Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » not cutting full lengthI

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not cutting full lengthI
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my machine set at 15 wide and 26 long. The cutter will cut almost all then stop and go to the beginning and cut the last 2 letters over top my first 2 letters.Can you help me please?

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy, I'm sure that the first thing people will ask is what make and model of cutter and what cutting program?

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roland PNC 1000 and you helped me set it up to cut with Corel.

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Dave I am using Sign Lab to do the layout and cut.

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy, I assume that is inches...
The PNC1000 has a default largest plot area in one go, of about 465mm x 1530mm, or close to 18" x 5 ft.

Set up a 'template' of that default size, and just fit what you want inside that area, or manually tile it over two pages of that size, and manually send one to plot, then the second.

The only reason I can think that it is finishingh the job over the top of the beginning is that it thinks it has fresh material there, and that it is restricted in size.
Or the driver needs reloading.

Try and just plot all but the last two letters, then, and do the last two separately, if that helps you in your predicament, in case you can't manage what I explained at the top.

I have never used Signlab, but have a PNC1000 & a PNC 1000A, but also the ONLY driver that works for them is the Roland driver for the 1000A.
The driver for the PNC1000 is useless. I'd suggest loading the driver for the 1000A.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy...I have never used Signlab either, but like Ian, I would set the length of cut to about 62.5" and then set the width to about 13.5" if using 15" rolls or 18.5" if using 20" rolls.

Then fit your layout within those parameters. No need to restrict length of cut to 26".

I am also thinking this is a new occurance???

Maybe some setting got changed inadvertantly?

--------------------
Dave Grundy
1-519-262-3651 Canada

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

My perimeter is set to those measurments and normally it was cutting great in three different programs.I will check for any changes that may have been made by mistake.Tanks to all.RJ. Signs

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Thank You for your help but the cutter asembly broke and now I have none.If anyone in the Hamilton Ontario area i looking for a PNC parts maching all it will take i $50.00 dollars.I also have extra blad if someone needs it $15.00 45%.My email is rj.signs@cogeco.ca or call 905-560-0391

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Randy....That PNC 1000 you have is kinda (really) old. Is it really worth trying to revive?

Have you checked out buying a new cutter? Even the simple fact of having a 24" cutter is a better option.

Just make sure to stick to name brands.

$2000 should buy a brand new cutter?

Not trying to be a smartass, just suggesting what I would do if I had a dead cutter sitting idle.

(edited to say) Sorry, I mis-read your last post. Sounds like you are going to get a newer cutter and just offering your's as a parts machine. If that is correct....Good plan!

[ November 07, 2011, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
1-519-262-3651 Canada

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy, If you just set it up signlab you will need to change your roll length under plotter setup. Sometimes signlab makes the roll too short or if your using a Auto sensor off the plotter..

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!