Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » The ultimate house sign

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The ultimate house sign
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In building our new house we set out a number of goals. The most obvious was to create a wonderful new living space of course. We carefully planned the house over more than a decade. It is going to be a very cool pace to live.

The house is also designed to draw attention to the things our company does. We built the house close to the road so it would be easily seen. Although still unfinished it already does that exceptionally well. People stop their cars often two or three at once and get out to take a look. We see them taking pictures of the house with amazing frequency. We also see them walking over to our sign and taking a picture of that too. We have already received tens of thousands of dollars of work from people who stopped, some of whom were visiting from out of province. It is working. The outside of the house has changed little since November... but good weather will be returning soon and we will then pick up where we left off.

-

Inside things are coming fast. The house is extremely green, with lots of insulation (six times more than a standard house) and super efficient heating and cooling. The inside also will showcase all of our skills and abilities. The router has run for countless hours creating the custom pieces that will be used throughout. The house is garnering a LOT of attention through the building industry. Contractors are taking note and we have sold a lot of signs because of this. It is working!

-
 -

We have created a HOUSE BLOG on our website to chronicle the progress on an almost daily basis. Many thousands of visitors follow the entries each month, and also take the time to check out the rest of our website. As a result we have gotten calls and sold imaginative work.

The house has already garnered a fair amount of media attention. When we get the call for an interview I happily talk about the house but purposefully steer the conversation to be all about the business and the things we do. It works!

As planned the house has become a giant (but completely legal in our zoning) sign for our business. Carefully and purposely marketed I believe the benefits have only begun to be realized. It won't be long until we get to move in too!

-grampa dan

[ March 01, 2013, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....so did you get a building permit or a sign permit?

Looks very nice. You are going to gold leaf that balcony ornament aren't you?

Can't wait to see the rest.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep expecting to see Gandalf peering out the window.

Looks great!

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really is taking shape and I love seeing your posts of the progress. One day this house will be turned into a museum of your work and will continue to inspire artists for decades. It definitely shows that you are living the dream.

You probably won't be able to sleep the first night you move in! I show alot of my friends and family your photos of your house and they are all amazed. The funniest comments are "You really know this guy?"LOL!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've totally amazed watching this take shape & knew that this open up the eyes of everybody & honored just to watch & dream thank you

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But...where is all the rust?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see an awful lot of straight lines, especially inside. That must really gnaw at you. And I also don't see any bad weather. There's not 2 feet of snow.... get to work.

BTW, looks great.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janis must have designed the hallway and since Dan doesn't drink, he can't make it look wiggly...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with the house, I can't wait to see how you furnish it. Maybe,,, Furniture or,, Other Furniture

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said it before and I'll say it again, we are so very lucky to have Dan show us all this work. I hate to think of all we would have missed if our own Grandpa Dan did not participate in the Letterheads.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people have a dream house. Dan just dreams a little differently!!! [Smile]

Beautiful!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!