Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Home sweet home!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Home sweet home!
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After six months of being on a customer's job site most days and many distant trips to teach I am really back in the studio at last. I enjoyed the excitement of our large project and always enjoy a trip but it also feels so very good to actually be home once more.

There were lots of emails to answer, things to put away and phone calls to return of course. But after a few days of getting organized it was time to kick off my shoes, put my feet on the hot air register under my desk and then get down to designing and creating new magic at last.

-

It sure feels good to be really home!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Kirk at the controls!

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Command Center! Is that a *Dell* I see under the desk? You should put that under your feet - I'm sure it gets really warm and probably vibrates a lot. hehehe <grin>

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you concentrate with that distraction outside???

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The view out my window is spectacular, always changing and always inspiring...

-

-

-

-

The studio windows are oriented to take full advantage of the view. To say I love it would be an understatement!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to cap it all off, just outside my window are all the miniature horses. We host Pipsqueak Paddocks Miniature Horse Rescue Society on our property. Each day I witness true miracles as the horses often come in broken, starved or mistreated, but through loving care they recover and learn to dance once more. In the last four years more than 90 little horses have passed through our property, and then adopted out to loving families.

-

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are the size of horse Raymond rides down here in Texas.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it was coming Harding.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These horses were actually rescued from Raymond [Wink]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home!

Nice view! Nice new toys! Nice big honkin' lotsa room metal desk!

-

But I still have something you don't have. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Friends share Donna!!!

Did I mention how much I like those kinds of cookies???

And I'm home tomorrow.....

[Smile] [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan..I am envious...You have a great setup and a great view!!!!

All I have is 2 17" laptops, a scanner and printer.

No comfy foot warming heater.

And the view from here is kinda OK though, if you like palms and cactus plants and a bit of sand beach and warm waters in December!!! LOL

(Love our views here Dan, but you know I grew up in your area and always miss the mountain views..especially Mt.Cheam)

Edited to add...I know what a good thing you guys do with the miniature horses!!! Keep up that good work!!!

[ December 12, 2011, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's going to be hard to match! wowie.

Dan, I remember you had the miniature horses but I didn't realize you had the rescue, now I just have a new respect for you, totally my kind of person!!

my dad used to live in the Florida Keys and always loved boats and the ocean; he was an genius kind of guy like you; he had his front of his trailer home built like the front of a ship with panel and steering in the front with a huge window that overlooked the Gulf of Mexico, and then he always used to sing, "I'm Popeye the sailor man!" so now you know a little bit more about me!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, good to see you back in the saddle again...And folks, off to his right he has a small balcony which also looks out to the same view as his office windows, so when needing a fresh air break it truely is not far away...The fall colours are pretty gorgeous.

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a beautiful view wow

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Nine years ago when I designed my studio, the plan had it facing down our long driveway. The logic was I could then watch for cars coming up the driveway. It made sense.

Janis looked at the plans and shook her head. She knew better. She asked me to fetch a stepladder, take it out to the field where we would be building our shop. She asked me to climb it until I had the perfect view and then note which direction I was facing. I did so.

We then re-thought the orientation of the studio portion of the shop, and the height at which the floor of my studio should be. The answer was to face it east and raise the floor five feet off the existing grade.

As a result this is the view I get to enjoy each day, easily seeing over the hazel nut orchard next door.

Janis is a very smart lady!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love mountains but I see those and wonder if you are in an earthquake zone and then it hit me.... where all those squiggly lines come from.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan...that view is simply spectacular...thanks for sharing...out of curiosity have you been to the top of the mountain for a view...bet that would be an exhilerating experience.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to British Colombia a Few Times, my Poor Brother lived close by to where Dan lives, he lived in Chilliwack. I fell in Love with BC, The towering trees and Mountains makes one feel secure, insulated somehow... it's just a special place, like Newfoundland.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Dan lives in a spectacular place. When I was there I couldn't take my eyes off the mountains and the beautiful trees. Nothing like that in my back yard.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope the snow is all gone by next spring before the Sign Magic Workshop! It will be won't it Dan?.....?

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

We don't have any snow here and probably won't get a significant amount anytime soon. It did snow last year and I plowed the driveway twice - not because the snow was deep but more because I have a tractor I seldom get to use and the little white stuff we got was a wonderful excuse. If I hadn't plowed the driveway it would have been bare the next day anyway.

Just to be sure it doesn't snow I bought a some insulated coveralls today. I don't own a winter coat nor boots and don't plan on getting any either. The odd time it does snow I get rather chilled as I plow the driveway, the sidewalks of Yarrow and the driveways of our neighbors too just for good measure. Did I mention I love to run the tractor? [Smile]

--grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insulated coveralls = COAT WTH LEGS ATTACHED.

Did they come with matching beach wear gloves too? [Big Grin]

[ December 15, 2011, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Donna in BC ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the first time I came to visit you, I got it all wrong thinking the weather would be abit like over here in october, was very warm travelling from the airport.

You live in a very beautiful part of the world, I loved going up the Fraser valley, and trips over Vedder, and the other place where there is a big lake begins with H I think, where all the sand sculptures where done. Visiting the Hammers was another time I wish I had had my camera, some great and interesting characters around you, say hi to Gord.

Its snowing here tonight, judging by what I saw and some of the stuff I bought at Marks in Chilliwack, people do wear coats and boots.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!