Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » how-to: dimension mdo sign video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how-to: dimension mdo sign video
Ron Percell
Merchant

Member # 399

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ron Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's how-to dimension mdo sign video I made in time lapse video for our Letterhead Sign Supply how-to section of our website.

how to make a dimensional mdo sign

It's a simple sign for a local farmer. The first call was for a bill board, but when the owner came in, he said he want 3-d with gold leaf that he'd seen in our shop over the years. So we came up with a way to keep the cost down and give him a little of he wanted.

Samples of Gold Leaf on the wall sell work.

Hope you Enjoy!

--------------------
Ron Percell
Percell Signs
707-769-0639
Petaluma, California

Letterhead Sign Supply

Home of the MicroMeet!
Percell Signs Web Site
About the Author
Ron Percell

Posts: 913 | From: Petaluma,California,U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron ... great Video!

PS ... Where can I get a sabre saw that cuts MDO that Fast?

[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look'n good Ron...

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all schould do videos like that!!!!

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron, I enjoyed your video. You and Kristi both have been very helpful to me on the phone. Thanks.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Douglas Hancock
Visitor
Member # 29758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Douglas Hancock   Email Douglas Hancock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video Ron. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Douglas Hancock
Sign Pro of North Florida, Inc,
P.O. Box 1315
Alachua, Fl 32616
352-359-7059

Posts: 17 | From: Alachua, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wonderful video!!!
I got to see Ron working right handed.
What is the music??? The coffee song was perfect with the high speed, and the note i under the pumpkin was the best part! It will last far longer than the rest of the sign.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All these years, and I still can't letter near that fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great video, Ron!!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I enjoyed watching that.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron,

That is, simply, outstanding!...Fantastic video...a "little slow" ( just kidding ), but great show. Ron, you can take that show to Vegas any day of the week and twice on Sunday and I guarantee you that you will be the headliner.

That is the kind of work we, mostly, did for Six Flags, on a daily basis, back in the days...Again, FRIKIN OUTSANDING !!

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Very Enjoyable... Thanks!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Percell
Merchant

Member # 399

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ron Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you liked it. As far as speed goes, it was about 6 hours of video and it's hard enough to get folks to watch 26 minutes.

The kids coming in now want to see that old school and so do my clients.

Rick the music is by josh woodward, and I do letter and pinstripe right and left handed.

Growing up with a father that letters left handed when your Right handed you learn the strokes backwards, then it just take a broken hand and the need to buy diapers for you kids and you learn to be Left handed real fast.

Kelly, Jess's video was cool to see also,
Help portrait & Jess in Moose Jaw I encourage you to check it out if you havent seen it yet.

Happy Holidays!
Ron

[ December 10, 2012, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Ron Percell ]

--------------------
Ron Percell
Percell Signs
707-769-0639
Petaluma, California

Letterhead Sign Supply

Home of the MicroMeet!
Percell Signs Web Site
About the Author
Ron Percell

Posts: 913 | From: Petaluma,California,U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabulous video! Love the sign design, the music and certainly your editing it down so quickly.

In actual time, how long did it really take you? I guess 20 hours?

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video! I showed it to my daughter and she enjoyed it as well, which is impressive since she is a full blown teenager now! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Oliver
Visitor
Member # 2019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Oliver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ron,

Thanks for making this video. Very interesting to see your process and compare it to my way of doing things. Many similarities, of course, but some things about your gilding confused me. One: what quality leaf did you use? Two: why did you overcoat it and what did you use for that? (I never overcoat gold leaf as I am of the opinion that it is unnecessary.)

Thanks again for your effort and *nice* showroom!

--------------------
Brian Oliver
Paxton Signs
Fort Collins, CO
paxton@peakpeak.com
www.paxtonsignsofcolorado.com

Posts: 237 | From: ft. collins, colorado,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!