Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Another Help-Portrait event coming soon!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Help-Portrait event coming soon!
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dec. 10, 2011 (and possibly a second event on Dec. 12)

A couple of years ago, Kelly Thorson turned me onto to the "Help-Portrait movement", and I am now organizing my 3rd event. I have a good friend/photographer that has been helping me with most of the portraits.

The first year we went to a local shelter, Bethlehem House, and took lots of photos of the residents- a few of them had never had a portrait taken before. Here's a short promo video of that event- 2009 Help Portrait, Conway, AR

Last year we worked with an organization that helps and mentors ex-convicts and ex-felons get their lives back together and back on track. We took portraits of some of the families- many of whom had never had one taken. We had 8x10 printed and delivered to them right before Christmas. I was very grateful for all of the help and support from our community and church, I even had some support from some folks right here in Letterville! (you know who you are...) Thank you so much for being involved.

This year we are looking at working with both places for 2 separate events. We are really excited at the response as well as the feedback and stories from the people. I'll keep you posted on the progress- hopefully I'll be able to get a video put together this year...

For more info Help-Portrait

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you, Michael! My daughter Jess is also in the throes of organizing her third event. Not only has it been a gift to the recipients, but I think it has created a venue for the local photographers to come together as a group working together rather than competing.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, I really do owe it to you and your original post- I read it on a Sunday night and something clicked, I did some research on their site, talked to a buddy of mine, and before you know it, it was ON...

Last year, 3 other local photographers did an event at another location here in town- we emailed ideas back and forth, and I think they had a good event as well.

--------------------
Michael Clanton
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael, now that, makes me smile...Thanks

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really great. I am hoping I can pull something together. My daughter has a volunteer requirement every quarter at school and this will help her out in addition to the warm fuzzy feeling you will get from those helping others.

The videos are really inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year I had several people approach me about donations to help with the event costs and such. THis year, the Help-Portrait organization is helping out with that to make sure everything is run smoothly (and honestly) they have set up donation funds for various events- if you are interested in providing a donation, you can go to http://www.help-portrait.com and find out how to donate to local events- our event is: https://help-portrait.donortools.com/my/funds/44095-Help-Portrait-Conway-Arkansas

[ October 28, 2011, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Michael Clanton ]

--------------------
Michael Clanton
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!