Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » My first ground sign

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My first ground sign
Chris D Sullivan
Visitor
Member # 12713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris D Sullivan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris D Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pitched this idea to my Lawyer after hearing his sign problems, it's my first ground sign start to finsh, I learned a ton from dealing with the town permit office and about every substrate out there. I farmed out the carving to Mark and Wendy Casey (I'll carve the next one myself) hired my brother in-law to dig the holes and help install the posts.

It's all 1-shot paint with 23k leaf. Main sign board is MDO, letters are HDU,the trim is all recycled hardwood and the post caps I made from scrap HDU.

-

There is space that the bottom for one more Lawyer as there is an empty office in the building.

Blog post if image link is down

Oh and the temps dipped down to -12*C for the day of the install!

[ February 12, 2012, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Chris D Sullivan ]

--------------------
Chris D Sullivan
Whitby, ON

I Like That!

Posts: 27 | From: Whitby, ON | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Chris - I'm sure this will open the door to more......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice work Chris, winter finally arrived here this weekend, and we're sending it on in your direction, youre welcome:)

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking sign Chris.

I'm sure more jobs will follow.

Good luck.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris D Sullivan
Visitor
Member # 12713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris D Sullivan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris D Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the comments.

--------------------
Chris D Sullivan
Whitby, ON

I Like That!

Posts: 27 | From: Whitby, ON | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again Chris, first ground sign, does that mean you are new to the business? I've been at this for 30 years and I think I've made every possible mistake, so if you need any help give us a call, you might just save yourself from repeating some of the stuff I've done wrong!

--------------------
Pete Payne
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris D Sullivan
Visitor
Member # 12713

Pete thanks again, the first sign I ever painted was about 16 years ago and it was such a horrible experience I went and did other things for a while.
Until I fixing a couple signs at my 9-5, I forgot how much I enjoy the work as it's multi skilled. I wanted to learn something traditional so I took a pinstriping class at the local collage and really dig lettering and started on the long road of self-tough brush work, with lots of pointers from the Ontrario Pinstripers at local shows and the Detroit Autorama charity event, i'v been picking up what I can, the community is just awesome with many good people.
You have been mentioned as a good resource but I have not ventured in your direction yet, but did sign up on your site.
I'm starting out slow, for now.
Thx

--------------------
Chris D Sullivan
Whitby, ON

I Like That!

Pete Payne

Member # 344

Mybe I'll find you at a car show, you really should check out the Fleetwood Country Cruise in at the Plunkett estate near London, if you go let me know, I'm about an hour away.http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/

--------------------
Pete Payne
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Chris D Sullivan
Visitor
Member # 12713

Pete I was in the Fleetwood show two years ago it's an amazing show and I love his collection.
That year was a two for one, I picked up an old Ford cowl in Mitchell after the show that year, not far from you..

--------------------
Chris D Sullivan
Whitby, ON

I Like That!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!