Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » From high tech, to free

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From high tech, to free
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently was challenged to come up with a project for valentine's day.

I'm not a seasonal decorator by default. I just like stuff that works year round. I have enough in my house to clutter it up, never mind adding more, ya know?

-

valentine post

Nevertheless, I had to come up with something that would work for a special occasion. So I just cut out some cardboard, glued a bunch of stuff on it and called it done. And it was a hit!

It just makes me laugh. I have the best computer equipment and even a new plotter. Yet all that high tech stuff gets dusty while I set it down and earn via resorting to creating stuff with my surplus of free junk laying around.

-

ladder plant stand post

And so it goes with most everything in my house today. I find something and just make it work. It's an unintentional challenge I put on myself to show how creative one can be without spending a dime. A sickness really. But a fun one. [Smile] The challenge motivates me enough to have me bolt out of bed each morning wonder what I can invent next.

Never underestimate something of no worth or a crazy idea. It just may take!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna ... it is a Gift!

Most of us see it as junk ... but you see it as a possible work of art!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, I have always liked the ladder ideas I've seen. You have a lovely one there and have a gift of design! How do you keep cats off of something like that? Maybe I could glue or bolt things down?

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! [Smile]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!