Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » America's Got Talent (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: America's Got Talent
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kid is from right here in Lawrenceburg, Tn... population 12,000...Donna and I first heard him sing at a local hs musical presentation...he was featured in several songs and we were blown away...we came out asking ourselves..."Who is this kid?"...though he sings all kinds of music...I think he chose this particular genre because it really shows if one technically has the pipes...he does alot with the local song writers group...one of my friends is a song writer and he has gotten Jonathan to do a few of his demos...you would be amazed to hear this kid tear up a country song...though the ones I heard were more modern country...the story of being kicked out of his house on his 18th birthday for being gay is sadly a true one...there is still alot of prejudice against the gays here in this ultra conservative religious community...but the times are changing and I think for what he has suffered for being gay will actually help create sympathy for him in this competition...GOOD LUCK JONATHAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeAnjyeUUQ

[ June 14, 2013, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart wrenching and truly magnificent.
Such a sad story and such a hopeful new beginning.

[ June 14, 2013, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Preston McCall ]

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well hope he does not use the story to get votes cause I heard him on TV & yes awesome voice.

But this is not about stories it is about skill & keeping focused.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Craig..........

Now, be nice.......You know, this is a heart wrenching story......The kid is great.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was adopted by a couple in our town who were unable to have children...or so they thought...after adopting the child she became pregnant and they had a son of their own...naturally Jonathan became head of music at the family church...a church where a very hard line is taken against the homosexual life style...when he came out about being gay the adopted parents showed no love or tolerance toward Jonathan and told him when he turned 18 he was gone...he was kicked out of the house with little more than the clothes on his back for being gay...at least it wasn't Old Testament style where he would have been stoned to death.

Though this sad story has been common knowledge in the community for over the last couple of years...the last 3 days have been interesting in our little town...the parents, their relatives and friends have desperatly been scrambling to salvage the parent's reputation...they have taken to attacking the kid...calling him a liar, a thief, a cheat...in an attempt to make the parents not look so bad...but it's been common knowledge in the community for a while now that the story Jonathan related on America's Got Talent is sadly true.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS IS THE KINDA STUFF...THAT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL...and i want to kill those that do crap like this.
there are 2 more of these type stories in the news. the 10 year old boy that sang national anthem in a mexican outfit:
http://aattp.org/mexican-american-boy-attacked-by-bigoted-conservatives-after-singing-national-anthem/
and then the young girl who also sang the national anthem and she had people condeming her.
all i can say is these bozo will get to meet their maker....and try to explain why they did this crap)))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome..I'd say something but don't want it turn into another Fiasco... Good on Him!!!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Neil...I remember how heart broken you were when your son was moving out to a place of his own...howz he doing...I remember how proud you were of him...hope all is well.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living with jerks like them, I'm surprised the kid stuck around as long as he did. If your own parents dont love you for who you are, screw them.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The comments made about the Mexican kid (born in America like Bruce Springsteen) are incredible. Before the Internet came along I never really understood how stupid and nasty a lot of people are.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...the guy knows what his parents are like, but flouts his preferences. They "tolerate" this until he's old enough to support himself. His parents don't want to pick up the tab for his lifestyle. They've supported him all these years, gave him an education, made him ready for life, gave him way more than a lot of kids get, and now people want to "kill those that do crap like this". That big of a crime Joe? Death penalty? Maybe just hyperbole? The hyperbole that wouldn't be "tolerated" if it were reversed? OK, we'll just assume it's a strong feeling that's notched down a little from the "kill" degree, sounds like "hate".
HATE IS OK DEPENDING ON WHO IS DOING IT,
-and-
TOLERANCE IS DEFINED ONLY BY LIBERALS.
Intolerance will not be tolerated, and all that. Not saying liberals are hypocrites, no, that word can only be used for Christians. Let's just go with "inconsistent".
The kid sounds like an ungrateful, vengeful, publicity seeker.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

James...interesting conclusion given the facts that have been presented...but just like OP you are entitled to your opinion even if it's based on nothing more than your assumptions...guess I hadn't considered just how wonderful these parents were...we should all be so lucky. [Roll Eyes]

[ June 15, 2013, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
james........political labels DONT APPLY HERE....end of conversation on that.
BIGOTED RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS....no matter liberal or conservative...
ARE THE BIGGEST LAIRS.... they want to make all things they do, AS THEIR GOD DICTATES TO THEM, how to be....
and they assume no personal responsibility!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see, James.

