Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » rapid remover

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rapid remover
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All these years I cannot count how many "citrusy" solutions have come out and claimed to do the magical removal, all with fail.

I have used countless solutions all claiming to be the BEST! I went yesterday to letter 2 semis. One had a sticker covering the whole door and under it was adhesive from 2 other decals, along with the sticky remains of several dot stickers

I spent 20 minutes cleaning both doors and hood. The company was shocked! They said they had been trying for months. My rapid remover is in a non labeled squirtbottle and I tell no one nothing, call me selfish!

This stuff rocks, its nasty! but it rocks! thnak you Roger

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger bailey   Author's Homepage   Email roger bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your welcome Bruce,I think? I mean, how will I ever make enough money to pay off my debts. If you don't start telling people about Rapid products?.

He he he

Roger
P.s. We are ending our 12 month motorhome tour this month, the new sales look to be over 18percent for2011 and we are breaking records already for2012. We are tired,we canvased sales in 20 states, and had time to vacation as well,what a trip it has been!

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Posts: 3020 | From: Merlin Oregon | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bart McCune
Visitor
Member # 21369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bart McCune   Author's Homepage   Email Bart McCune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had so many people ask me what I use when removing but I usually say,"a citrus based remover". I've taken factory emblems and vinyl off with rapid remover off of 20 year old cars without a trace of adhesive left. Now if someone could come up with a magical chemical to get rid of ghosting...

--------------------
Bart McCune
Madness Pinstriping
Westminster Colorado

Posts: 58 | From: Westminster, Colorado | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always gotten great results from all the RapidTac products, but I didn't know why until I met the man who makes it - Roger's been in the trenches with us and genuinely cares about what he sells and the people who buy it.

Even his promo hats and t-shirts are top-notch......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the old commercial said..."Never leave home without it".

I never left to a job without the full range of "Rapid" products.

Many independent truckers were happy that I could assure them that I could do the job, including removal of old lettering, better than their wives with a scraper and a Brillo pad!!!

Roger helped me to be able to retire!

Luv ya Roger!

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8878 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great products. I keep two sets of everything - one for the shop and one in the kit that goes out on jobs.

Why I even rub the stuff on my arthritis! [Smile]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger bailey   Author's Homepage   Email roger bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks folks ! It truly makes me feel great when I know someone is really happy with these products.
I use them myself around the house and shop and I always know they will perform for me.

I think a lot of other products today are built on the " profit & reverse " senerio, the quality of the components are determined by how much profit a company thinks they can make.

My policy has always been to make them as good as possible then price it appropriatly, if the product is worth the cost then it will sell.

And that opens doors for other products built as good as possible, more manufacturers should try this method of business.

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Posts: 3020 | From: Merlin Oregon | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once used Rapid Remover to get this thick gresse off my little dog's back. She had been rubbing herself underneath a semi-truck. Her back was coverd with thick black gresse. I rubbed Rapid tack on her back into the gresse, rinsed with water, then finished off the rest with shampoo.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3816 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
years ago a trucker come in with his beautiful candy red tractor., He wanted it re lettered and I quoted him $50 to peal and clean it.

Of course he said he would peal it himself. He brought it later and that beautiful candy red paint had blade marks, nicks and gouges from his blade. Can you cover those marks with the new letters?

But, of course the residue was still there. So, out comes the rapid remover. He just about had a grand mall hissy fit on the spot as I wiped off the snot. I was about sure there was goona be a fight.

"I about ruined my paint job and all you had to do is spray it? And now yer goona charge me $50, he raged???

Yes.. Clean charge is always $50.

"You at least have to give me some of that juice", he states. . Sure. $20 for the sample size spritzer. It was a good day to be smug.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger, wd I be able to find your products in one of my local stores in San Francisco?

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dennis ... all sign supply store will have them!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rgoer
I love your products, our full service sign supplier in this area www.nepcosignsupply.com does not carry your products in our area. Help us out here.

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Hey Len, ( like Curtis) maybe it's time for me to get smug with them!
I will send them your post reply here and tell them you and others are going somewhere else to find Rapid products,
With your permission of course?
We do have 90 percent of all the suppliers covered .

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will Rapid Remover clean silicone that has been used as adhesive on painted pieces?

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We keep a gallon of each Rapid product in the Paint Dept. of the TV show , The Killing, that I work on,
we can handle any situation that comes up.

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rapid Remover also works well on road tar and all the grease that accumulates on the back of semi tractor sleepers. It works in the ultrasonic brush cleaner and will clean off HOK lettering and striping enamel before it cures.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

I'm really not sure Marty, have never tried that.
Let us all know if it works!

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger, smug is good,go for it.

