Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Mother Nature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mother Nature
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother Nature is messing with us here in New Hampshire.....I blew out our sprinkler system in a snowstorm...today! As of 9:15 PM we had about 6 inches of nice wet heavy snow!

Hope the weather is nicer than it is here where you are!!

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was 83°F 928°C) here today!

[Eek!] [Thanks]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somebody slap Si up side the head...........

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
40s at night here and 60 in the day, Im not so impressed. I do not do colder weather. we go from summer to winter here

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read that this is the earliest snowfall in the NE since the Civil War.

I blame Global Warming....er....Climate Change.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bruce ward:
40s at night here and 60 in the day, Im not so impressed. I do not do colder weather. we go from summer to winter here

Same here, fall is usually non existant in these parts. Cold weather sucks and snow is for little kids.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last winter, we went from summer to winter Sucko!!

This year, it's been mahl-velous. For the 5 weeks or so, it's been 45-50 overnite and 65-75 during the day. The trees have beautiful colors, for a change.

Now, if it would just stay like this til about April....then warm up....

[ October 30, 2011, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Si...

My "tagline" on our local Mexican discussion forum is "Fours years snow free... and counting!!!"

I'll enjoy 75-85F during the winter anytime. [Cool] [Cool]

[ October 30, 2011, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
928c in La Mirada? Now that is hot!

Earliest snowfall since the Civil War? That must be what caused this.

Global warming? Now think...with all the extra people now on the planet and all of them heating their homes and cooking food...that must be the culprit, but then again with the extra people and the increased use of ice in their drinks? It is a blithering mystery! I bet it is all of that hot gas coming out of politicians.

Now here is the real conundrum: If it gets hotter and more ice melts from the polar caps, the shoreline increases, right? More surface area of the oceans to evaporate into rain and ergo more rain to cool things off. I wonder if it is not just some drama to get us to buy more climate change taxation. 15000 years ago it was alot different with the ice age and they did not have any diesel trucks then. Ain't that how the naysayers tell it?

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iam glad boone let me buy that wood stove. its been COLD here at nite and the mornings. down to 44-46 degrees))))))). notice shorts, short sleeved shirt hehehehehehehe. days have been in the mid to upper 70's.
 -  -

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Moroney
Resident

Member # 9498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Moroney   Email Bob Moroney       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fire gets any higher you will be needing the greeeeeeeeen speeeeedo....)))))). Nice to see you enjoying life OP....))))))))

--------------------
Bob Moroney
The Sign Guy
310 Club Valley Drive
Falmouth, MA 02536
508-259-6297

Posts: 216 | From: Falmouth, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE New Hampshire.....

We ended up with 12+ of nice wet heavy snow....on the positive side....great for snowballs and making snowmen....or snow pumpkins!

We are blessed....we have no damage to the house, our vehicles or us. We have a generator, woodstove, plenty of wood, gas grill and food. We are so much better off than some.

The power company is saying 5+ days before power is restored. Our town was at 98% power outage, buut as of this morning 87%....we are getting there.

I have the hotspot option on my phone, ao I can keep up with what's going on!

Hopefully everybody else is well!!

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to have to send a copy of that picture of OP to folks back up north. They used to laugh at me when I told them we had a fireplace, when we lived in Florida.

It happens!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale,

It must be a little cold there,
OP has his shirt on.

monk

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve's not allowed to show the pic of OP without it.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!