Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » In Arcola

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In Arcola
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, maybe I got here a day too early.
The city administrator/Home-Town Dog just gave me my drop shipped brush order and drove me around the mural zone in a Squad car.

All wall sites look exceptional this is a very nice town. He told me the names of each of the Team leaders as he pointed out the walls. Oh,that's the Sonny Franks wall over there, and this one is the Michael Clark wall.

Come on guys get your brush slingin' butts in gear!!!!

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold down the fort - we're ON OUR WAY.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, this just in. turned down Cornmeal to join him for the TV gig this afternoon over in Champaign. Stayed with Nancy and we rode out to Amish country. We lunched at the Yoder County Kitchen. food was excellent. on the tables they had two jars: Fresh Apple Butter, Amish Peanut Butter. I tried both. I had never actually had apple butter before, but it was not because I had never had the chance. I had never cared for how it looked. to my delight this was like fine apple sauce in texture and had a delightful cinnamin zip.
The amish peanut butter was also a treat. I would have to say it was made half way of honey, we really could have used one of those wooden honey dripper things in it. yet it was kinda whipped in texture.
The road just west of the Arcola city limits is amazingly beautiful. Horse carriages in front of the Dollar General Store hitching post and all. We were careful not to take photos of the folks as they don't like the whole images thing. I do think they saw me take a shot of the horse and carriage. they did not look pleased but that could have been the typical teenaged girl....Take a picture it will last longer thing. I am not real sure that the Amish folk will come and rub shoulders with us in town but if we venture out to their area, we will want to be on very respectful behavior. This is a very special place.

More to come as it occurs. Oh, The towns volunteers are making progress attaching the poly-metal panels to the buildings.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulling into Macon, Georgia few minutes then onto Alanta>>Nashville > Memphis couple stops in between those last 2 course then Mattoon>> Arcola this is live from the bus on the road..lol

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Just met Mayor Ferguson. He was watching the towns advance crew as they were finishing the installation of the mural panels, all looked well. He said that he has a sister who lives in Woodville, Fl.
For the uninitiated that is a mere 5 miles south of my home Tallahassee, Fl. Small world.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!