Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » What originally led you to Letterville? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What originally led you to Letterville?
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just curious how most of you originally found your way here to Letterville?

I have been looking at the 'Resident Numbers'lately. The lowest one I can find is Bob Rochon at #30, and the newest that I see is Mike Simpson at #20,303. That is incredible!

There are several members here with resident numbers less than one hundred:IE: Dan Sawatzky, Brian Stoddard, Checkers to name just three, meaning they have been here a long time, and still contribute and share their knowledge. Many thanks for continuing to share.

Several others are numbered in the hundreds, Sonny Franks, Glen Taylor, Deri Russell, Jane Diaz, Old Paint, Judy Pate, Bill Riedel, Old Paint, Preston McCall, Rick Sacks, Bruce Bowers,
Dave Draper and so many more. I enjoy that you and others are still here.

In the thousands.... Sam Staffan, Craig Sjoquist, Len Mort, Steve Luck, Sandy Baird,, W.R. Pickett, William DeBekker, Catherine Kennedy, Kelly Thorson....etc.

Now in the tens of thousands....Bob Sauls, Cal Trauter, Doug Haffner, and Mike Simpson are just a few names.

For me, every single one of you are a big part of my daily life as I read your posts and learn from you and about you. Just as much is learned from a newbie's post as from the seasoned veterans here.

For me (the short version)...it was shortly after I opened my quicky sticky sign shop that a 'friendly competitor' explained to me about Letterheads and told me that "If you ever get a chance to go to a Letterhead meet....GO!"

With much reservation I took his advice attending my first 'Letterhead' meet in 1998 in Banff, Alberta. I was hooked at 'Hello' and have never looked back! I lurked in the shadows, I watched with much admiration, I drooled at the talent before me, I took pages of notes, I soaked up every detail I could. Since that first meet, I have travelled to at least a dozen meets/classes, to many parts of Canada and the USA and have met many of you in person and learned soooooo much.

Although vinyl is my money maker, I love to dabble and learn the old handpainting ways and techniques. Am I good? Hell No...but I love to muck in the paint anyway. Thanks to each and every one of you for posting. I will continue to practice, practice, practice and be happy doing it.

Thanks Steve and Barb for keeping us all together and growing at 'Letterville'. (Watch for my long overdue voluntary membership dues)

Let's hear your stories....bring them on!

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came here to find spellcheck for my quills and I am still waiting for someone to tell me where I can get it....or was it the scintillating nature of some of the beautiful women here who know the difference between Helvetica and Caslon....or could it have been the great pictures by the artists here who share their vision of what a good sign should look like? We dare and we share!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought my very first computer (not counting my Gerber Sprint, which did not connect to the internet) from a company in Ft. Wayne - I had never held a mouse or seen this new thing called the world wide web, but during the one day training class, they showed me the original Letterhead site. It was very slow to load, but I was hooked the instant I laid eyes on it. That was the early nineties as I recall, and I've been here ever since. I don't think my life would have been nearly as good without my Letterville neighbors - thank you all.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan, I think the early residents here had a revamp or a reset of their numbers-that might be pre-900 or something.

Signcraft magazine led to me be keen to attend a letterheads meeting in Australia.
I'd seen a website about Letterville, but we didn't have the internet here then, and some time after attending our first L'heads meet here, (and with a bit of encoouragement from Gail & Devo Beattie!), I joined Letterville-as newbie resident #3500.

It was two or three years later we got the internet connected at home-in the early 2000s, and I could participate here a bit more often.

Thank you VERY much, Steve & Barb!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sitting on the Can and reading a Sign Craft... well maybe I wasn't sitting on the can, lol but I believe SignCraft had something to do with it for sure...It's been a great Ride!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burningman > Nick Weber > Noel Weber > Letterville

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meeting Steve at a meet many years ago, he said I should get aboard because he thought I could be of help to some people.
I have told many that the Letterheads mean more to me than the olympics, superbowl and world series. It is the best thing to happen to the sign business. The quality of signs became much higher because of the Letterheads.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An ad in SignCraft led me Letterville. So glad I came here, my life is so much fuller for being here. All the Letterheads I have met over the years have greatly enriched my life. Thanks Steve & Barb!

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An ad in Signcraft led me to Paul White who had just gotten back from teaching at Boise. Excellent adventure that has certainly changed my life!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Making Wood Signs" by Patrick Spielman > Signcraft Magazine > Letterville

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Simpson
Resident

Member # 20303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Simpson   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Simpson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having been a long time admirer of the art of handlettering and classic signage an old time sign painter and I made an attempt to enter (for him, re-enter)the field in the early 90's. Unfortunately vinyl and computers were coming into their own at that time and both of us moved on to other things. Since that time I have lurked here and there and this summer I decided to get back to it. First the Letterhead website and then Letterville. Very glad to be a part of it. Just finished a workshop with Noel Weber and John Studden so now I am committed. I have long worked with gold on my picture frames but now I'm addicted to gold on glass. We'll see where it goes from here. I'd like to thank all those who post what they are up to. It is always very informative and appreciated.

--------------------
Mike Simpson
Simpson Studios
324 E. Main St., montrose, CO 81401
970-249-1098
www.mikesimpsonart.com

Posts: 30 | From: Montrose, Colorado | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bart McCune
Visitor
Member # 21369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bart McCune   Author's Homepage   Email Bart McCune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post on facebook of a movie about david smith> david smiths website> letterheads. Just wish i had found it years ago.

