Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Graphtec CE2000 with Windows 7 64 bit computer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Graphtec CE2000 with Windows 7 64 bit computer
Phillip Newell
Visitor
Member # 4618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phillip Newell   Author's Homepage   Email Phillip Newell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all

I'm trying to find a driver for my recently purchased Graphtec CE2000 to run from my windows 7 64 bit computer. I know this machine is a dinosaur, but I've always had good success with older Rolands, so thought a Graphtec must surely be ok.

I've tried downloading the drivers from the Graphtec site, but when I go to install, the CE2000 isn't on the drop down list of plotter choices in the setup. I've tried a couple of times, thinking I was making some sort of dumb mistake, but it's just not there.

Is anyone still running one of these with a newer computer? Do I need to use one of the other drivers? Any suggestions would be great!

--------------------
Phillip Newell
Newell Graphics
1346 Garnet St.
Burlington, IA 52601
319-754-5113

Posts: 187 | From: Henderson, IL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phillip,
I had the same problem when upgrading to windows 7 using an old vinyl express cutter.
Unless graphtec has made a driver for windows 7 you may be out of luck for an easy solution.

This only works with windows 7 pro, but you can download virtual machine and windows xp to run inside of windows 7, and load your driver in the xp side. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. This would also allow you to run older programs that aren't windows 7 compatible.

The downloads were free, I assume they still are?
Huge files, so be prepared for that if you go this route.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phillip Newell
Visitor
Member # 4618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phillip Newell   Author's Homepage   Email Phillip Newell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phew...sure hope I don't have to go that route. I thought for sure there had to be somebody out there with a solution.

Thanks Tony for your input!

I've emailed Graphtec too. I won't be surprised if they don't respond though.

--------------------
Phillip Newell
Newell Graphics
1346 Garnet St.
Burlington, IA 52601
319-754-5113

Posts: 187 | From: Henderson, IL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phillip the name of the zip file I downloaded is OPS628(Wx64)v1010 and it includes the driver file for the ce2000 plotter named ce2000.gpd iff it doesn't match the filename you downloaded you may have downloaded the wrong file by mistake and or if it is the correct file you might try typing the "ce2000" into the selection box to see if that works,....the readme file for the driver states you have to have windows 7 home premium or higher version of win 7 for it to work and the plotter must be powered up and plugged in for the pc to recognize it during the driver installation

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phillip Newell
Visitor
Member # 4618

Whoa! Graphtec responded already and sent me a driver for Windows 7, different than the one on the site.

I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested.

--------------------
Phillip Newell
Newell Graphics
1346 Garnet St.
Burlington, IA 52601
319-754-5113

Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a great plotter!

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!