Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT SUPPLIERS DIDN'T CARE ANYMORE......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT SUPPLIERS DIDN'T CARE ANYMORE......
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks

I just had to share a great experience I had with my supplier. Some of you know my Graphtec 5100 has been giving me fits for many months.

For years it cut like buttah. Once the rep set it up it just always worked. Lately, it has been producing terrible jagged cuts. I replaced the strip, bought OE blades, checked the settings to no avail. I talked so some here too. Thank you all. I was to the point of shipping it back to Graphtec for repair.

Yesterday I called Bryan from Advantage Sign Supply. We've had many discussions about this plotter. He said "I have an idea" He drove to my studio, 50 miles one way, and fixed the problem. It was a combination of settings and adjustments. Again, it cuts like buttah. [Smile] [Applause] I just weeded a 24x96 pasel of text in one fell swoop

I owe him lunch now, which I'll gladly do. I'm not a large volume vinyl buyer, but he treated me like I was. But I just wanted to share some good news for a change.

Thanks Bryan!

[Cool]

[ February 22, 2013, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advantage has always been one of the best suppliers out there. Their service is why I bought all of my Edges and plotters from them.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, Glenn. It's kinda nice being only an hour from their headquarters

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a simple solution to jagged edge cutting that we've helped people with, is to take the blade out of the blade holder and swish it out in iso alcohol, blow it dry and put a drop of wd40 or very light oil in the blade holder. Sometimes the bearings get a little sticky and the blade won't rotate smoothly.

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan's the man. Always takes care of me and comes to bat when I need help with something. If he can't handle it, one of the other Advantage crew will.

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1356 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have always been pleased with Advantage, their products and their customer service.
Glad to hear you got the problem fixed!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 574 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Payne:
a simple solution to jagged edge cutting that we've helped people with, is to take the blade out of the blade holder and swish it out in iso alcohol, blow it dry and put a drop of wd40 or very light oil in the blade holder. Sometimes the bearings get a little sticky and the blade won't rotate smoothly.

Thanks Pete!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!