--------------------
Bart McCune
Madness Pinstriping
Westminster Colorado

Posts: 58 | From: Westminster, Colorado | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was randomly surfing the web one day...was searching sign related material...nothing specific...I easily could have passed over the Letterville link...but with one serendipitious click of the mouse I found this very interesting, informative, helpful, and talented group of signmakers.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard the statement made to me from people saying...Bill you are the best and do some beautiful freehand script.I'm greatful for comments like this.As long as we admit that we're not the best,we can be a part of this information highway called Letterville to move closer to reality.I look forward to reading posts every day and anticipate learning new skills and the best way to tackle problems.Thanks to Tim Barrow for introducing me to Letterville...Heisthebest in these parts!

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be a long time ago, 'cause I don't remember. I know it was before Banff, because I hooked up in Banff with a bunch of my Letterhead Chat Pals... Si, Signmaker, Covey, Spyke, Samason, Lazy Edna, Judster, Nettie, Barb, Steve and others. I remember Steve saying the site had been re-formatted at one time and all the original registration info was messed up.
I still faithfully drop in everyday to see what my pals are up to, even though I don't have much time to post.
Good post Sue.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was Signcraft too, but I do believe it was the mid to late 90's. I remember all the sign "gods" from signcraft being here, and some are still here. [Smile] I can't imagine my career without it.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's TBUK...Anybody heard a word..?

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I remember right, and that's a big if, I was the same as Wayne Webb.

Making Wood Signs" by Patrick Spielman > Signcraft Magazine > Letterville

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've either slept or not slept since I first found Letterville and have no clue how I got here in the first place. It was very early in the history of this site, long before Banff. I think my original member number was in the 80s but got bumped to 108 in the reset.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was a POP up Link from "Ms. Linda's House of Pain"

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't actually remember how I originally found my way here. I do remember in the early days we only had a dial up internet connection. Thought it was amazing to be able to chat with fellow sign people on the other side of the world.

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember the exact year, maybe 1995, but it was before there was an actual forum. All it was, was a list of people from here and there with contact info. THAT soon changed though.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What led me here was a internet search for Letterhead Mag, I was looking for sign related sites since I was now able to get on the net. Letterville popped up which took my eye.

Yes Letterville has been great inspiring, learning, challenging, resourceful, encouraging and everything else thank you

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernie was on line and did a search for sign makers or sign information.
He found the site, a few months later Bruce Bowers had his second letterhead meet. It was our first meet. Tramp lent me his mahl, to replace the "piece of firewood" (a 1" dowel) and taught me some hand lettering. I have been to 7 meets. The best for me was Jills Mars meet.

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found letterville through SignCraft way back in 1998 just after I got my first computer.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found letterville through SignCraft way back in 1998 just after I got my first computer.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I had just discovered Signcraft and the term "Letterhead". Then I wondered if there was a www.letterhead.com and sure enough, here it was.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 910 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first meet was Jill's Mars meet, after being told about it from an old sign painter/friend of mine. That is where I found out about Letterville. I have been to several meets, & learned so many things. My health has not been real good the past few years, but I am not giving up the fight. I plug along & do what I can.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember. But its been one heck of a fun ride.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was introduced to Dennis & Pat Raap through my sales rep from Advantage Sign Supply. He told me that they had a router, and I needed a router guy to help me with my first 3D sign.

They were unlike anyone else I compete with in my area. They have a refreshing approach to business, not necessarily viewing all competitors as enemies. I like that! [Smile] I had been in the sign business longer than them, but have learned from them. It's a nice exchange [Smile]

It's all their fault that you all have to put up with me here. [Smile]

I have been to two meets, where I met some very nice people with the heart of a teacher.

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dennis and I can't really remember how we got connected. We are both thinking that it was through Signcraft.
We got familiar with the meets when our neighbors were invited to Mike Meyers Meet in Mazeppa, to have their Monster Truck trailer done. From there we were hooked! I was kind of lost there, not quite sure where I fit in...then Peach got us working on his wall...taking time to teach us.
We have made many great friends on this site over the last few years!
Thanks Steve and Barb for creating such an awesome community! [Applause]
And thanks Rick for your kind words!
[Group Hug]

PS....Great post too! [Smile]

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 576 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't remember how I got here, but sure glad I did.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, let's see. Oh yeah I remember. With my signkit in hand, I was hitch-hiking along the web, Hopped a train and jumped off at Letterville.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guy named Neil Woodgate told me about it when I was in the San Diego area. He moved to England and I haven't heard from him since. I still check in but have not had much to say lately but still get a lot out of it.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1050 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was looking for tips, advice, technical expertise, etc ...... and I found it!!!!!!!

plus Steve was a gracious host, I don't care what anybody says about him.

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember causing so much trouble with Dave Grundy (good trouble) that when Steve Shortreed got out of the hospital he called me try to figure out who I was and why I posted so much crazy stuff.

I accepted the heartfelt counsel, went on to use this site to make some sense of the changing times
affecting sign painters who were struggling with the new vinyl machines and the idiots who were ruining the craft. Then it changed again to wide format printers.

Then that Grampa Dan guy came along and blew us all out of the water with that Giggle Ridge project.

I'm trying to retire these days. Its not so easy to retire in these times.

But the things I learned here took me from working out of the house to developing a huge business, that crashed in the recession that didn't happen in 2009, and sent me back to the house, wiping out the retirement plan.

Remember Don Adams from "Get Smart" who would hold up his thumb and index finger and say: "
Would you believe I missed it by this much?"

I missed it by that much alright....hhahahah oh well!

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too many naps have effected my memory. I have no idea how I found this place. Heck, I can't even remember how I got to the studio this morning.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You probably fell asleep there yesterday and snoozed at your desk overnight.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alica had lipstick in her signkit so she could travel, no doubt!

Susan...great thread!

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Draper!!!

Any "trouble" we had was all in good fun. I think I might still have that "winking" animated GIF of your self-portrait cartoon.

You were very helpful to me in Indiana and I still remember your generosity.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that your retirement plans got sidetracked. Keep at it Dave and it will happen.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!