HYPERBOLE - Definition: "A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis".... This is what Joe is doing.....We all do it, at one time or another, in our lifetimes. Whether joking or in a moment of anger and I can understand that.

PARENTHOOD - Tell me, James....What is parenthood and when does parenthood end?........At age 18?

A son and a daughter are a son and a daughter ....FOR LIFE.

Those are the cards that God dealt us and we have to play with them, whether we like it or not.

RD

[ June 15, 2013, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow James you should get a job at Fox news. Let's see... preference, tolerate, lifestyle, good job of using the usual buzzwords of bigots. I thought it was especially creative to rearrange OP's words and add some of your own and put quotation marks on them. By the way it's not all Christians that are hypocrites, just the ones like Westboro Baptist which it seems you would fit right in with.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think almost everyone who reads this forum have often heard the phrase " God-given talent". It would appear that this young man has been gifted, and if so, it's well beyond my understanding as to why. After all, if this lifestyle is so abhorant, perhaps something more punative would be more readily understood, but quite obviously this is exactly the opposite of what we as mere humans might expect.

I also tend to question if God never intended me to think for myself....then why did He ever equip me with a brain ?

Maybe God has a sense of humour..

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Ken,

"God given talent".....If you have it you have it....If you don't have you don't have it.....I do not think, for a minute, that talent has anything to do with being rewarded nor that you are being punished, when you don't have a "God given talent."

Quoting you:

"perhaps something more punative would be more readily understood," (punitive)

Why do we, even, have to think about punishing the other person because he or she is different to us?

RD

[ June 15, 2013, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read it again Richard. Most of my reply is tongue-in-cheek, and hence my reference to God having a sense of humour. In no way was I implying or advocating punishment. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Punishment is what religion has conditioned us to expect.

God and religion aren't necessarily connected, but again, being human and not Devine, I readily admit there is much that I do not understand.

I do believe that I am expected to think, since I've been given the means to do so.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

So I was surfing around Youtube listening to videos and reading the comments pertaining to this young kid that I posted about...so I post 1 or 2 comments and yesterday I get a hate mail response sent to my email account...this person says they don't want to be ugly because they work with one of my sons...then they proceeded to get ugly... "You're full of s**t" and "Shut the f**k up!" among others such delightful comments...I thought this was probably some redneck guy that works with my son but was surprized to find out today that it was a 50 yr old woman...but I was not surprized to find out she is a relative of the parents...WOW...the kid's parents and their relatives and friends are in crisis mode...it's all the talk around here and our little town is in an uproar.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Ken,

I read it again.....Still think the same way.

Anyway, I would like to add that I believe in freedom to think ( like you ) and freedom of speech.

Nevertheless, expressing what we think, always, entails a great responsibility.

Have a nice day.

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, some things are self evident, if the parents had beaten and abused the kid, that surely would have been front and center as further proof of how awful they are. Yes, considering all that you're omitting, they probably ARE good parents.
Ricardo, thanks for verifying my point. So if the "kill" part is hyperbole, it must be a little less, like hate, which, I reiterate, is perfectly fine, depending who's doing it. And, just to bring you up to speed, you're committing the fallacy of equivocation. You're blending two definitions: parent and support. According to your definition, parents should support lazy bum drunkards at age 35. It's a morality issue, and people like you simply cannot "tolerate" other definitions of morality.
Wow Goddinfla, good job of being quite mixed up. The left uses those words more than anybody, it's part of the usual social manipulation. Take what was disgusting a generation ago, and give it a different name. For instance, the term "child molestation" was the common term. Now it's being changed to "Trans generational sex". One of the Scandinavian countries has even legalized a political party whose intent is to lower the age of consent between men and boys.
As for Joe's word's EXACTLY WHERE did I change them? He said "...I want to kill those that do crap like this" Because you're sloppy with your thinking, you commit the Ad hominem abusive falacy, attributing things to me, who you know little about. I think the Westboro people are deranged. But I guess, when you're content challenged you can get a lot of mileage out of a comment like that, it's distilled manipulation.
Ken, is it a necessary inference that all talent is from God? Maybe so, but the world is full of people that misuse their ability. Still, this comment:"God and religion aren't necessarily connected, but again, being human and not Devine, I readily admit there is much that I do not understand." is one of the most reasonable on this thread. Peel away the top layer of what I'm getting at, and one thing you'll see is that I'm amazed how people who consider themselves light years beyond the simple mindedness of the Bible are brainwashed into being really angry at an issue. These people would consider Krystal Nacht a terrible thing, but they'll be the very ones involved when it happens here.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.

Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love America and Canada, where we can ALL express our opinions openly and especially this free speech forum. Smile and wave. I hope the young man makes it as a singer and will watch for his talent to emerge. That is what this is all about, anyway. Ain't it?

I am reminded daily the words of R. Crumb's Flakey Foont asking Mr. Natural the meaning of life...The Great Beard says, "It don't mean sheet!"

[ June 16, 2013, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Preston McCall ]

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Well,James...My hat is off to you. You have managed to, single-handedly, attempt to wipe out the opinions of five of us and, at the same time, put us in "our place".

You must be the one of whom they speak about, whom I have never met, yet....Yes, you must be the only one in possession of the book of the truth......The only one who knows all the true answers to all the problems of mankind.

I surrender to such an immense amount of knowledge.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

RD

[ June 16, 2013, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

thank you Ricardo.........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Ricardo, REALLY? Is that your best shot? The ultimate dodge, and continual avoidance of the issues. Do try to say something substantive, man, or it will obvious that it was more than an attempt on my part.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.

Benjamin Franklin

goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, I read in one of your earlier posts that before you became a Christian you were a drug user. You've just substituted another addiction that like drugs will rot your mind when misused.
Also the pedophile comment is pure genius. By the way what websites are you visiting to find these tidbits? Isn't it amazing that the preachers and politicians that scream the loudest against homosexuality are the ones caught with another man.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

James...as a parent...what would you do and how would you treat one of your kids if they came out and said they were gay?

[ June 16, 2013, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Ricardo, you just don't get it; you keep talking about me, not the issue at hand. Now you're calling the arguments that trounced yours an addiction. That's the loser tactics of liberals. You should have done something different back when, something like this:
OK Mr. Donahue, so you think we can neatly separate the parenting from the support at a pre determined age? This isn't 1953 you know; economic pressures place more demands on parents' time. That and the increasing complexity of today's world might just add up to a situation the young person needs more time with the parents. Really Mr. Donahue, when were YOU ready to leave the house? Or, how many people did you know that were actually out of the folk's house at age 18? 3? 5? 10 on the outside? Last time I checked Mr. Donahue, there were about 300 million people in this country, you suppose a set number can be determined for their kids?
See? I just made that up, you could have done the same, but no-o-o-o, you had to resort to the most juvenile replies I've ever heard. Tell you what, bonus points for sticking your tongue out and saying nya-nya.
Rusty on the other hand, has raised an interesting question, to which the answer would be determined by the situation. How many other children are in the house, what kind of influence would this child be on the others? Homosexuality isn't the only sin around; other actions could put the parents in the exact dilemma. I'm sure that the parents struggled with this, and finally said no, not on our dime. Another consideration is what sort of example this would set for other youths at the church. The Bible is crystal clear about its position on the issue. If you want to say that the Bible and the Bible thumpers are both wrong, I can accept that a lot sooner that saying the Bible allows it. Now I'm preaching, but it brings up another way of looking at it: letting the kid stay longer would give him longer to bask in the glow of my sunny disposition, and all that. Are you SURE that would be mutually enjoyable? I would think the kid would be itchin' to get out.
But seriously, I hate to sound unspecific or evasive, what I would do would be determined by the situation here, not there. Full disclosure, I've got quite a few kids, and I'm not really pleased with the direction of all of them. If they crossed a line (bad example) they would have to leave at that age. I wouldn't consider them dirt, just an interference in the kind of household I want to maintain. Another thing people don't think about is that leaving house A doesn't necessarily mean facing the cold world by yourself, there are arrangements to be made with the relatives; people I know well.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.

Benjamin Franklin

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

This post has been deleted by that idiot you see to the left.

