Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » LEGALIZED POT WASHINTON AND COLORADO (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LEGALIZED POT WASHINTON AND COLORADO
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My take, which you can combine with however many dollars and buy some legally in a couple states is...

It doesn’t really matter to me what laws like this are passed. Just because something is legal, available, or legal and available, doesn’t mean I have any interest in trying it out. I’ve never had a puff on any kind of cigarette and I never will. I’m not going to get drunk. I’m not going to cheat on my wife. I strive to drive the speed limit. That’s just the way I choose to live my life. It works well for me and I’m happy that way. I can’t and won’t try to force someone into my lifestyle.

We all have choices to make. Some choose differently. When we make a choice, whether we like it or not, we are also choosing to receive the results of our choices and some choices can have long term health and legal ramifications. For those adults who choose to partake, as far as I’m concerned, it’s all up to them.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My food for thought, I buy nothing which I can grow. A simple strain I've grown this past season and will be cured by my birthday, the aroma is that of Blackberry with a hint of citrus. Blackberry Kush is quickly becoming an extremely popular strain for patients and caregivers

-

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Outstanding answer !!....My hat off to you !

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I agree wholeheartedly and applaud you for your beliefs. Yet my main concern at this time of my life is to remain painless as well as remain unattached to any drug which promotes addiction such as any man made drug, alcohol included. I have older friends who rib me for my taste in pain relief yet have no qualm of themselves taking any amount of medications prescribed by their doctors. Like Bill DeBekker I too relax and sleep a full night with the use of marijuana as well as knowing I'm not going to die in my sleep from its use as medications have been prone to do in many cases. I'm not going to preach of what others should do as their health hasn't anything to do with me unless they ask, but will say this, I will give my knowledge to anyone who asks just like I've done in regards to paint throughout the years here in Letterville, my website and on the phone. I believe that education is the key and will be very helpful when the time comes.

Adios my friend...

--------------------

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can tell you this........THE DREAMS i have when iam stoned are a lot better then the DREAMS i have when i take HYDROCODONE!!!!!
that is one of the worst side effects of hydrocdone!!!!
sometimes i wake from those dreams wonder how could i ever think stuff like that))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rusty, thanks for the link to Pachelbel's canon in D Major. A wonder piece to listen to, stoned or not.

[ November 13, 2012, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joey, when you say you do two tablespoons per day, how do you take your oil -- straight up, on the rocks, over buckwheat cakes, baked into cookies, or mainlining?

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Dennis, For some reason I've always liked the taste of oils, from mineral oil, cod liver oil and any fish oil, I even break open the Vitamin E capsules and chew. Straight up is my cup'a tea. I truly believe you'll find your skin much smoother after the first month. It worked on my elbows within 10 days...

--------------------

W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People with closed minds will never know what they missed.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dave.......when stoned PINK FLOYD DARK SIDE OF THE MOON)))))))))))))))))))))
especially this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1f6LUc1eE

[ November 14, 2012, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post 
Dennis, try carbamide cream for your skin problems, only thing that works for mine

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
How do communist countries deal with pot use?

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Why? And if we did, why does Afghanistan grow the herb and our military is forbidden to interfere. why do some continue to live on lies while others live on truth.

Who is minus, who is plus? Education is the key to a successful life.

Do you know the difference between Marijuana and Hemp?

--------------------

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys don't give up......Here it is:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEMP AND MARIJUANA?

Marijuana and hemp are different varieties of the same species of plant, Cannabis sativa L. There are different varieties of Cannabis, just as Chihuahuas and wolves are different breeds of Canis lupus. They are scientifically different and cultivated in different ways.

Marijuana is the flowering tops and leaves of psychoactive varieties of Cannabis that are grown for their high THC content.

It is used legally in some states, excluding Wisconsin, for medical reasons, and is used for recreational purposes as an illegal drug.

Unlike hemp, marijuana has a high THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol) content and a low CBD (cannabidiol) content. CBD blocks the psychoactive effect of THC in the nervous system. That means in all plants in the Cannabis family, there is a chemical that will induce a psychoactive effect and another that will block it. The illegal drug is cultivated to have a THC content of anywhere from 3 percent to 22 percent. The ratio of CBD to THC is less than one.

Hemp, or industrial hemp, is a cultivated, low-THC variety of Cannabis. It is grown for its seeds, oil and fiber.

Industrial hemp has a low THC content compared to its CBD content. THC is typically less than 1 percent. Certified varieties in Canada and Europe are bred with the THC level purposefully decreased to less than .3 percent, the same THC level under recommendation if hemp farming is legalized in Wisconsin.