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rapid Remover works very well. Smells like something used in chemical warfare though - any chance of completely masking the odor with the infamous 'vanilla?'

Also curious: I had a gallon sitting on my garage shelf and it developed a 'ring' of solution around the bottom. I could see no evidence of a crack where it might be leaking, but the 'jug' became distorted a little. Does the 'solution' eventually attack it's container after a while? And can it permeate it as well? It was the weirdest thing....I'd wipe the container and the shelf, and it would reappear again within a day or two. Maybe I didn't use it quick enough. Good stuff though - kinda messy - but it does cut the adhesive in a jiffy.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Hi Todd, well,first off, we do use a chemical mask in Remover (it's ungodly without it) but can,t use more then we do.
Secondly, how in the heck old is your bottle sitting on the shelf?
We keep samples from batch lots over a year with no visible effects like you describe.Now some samples stick around as long as a few years, and yes we see permeation and a slight loss of volume,maybe 0.5 percent after a couple years,no staining though.
Just look at it as the bottle is more then half full, and have a wonderful day.
He he he
Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a "vinyl jockey", I used to buy Rapid Remover and Rapid Tac by the gallon and never had a "leaking" problem. But a gallon of each only lasted for a month or so!!!

I, personally, made Roger as rich as he is!!! [Rolling On The Floor]

(But his products also helped me to make a few bux easier too!!!)

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8878 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger, I use RapidTac all the time and Rapid Remover is unbelieveable! I have seen it dissolve road oil on the doors of trucks while I was removing old vinyl lettering. Can you add a little Peach scent to the orange scent so it will smell like a fuzzy navel? Ha Ha!

I also think you should put some peppermint scent in the RapidTac around the Christmas holiday for fun! I love the vanilla scent, but what's wrong with a little variety?

Oh and I love my RapidTac T-shirt and hat by the way!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kills bugs real fast too.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger,

You can add my post for Nepco, I DO go somewhere else to buy your products [Smile] I've tried their brand in a pinch but it does NOT compare.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

You got it Bob, and thanks much!

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

You got it Bob, and thanks much!

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rapid Remover and silicone....Marty, last week we had to remove 1 week old GE Silicone 1 from latex painted wood doors. We had razor bladed off the thickness and then tried Rapid Remover to get the thin residue left on the door. It didn't help (even though we love the product for removing adhesives). I will also point out the Rapid Remover didn't do any damage to the door. We ended up using a gel like substance from DAP that is sold as silicone remover. You leave it on the silicone for two hours then wipe it off. It took off most of the remaining silicome but left a filmy residue on the door. A swipe with Goo Gone got rid of the film but left very small white marks along the perimeter of the silicone bead. Client said he would touch those up with the paint (they still have some).

Roger's products are great and Rapid Remover is the best of the best.

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Big thanks to you Chuck, and thanks also for the info. On silicon removal,now I know!

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Bob Moroney
Resident

Member # 9498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Moroney   Email Bob Moroney       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger, you can add my name to NEPCO. They told me they didn't want to have to buy a full pallett load at a time. After taking with you I told them they could buy smaller quantities. They still don't carry it.

Can't understand why any legitimate sign supply company wouldn't carry it. Same way I can't understand why some sign guys continue to use " a few drops of dish soap" instead of Rapid Tac II.

I always use the best products to provide the customer the best job and make my life easier at the same time.

Give-em hell at NEPCO

--------------------
Bob Moroney
The Sign Guy
310 Club Valley Drive
Falmouth, MA 02536
508-259-6297

Posts: 216 | From: Falmouth, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Roger
I have some acrylic panels with the paper protection overlay that has been around for a while making it almost impossible to remove the liner, comes off in many tiny pieces, time consuming.

I have tried many solvents and removers to no avail. I had a sample bottle of your Rapid Remover on the shelf (Not from NEPCO) sprayed it on the protective paper liner waited a few minutes and pealed it off in one piece!

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately for Len ... one morning, when half awake, he used Rapid Remover by mistake ... instead of shampoo in the shower!

[I Don t Know]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

So that explains it Si! All along I just thought that grass does not grow on a busy street.

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382

roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Well guys, Nepco used to carry our products but now carry competitive brand.

Sooo, here's 3 other choices near you.

Fellers supply Woburn Ma. 800-654-8405

New England sign supply Woburn, 800-792-5426

Supplies Unlimited, Wakefield, Ma 800-323-7704

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

I'll go with NES !

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382

roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Sorry Len, I try to get the products in all the suppliers stores, but some won't cooperate!

Fortunately we have most.

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Sorry Len, I try to get the products in all the suppliers stores, but some won't cooperate!

Fortunately we have most.

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!