Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » What a Great Meet!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What a Great Meet!
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun was had by all!

Video...

What a great meet!!!

watch the video...

https://vimeo.com/62627140#

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WoW!

Looks like I missed a goooood one!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si,
This one beautiful meet. 5% structured 95% casual fun. Sam and Terry were perfect hosts.
Mr. Chips filled in the gaps I had on his Carving techniques, Mark Fair demonstrated his Crackle and wood graining techniques, Craig Sjoquist gave us insights to his window splashes and Aaron Taylor tinkered around with glass beveling(one plink at the time) and gilding. Mike Meyer did what Mikey does. There was a terrific jam session featuring The Fairs, John Byrd, Aaron Taylor, Sheila and Douglas Hancock.
It was terrific to actually visit without the pressure of murals to complete.

[ March 26, 2013, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Bob Sauls ]

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DElightful! Alive and Well with a Bright Future...People loving what they do, together.

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the old Letterhead meets.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was way overdue for some time with my comrads in arms. I am a happy guy.

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great time, so glad we could be a part of it! Thanks Sam and Terry for being such great hosts. We took notes and hoping to have one at our place soon!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 575 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing Mark [Applause]
Really wish we could have been there
looks like it was a GREAT time.

[ March 27, 2013, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't been to a meet since 1999; and I'm very happy to have made this one. It will definitely will not be the last.

To be a part of a craft, where so much talent is in one place, at one time, is a tremendous blessing.....for all of us. And it was especially gratifying, to see some yourg folks there, eager to learn the profession.

Many thanks, Sam and Terry, for a great weekend; and to all those great folks I may have known here, for a good while; but finally had the privilege to meet in person.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a true pleasure to finally meet you Dale.
What a great fellow!

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is pictures I took https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=503119629735592&set=a.503119593068929.1073741825.156581951056030&type=1&theater

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man, you really covered it, Craig!! thanks!

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jody and I had a great time too. It was Jody's second meet. The first was in my shop 10 years ago. Even though he is not in the business he remembered a few faces from long ago, and met a lot of new people too.

As always it was great to get to see a lot of long time friends, and meet a few new ones as well.

I wish we could have spent more time at the meet, but a chance to play golf with my son is very special to me.

Great job Sam and Terry!!! Thanks!!!

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron Taylor
Visitor
Member # 9081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaron Taylor   Email Aaron Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good times, great people and paint flying everywhere! Sam and Terry were great host. Recovering from a letterhead hangover all week this week!

--------------------
Aaron Taylor
A Router Works
Pensacola, Fl

Posts: 69 | From: Pensacola, Fl | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys made my day! What a blast from the past. Don't ya'll ever age? Thanks to everyone that made this happen. Anyone happen to record Mark playing guitar and singing?

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Sanfilippo
Resident

Member # 425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Sanfilippo   Email Sam Sanfilippo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I have been slow in posting...Photobucket hasn't been cooperative this week so here's a link to the facebook shop page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skidmore-Signs/146173852143734?ref=hl

--------------------
Skidmore Sign Co.
3806 1st Avenue North
Birmingham AL 35222
205-251-6049

Skidmore Signs - Facebook

"Success always occurs in private, but failure in full view."

A proud Resident of this site. Join us here...http//www.letterhead.com/residents

Posts: 281 | From: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great time!!!!

I met some ol' friends and made a bunch of new ones.

I felt really great to see so much interest in learning to carve....maybe it's not dead after all. [Smile]

Huge Thank You to Sam, Terry and Lauren.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!