Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » coming home to roost

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: coming home to roost
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having visited Mike Myers backyard gallery of signs at the Mezzeppa Letterhead, meet few years back, It had left a lasting impression on me and had always wanted to start something similar.

Yesterday I received a call from a woman that I had done a sign for her daughter's café a while back. The daughter went off to college a year ago and the café has been closed since then. The daughter has decided to travel the world for a while.

The mother is renting the building out, and wanted to know if I would like the sign back. She had remembered how much I liked the sign and more that once she had caught me sitting across the street in my truck, staring at the sign. I think she once called me her sign stalker.

I am happy to have the sign return home, and I made her a promise to keep it in good shape in case the daughter comes home to roost and the the café re-opens.

Until then, my backyard gallery has it's first piece.

monk

-

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW.........nice piece to get back!

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks John

It is 6 foot long and 3 feet high and made entirely with extira. Benjamin Moore paint...no vinyl. The Kindred lettering is 3/4" set into a .100 pocket. The marketplace lettering is hogged out 1/4" deep.

I really like this mother and daughter pair, and
since the sign is back home here up on the wall I have enjoyed sitting with a can of coke and getting reacquainted.

It's funny how it's return has seems to have warmed up the work area, and it's the first thing I see every time I walk through the door.

The sign has always been a bit unfinished. The 24 year old daughter was doodling one day when I was there, and she had drawn a stick figure of herself as a little girl. I suggested that we place the image behind the sign, but there was little room above and below on the wall where it was going. I redrew her sketch in a way that I though was both playful and still fit in the space we had to work with.

The sign had to go up quickly, as they where about to have their grand opening, and things got busy for both of us and it was never really completed. Maybe when things slow down this winter, I will add a little cnc red headed girl to the sign.

-

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way cool Add it also looks even more fun

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

sorry,,,twitchy finger, double post

[ September 17, 2011, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Sandy Baird ]

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great sign- no wonder you enjoy looking at it!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!