Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Arcola Project Leaders and Mural Themes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arcola Project Leaders and Mural Themes
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to it!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, that's gonna be a tough one. I want to work on the Amish mural and wear my Amish hat. (We should all wear Amish hats while working on that one) But the Hispanic mural might be right up my alley. FranCiso and I ARE the Hispanic migration to Arcola. I'd like to see some Mariachis playing at that one.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright!! looking forward to this one. Alicia if we can't get any Mariachis, then I'll have some Mariachi music!!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the Capital C Cisco. I will make that change. We have a great team of project leaders for Arcola and the town can't wait to get to know you all. I would love it we could have a Fiesta with Mariach band.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cornbread says he has an Amish hat on order for me - sorry Cisco, but us Amish hat people have to stick together - DIBS on ALICIA!!!

This one's gonna be a ton of fun. Please, anybody out there who hasn't experienced a Walldog meet yet, put it on your calendar and do what you have to do to get there. You'll be glad you did.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cornbread, no problema, if we can't get em, I'll start loading up some Fiesta music.

Sonny, nah nah nah, blood is thicker then water, I'll get her a real cool sombrero. When were done, then she can go do the Amish thing, and maybe I'll go too...

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where should the Germans with the Spanish name go? hehehehe Hey, I call Bill "Kemosabe" all the time....maybe we should do the Lone Ranger. I feel like Ozzie & Harriet.... Looking forward to being able to JUMP from mural to mural.
Who is bringing the Muriels?

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Fiesta music, Cornbread asked me to put together a CD with songs relating to each of the murals. Obviously, "City of New Orleans" is a shoo-in, but I'd love to hear your suggestions for the others. Ozzie and Harriet: maybe a Ricky Nelson song? Lawn Rangers: William Tell Overture? Candy Kitchen: I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow?
Put your thinking caps on and help me out.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to be back in Arcola next weekend and I need to pick up that hat for Sonny. I think I'll try and mail it to him so he can design his mural wearing it.
One thing I think would be fun is if anyone wanted to bring their bicycle. This town is small and the Amish are on bikes most of the time so the community is friendly towards it. What better way to get from mural to mural than on two wheels.
At this time we only have one mural that may be away from the all the others. I’m happy to say it’s not Michael Clark’s project. Michael you can thank me latter. Something else I’ve be talking with organizes about is an Amish buggy ride for the Walldogs. I think it would be fun if the painters could take a tour of the town or countryside. I have been informed that the buggy can’t get a flame job even though it would look cool.
If anyone has been following the Walldog fan page on Facebook, the elementary school students in Arcola have collected over 14,000 bottle caps. Now we need to come up with a project to use them all on. I thought it would be fun to make a mural form bottle caps but I didn’t think that we ever get this many. Now that we have them all and more coming a project needs to be designed. This all started out as a way to get the town involved in the project and the kids have taken it to the next level. It’s pretty cool!
All and all the meet is moving along smoothly and looks like the town is getting very excited about Walldogs. At this time we have around 45 painters signed up and it’s looking to be another fantastic meet.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brenda and I are looking forward to this event as it lands on our 1 year wedding anniversary. Looks like a great lineup of projects and project leaders.....only problem is picking someone to help?

Anyone need a hand with their project? We'll be hanging out here warming up by painting the vintage Harley Board racer on our basement wall, until then....

Hey Sonny, ya'll have any Amish, extended play, dance music down that way????

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Dale, you know you're always welcome to kick it on the mural I'll be working on. Soon as I get the info, i'll start putting a design together. June will be here sooner then we think. I'll make sure the rain don't kill my ipod this time.

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Gotcha Amish right here, Dale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xKn9bk9JAk

I'd be honored (again) if you and Brenda and Jenna would like to paint with the Culture Club - we can even renew those vows on a scissor lift......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Great Sonny...

And Brenda was worried that we might somehow offend the Amish folks there....I just don't see it happening [Wink] [Razz]

Maybe I should start building that 500 watt surround sound portable music player that I have designed?

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad that the great state of Illinois is crazy about murals and that I can be a part of it. I have learned that the best way to experience a walldog event is find a mural that interests you and volunteer to help. I have had a great time working with Dan Sawatsky on his murals as well as working with others like Carol Kaufman, The amazing Diaz family, The unforgettable Sunset, and many others.

Getting around to visit the artists that we see here on Letterville is the best way to get to know everyone. I was a newbie until I made the trip to Jacksonville, IL to see what this is all about. I met several folks that recognized me from my posts and made me feel welcome.

I had a blast in Plymouth, Wisconsin this year and look forward to Arcola. With our computer-run sign shop, we don't get to paint as often as we used to so doing a mural is a creative vacation to me!

Step out and try it if you have never done it before. Everyone is willing to show you how and it's the best hands-on help you will ever get.

Sign-cerely hooked, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Scott...I'll bring my favorite two
wheeler...heh heh heh.

The Unforgetable Sunset....snort giggle!

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Can I ride on the back wearing halter-top?

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!