Ditch weed is hemp found growing in the wild, usually near places where it was once cultivated. It has a low THC level.

Sources: www.votehemp.com and "Hemp and Marijuana: Myths and Realities" By David West, Ph.D, for the North American Industrial Hemp Council

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1181 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Ricardo, I am very familiar with Hemp as well as an advocate for its legalization. BTW, the fields in Afghanistan are of the high THC level and are used for the manufacture of Hashish. This I know for certain. On the other hand as I said, I am an advocate for the legalization of Hemp and the stoppage of killing our forests as we need them. A Hemp plant is 120 days from seed to harvest which can be used the same way as a tree plus much more, a tree takes as little as 20 years to harvest. The legalization of Hemp can save our country but the cutting down of trees cannot save diddley. Greed is what put Hemp on the list and DuPont was the culprit, Henry Ford at the time didn't have the power to stop him and the rest is history. If you get a chance and have Netflix, check out the documentary " Hempsters " filmed in 2009

[ November 15, 2012, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Joey Madden ]

--------------------

Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The documentary 'GRASS' was on t.v. last night, it was great to watch, especially the old propaganda footage used to convince people of the dangers, funnier stuff than most comedies. Look it up if you get a chance. Great graphics too!
www.imdb.com/title/tt0214730

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little story:
Some friends of mine decided after graduating high school they would drive to California - they made it as far as Kansas and decided to pull over and camp for the night. When they woke up the next morning, they found they were camping next to a field of hemp. Not knowing the difference, they thought they had hit the mother lode and tossed all their sleeping bags, luggage, coolers, tents and filled the trunk to the brim with marijuana, turned around and drove straight back to South Carolina. They called all their friends to come over and partake of their new bounty, but after about an hour of continuous puffing, nobody had a buzz and reality slowly began to rear its ugly head......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i was a kid growing up, our county had a very crooked sheriff who turned out to be a pot kingpin- he knew everybody that was growing, and would let them do all the work including the harvesting- then he would come in, seize the harvest, arrest the growers, send the bulk of it to be processed to sell, and a small part was taken in for "evidence"- he had several abandoned chicken farms that had been covertly converted over to dry, process and package the crop. I remember one time he brought a ton (literally) of pot plants in on a raid- then made a big bonfire out in front of the courthouse- people came from miles! He later did prison time for trying to sell a large crop to a DEA agent, as they were walking into the county courthouse...

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What did DuPont have to do with growing hemp?

Apparently, you can produce high-quality bond paper from hemp. Maybe that wd be the answer to the spiraling costs of paper (along with increasing bulk mail rates for the five lbs of junk mail delivered to me every day).

[ November 17, 2012, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Dennis Kiernan ]

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Dennis
In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

THE CONSPIRACY

Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

Check out this link: http://www.world-mysteries.com/marijuana1.htm

--------------------

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

WOW !!!....This one beats the video of Paul Harvey !!!

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't smoke it,

but sit in my hemp made chair with my hemp body lotion, taking my vitamins with hemp, have hemp sandals and clothes, next to a house that has some hemp products in it. I've used all of those products, Joey has on the picture, but I don't smoke it I want my lungs to work, especially after all those years of paint fumes got me down for a long time.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when we all had this sort of passion for a movement called Letterheads. Remember?

That said, this thread was of special interest to me. I've been taking uo to 25 different pills a day since 1993. At one point, my Doc gave me 200 percs at a time. Add warafarin, prozac, oxycocet, dioxgen and a bunch of other stuff. Makes you wonder what happens when they all mix together.

What sort of bothers me is all this stuff is all very legal medicine. That's not all. If I do need a little something to relax, I can go buy all the alcohol I want. Cigarettes also remain legal.

After extensive research online, I am so far unable to find anyone who has ever died or even Od'ed using pot. Depite being around some 50 years, I can't find anyone who got cancer from smoking pot. Those that use it as a medicine usually recommend a vaporizer instead of smoking.

If there is something that helps people feel better without all the side effects of today's powerful painkillers, I can see no reason why someone who already knows the dangers of alcohol firsthand can go to jail for having a puff or two instead of a sip of wine.

You guys are Family. I was very pleased to see a discussion where we all treated each other with respect for different opinions. Wayne said it best. Education and moderation is the key.

It's time to move on. I could create a Potville site, but I'm still convinced there are some of us that are still addicted to Letterheads and sharing our knowledge and experiences. [Smile]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!