Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Walldog Announcement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walldog Announcement
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANNOUNCING:
A WALLDOG EVENT (UNTITLED AS OF TODAY)
IN THE HEART OF NORTHERN INDIANA'S AMISH COUNTRY
AUGUST 2014 / SHIPSHEWANA, INDIANA
THEY WILL FEED US ALL
THEY WILL HOUSE US ALL

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indiana wow been a long time since I've been through that state rolling hills of crops, sky as blue as it gets, the wind blows through and cool. a reachable distance to get to, most interesting history of life in America, another year to look forward to for a Walldog event.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Haffner
Resident

Member # 12445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Haffner   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Haffner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super! You should show Shipshewana the sharp shapes we shared this summer near Sargento's shingle.

Thanks for the news!

--------------------
Doug Haffner
Haffner Signs
www.haffnersigns.com
309-338-9570
211 W. Williams
Wyoming, Il

Posts: 211 | From: Wyoming, Illinois | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord willin', we'll be there. Now where can I get me one of those Amish hats like Alicia has?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a difference from how it used to be, we have come a long way baby. I think the Diaz family are responsible for the change for the better.
Will be looking forward to it.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Debbie Karr
Visitor
Member # 11598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debbie Karr   Author's Homepage   Email Debbie Karr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eeeee-ha!!! Please reserve 2 spots for me & Andy.

--------------------
Debbie Karr
Land’s End ARI
Artist/Illustrator

Posts: 45 | From: Florida/Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE Shipshewanna!! It is a beautiful little town with GREAT shopping, flea market, etc. They are big into painted barn quilts and even flower bed quilts. And if any of you are quilters....OMG....died and went to heaven! And Sonny you WILL be able to get an Amish anything there. I'm so excited!!! Can you tell?!?
SIGN us up!!
And I guess I don't need to add that if you need help, you KNOW you can call on us! [Big Grin]

[ August 16, 2011, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipshewanna? Rolls off the tongue, eh?

I can't imagine how this event gets Butlerized . . . but I'm sure looking forward to witnessing it!!

If you need anything . . . just speak up, Dave and Suze.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sign us up too David....as always, if I can help at all let me know.

Take care Guys

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did someone say Flea Market at a Walldog meet?

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have ACRES of an all summer long flea market with a great indoor market in front of that with all types of Amish cheeses & sausages & meats. It's a great spot! We were only there for about 4 or 5 hours but I have wanted to go back ever since.
I'm not sure what the Amish will think of all of us crazy artists though. hehehehe

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a great place to have a walldog meet. Sure would like to make this one!

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been wanting to go to Shipshewana all summer!
August, 2014 is on my calendar!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 575 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I lived in Indianapolis, in the 60's.
maybe this deal would be a gas...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounded like a great idea until I realised..It is now August 2001... So August 2014 is 3 years down the road...Crap, I'll be 70 years old!!!...Si will be 200....

God willing we'll be there too, just for the fun.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Turner   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ready to go to Indiana as needed!

--------------------
Ted Turner

Paint Designer / Stylist - Styling Dept.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Product Development Center
11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

ted.turner@harley-davidson.com

Posts: 81 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best to you David. You are the best buddy.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds neat! Thanks for the heads up!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man... Now I have to change my lifelong goal. Appy made me realise that I will be 60 by that time. My goal has always been to sell everything by the time I'm 60 and open a hot dog stand on the beach in Aruba. Guess I'll have to shoot for 61, cuase it looks like I'll be in Indiana when I'm 60.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great!

This should be the best attended one so far, because we are thankful for all you've done for us dogs, David and Susie.

I first heard of the name, Shipshewana, years ago. It must be some sort of flea market/shopping mecca according to Jane. That's probably why I haven't been there and Jane has.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez 60 Don! Me 2, and if I'm not mistaken Dan Sawatzky and Mr. Butler too. We had better study up...
 -

[ August 17, 2011, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked my calendar, we're open.....

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good I'm in!

2014 Wow. First thing I have on my calendar for that year. Wonder if my computer (calendar) will last that long. Let's see, how old will I be by then? Yes. Old enough. Older enough. Oh my. Ouch.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should we thinking about a Bluz Boyz (Tom, Brent, Sonny & Bill) mural for this one?

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

The only problem with that Brent is we would be laughing too hard to get any work done! hehehehe

[ August 17, 2011, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Ray Guzman
Resident

Member # 5856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Guzman   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Guzman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Butlers, sounds Great Count us in.

--------------------
Ray Guzman
BrainWaze Studio/Hoboken Sign
450 7th Street,Hoboken, NJ 07030

rayboot8@optimum.net

Posts: 30 | From: Hoboken, NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief, I'll be 70. Wonder if I can keep from drooling all over myself. That was the age I had set to retire. Maybe this could be my celebration.

Pencil me in and I'll check with my boss.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2014, let's see by that time I'll be,,,yikes!,,,Fifty Six. I'm gonna bring a lots of duck tape. "Gotta hold stuff up"

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3813 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in.

Ray, I'm right behind ya. They might have to prop me up against a wall.

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Hey, all this talk about being old...I'm getting depressed! [Eek!]
We need to get some young blood involved so we can teach them and they can prop us all up! I know it is fun for Bill & I to see the boys do their thing. I think we all need to make an effort to bring some young newbies along so we can keep this movement going. Look around you and try to encourage some new people to get involved! It's hard to describe to someone how much fun this is...but try.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woohoo sounds like a winner...the Amish always built things so beautifully and took pride and dedication in every walk of life.

I remember my dad's motor home that they built and it was gorgeous inside and out. I have been to PA to Downing and the Lancaster County to stay with my friend an equine nutritionist and we mingled with the Amish there. When I lived in central Ohio a man in his buggy with lanterns and horse used to go past our 100 year old house and it was so dark and enchanting as my son and I would listen to the klippity klap of the horse on our brick street..so silent and a part of the past.

I would love to attend, maybe finally do a project mural myself for a change.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Masters
Visitor
Member # 851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Masters   Email Bill Masters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in as long as I'm on the right side of the grass.

--------------------
Bill Masters
Golden Signs
Scranton,PA
signbum@msn.com

Posts: 86 | From: Scranton,PA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alicia B. Jennings:
2014, let's see by that time I'll be,,,yikes!,,,Fifty Six. I'm gonna bring a lots of duck tape. "Gotta hold stuff up"

yeah right... I wouldn't worry about that...

..."holding up" traffic is more like it [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Alicia at turning 56 in 2014. I'll be there too and I'll still be able to climb a scaffold because I saw how Bill Riedel does it...
Pixie dust!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...even without all the confirmed details I am excited to put my name on this list. Dave and Suzie....thanks for the heads up. I've never planned that far ahead in my life for anything...but there is a first time for everything...Right? I have my calendar marked.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is everyone worrying about? I will only be 86,
and plan to paint until I get old. It is so nice now to be able to plan each year for another great walldog meet to meet up with so many good friends and make new ones.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!