it is my internet connection.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried contacting Cadlink? I remember loading SignLab on another computer and I had to also load the license files. Sorry, I forgot how I did it. It was several years ago. I am using SignLab 7.1 on Windows XP. I bought a new computer in Feb. with Windows 7 and was told I would have to upgrade SL to a higher version. So, for now I still use my old computer for SignLab.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your using SL7 the auto update thingy is broken.. You have to go to the site and manually download them to your computer then install... The Lic File is used when you install the program.. It will ask for the disk or location and direct it to the file.

If you can't find the updates send me an email and I'll email them back to you.
The last ones I have are from 2012 one is 7megs and the other is 15 so I hope your not using dialup [Wink]

[ September 19, 2013, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Billie DeBekker ]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Bill I am getting new internet next week (Wed. morning), will be cable instead of Dish, should work much better. Should I wait til then to bother you?

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jean, I upgraded to Signlab 8 when I got my new plotter a few years back. I think that cost me around $750.

They will not help me, when I emailed them, they told me to call & pay $70 for help. That is PER INCIDENT, not per phone call.

Did you get free lifetime tech support when you bought your Signlab? I did, IT WAS PART OF THE DEAL. Isn't there a law against breaking your agreements? We are not all big sign companies that can afford to pay for the help. I am small, I work out of my barn, alone.

[ September 19, 2013, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Bobbie Rochow ]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

I seem to be getting help from a Signlab person on the Cadlink website forum-yeay!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!