[ June 17, 2013, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

rust,james has CONTROL ISSUES...that is so evident with his again inference to LIBERAL... which has really no place in this conversation..but he cant seperate it since his "conservative morality" seems to rule(control)all his decisions. if he is so much a "religious" person...the greatest liberal was jesus.....hehehehehehehehhe which bring me to a old chris christoferson song..that fits right in here:
Jesus was a Capricorn, he ate organic foods.
He believed in love and peace and never wore no shoes.
Long hair, beard and sandals and a funky bunch of friends.
Reckon they'd just nail him up if He come down again.

'Cos everybody's got to have somebody to look down on.
Who they can feel better than at anytime they please.
Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on.
If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me.

Get back, John!

Egg Head's cousin Red Neck's cussin' hippies for their hair.
Others laugh at straights who laugh at freaks who laugh at squares.
Some folks hate the whites who hate the blacks who hate the clan.
Most of us hate anything that we don't understand.

'Cos everybody's got to have somebody to look down on.
Who they can feel better than at anytime they please.
Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on.
If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me.

Help yourself, brother.
Help yourself, Gentlemen.
Help yourself Reverend.
and if you want to hear it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiAkCALqEbg
TO YOU JAMES..........truth is the key to heaven........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the guy knows what his parents are like, but flouts his preferences."

"The kid sounds like an ungrateful, vengeful, publicity seeker."

James, how did you discern this from the video? I guess I'm not as perceptive as you, because I totally missed that.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I thought he sounded like a snotty little kid pulling out his victim card... and those crocodile tears...

He didn't need to mention any of it. Looked and sounded like pay back to me. The kid is a good singer and should be judged by his actual talent and not the sob story that he belted out on stage.

We all have our crosses to bear. Some of the crap we each have gone through in our youth still affects us as adults.

Still, the kid can sing...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Exposed at last...
Joe, thanks for your keen insight and ability to look at what's really going on in the psychological realm. But truth be known, you're just scratching the surface. There are numerous issues, and they're HUGE I tell you. Why, added together, they're as big as a barn...or two. The biggest issue here is probably an inferiority complex, and therefor, a need for attention. Knowing that the favorite tactic of LIBERALS is to kill the messenger, I decided to stir the pot here, and hey, spectacular results! So many people focused on ME!!!! Yay!
Anyway, thanks again for bringing all this to the light of day, why gee, if left unchecked, I might start talking about KILLING PEOPLE...

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.

Benjamin Franklin

Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rusty! Thanks for asking about my Son... he's doing just Fine...I see him at least twice a week.. he's moved into their own Place now with his Girl Friend... Opps I guess he's going to Hell now... Honest to $#@# I can't believe what I have read.

One point that Preston said sort of hit a little nerve with me, he said that he loves America and Canada... because of freedom of speech... In Canada we do have Freedom of Speech... but It is against the Law to Spread Hate!!!! I'm so glad of that!!!

Have a nice Day Everyone!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Bruce.
Define "hate" Neil, a lot of so called hate is just disagreeing with the other side.
(No you don't have freedom of speech in Canada, not that there is much left here either).

[ June 17, 2013, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: David Wright ]

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Oliver
Visitor
Member # 2019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil,

I'm curious about the law against spreading hate. This sounds like a good idea at the outset but is it permissible to spread hate about things or people who deserve to be hated? Like Nazis?
If I started a movement in Canada that was overtly anti-Nazi, would I be subject to prosecution by the state?

--------------------
Brian Oliver
Paxton Signs
Fort Collins, CO
paxton@peakpeak.com
www.paxtonsignsofcolorado.com

Posts: 237 | From: ft. collins, colorado,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has a wonderful talent, if he focuses on that he should do well. [Smile]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Bruce.

Edited to add... I really don't care what his parents did. For that show all that really matters is what HE can do. And he does it very well, but I tend to lose interest in him because of his whining about his terrible life.

Beside that... I had 2 of the best parents in the world. even with all the crap I put them through, I know they loved me til they died... and I can't sing worth a damn.

[ June 17, 2013, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Don Hulsey ]

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

I guess it's a fine line isn't it, that's where Common Sense should take over...Yes I hate what the Nazi's did, I hate it when People condemn someone because of Race... and Attack People both Verbally and Physically... remember Lynching? I guess that's a good Definition of Hate... But you know , that young fellow was probably encouraged to talk about his situation, Remember this is TV.. and Ratings Rule....People love to Hate and also they they like to root for the underdog. And Like Forrest said... "Thats all I have to say about that!"

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

conservatives are good at killing.........but the NSA keep an eye on you now))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!