Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Moving On

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving On
Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 32 years in the same place, I am selling the property and moving the business to my home shop. The time has come to slow it down a bit, get rid of the tire kickers and price shoppers.

Maybe I will be able to find the time to do the kind of jobs I really enjoy.

Thirty-two years of "stuff" is not going to be moved easily. Some things that I have duplicates of have been sold but there is still the old Chicago brake and the 52" shear that are going to be major to move. I have an Envision 375 and Edge II for sale if anyone is interested, but they will be pickup only in El Dorado, ARK.
I try to bring a load home every day or so, sooner or later I'll get to the bottom of the pile.

'
'

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been down the same road, Roy..........and am very happy I did.

Like you, I had a bunch of "stuff" that I had "inherited", over the years....and at times, you could almost not see the floor, for the clutter.

Over time, I have managed to thin out things, including unneeded materials, unneeded customers, and unneeded pressures of the past.

I'm now quite content to be able to do the work I want to do, for whom I choose to do it for.....and you will too!! Good luck to ya!!!!!!!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first moved back home, it really scared me. I thought no one would bother to find me any longer.

But, I was pleasantly surprised to note that the jobs that I made the most on or even remained to care about still returned.

The hardest part having a storefront was the constant conversation with new customers. With that part gone, you'll really enjoy getting straight to the work instead. It's a very different but wonderful world!

Continue to treat them right and they will come from far and wide to use you wherever you are! Congrats on the move, Roy!

[ June 13, 2013, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Donna in BC ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I set out 24 years ago to not have a shop, but to work just out of my truck. No tire kickers and no fixed overhead expense of a building. I trade trucks often enough, that nothing really accumulates. My shop is my home garage with good paint storage and enough simple woodworking tools to get my jobs done. No storefront and no shoppers. I keep my total cost of doing business below 22%, including all my supplies. It must work, as I have enjoyed a stable 24 year run and have had plenty of time to pursue my other business and art interests.

Now for the bad news. I am about to move to Santa Fe and set up another gallery business, there. 30-40k a month overhead! That really makes little sense, but hey, it is the cost of selling my art. I am sitting on some 3/4 of a million in framed, ready to sell art that is already paid for. Oh well... Only live once.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now you got more time to spend at shoney's))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When our son started having kids, we decided they would never spend a day in daycare. So, for that, among other things, we sold our building in 2007 and moved back home, (I can't stand tire kickers either).I was apprehensive too. I wondered if some would think I just went away.
But not so much.

Nowadays, we are pretty busy, and our overhead is MUCH lower. I love to be out and about with the public. So, I go to the clients, and they like it that way. I'll never be wealthy, but if you saw me, you'd know I'm not starving to death. [Wink]

No panic Roy, just the next chapter. Enjoy it. [Smile]

[Cool]

[ June 13, 2013, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get old like you, Roy, I'll probably do that also.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray ... just think how much easier it will be to take naps when working from home!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already got the chase lounge chair waiting.

OP, our Shoneys folded here years ago. I guess it will have to be PJ's Coffee Shop.

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll get settled into the new lifestyle in no time Roy, and you'll wonder why you haven't done it sooner!

I really like working from home. My only downfall is that I wish I, er uh, we, had more space especially now that Joe and I have combined our lives. (and our stuff)

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!