Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Wishing to purchase a taken domain through Go Daddy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wishing to purchase a taken domain through Go Daddy
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish to look into a domain name that's already taken but not used.

I went through Go Daddy and what halts me dead in my tracks is that the payment agreement is written in such a way that I'm ok with releasing $500 MONTHLY to Go Daddy.

I don't think so...

WHO IS doesn't seem to respond any longer so there's no direct contact avail to the owner and myself.

Any other suggestions on how to go about this?

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you deal with them on the phone?

what is the $500.. is that the amount you are willing to pay if they can get the domain?

I once had them do their "domain buy negotiation" service for me... I'm actiually a pretty big fan of go daddy, because they answer the phone 24/7 & take however long it takes to explain or support their products & services, before & after you buy... but the one thing i didn't get satisfactory results with was the domain buy... they seemed to do nothing. I only owed like 450 but I would inquire once in a while 7 heard, "nobody get's back to us" ..to which i said if that is all that's happened, that's how far i got too... gimmee back my $50... to which they said "sure' and refunded the money!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, I didn't see a phone number, just tried online.

The 500 pops up as a standard schmandard offer they make. What I don't like is okaying that PayPal can allow them to take that monthly. Something's amiss in the auto settings I fear.

I'll try calling. Thanks!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna,..if you do a search for the domain name you can usually find the info on who owns it and their contact info,if you are lucky,...type in "whois and the domain name you wish to buy,... try typing in whois barrowartsigns.com in a google search and you will see that the owner is Tim Barrow and the name registration doesn't expire until 2012,.....you may have to do some searching to find the contact info for the exact owner but it might be more effective and productive to try doing it on your own than waiting on go daddy,...they probably process alot of these type orders and try to profit off of the process,....there might be an advantage to illiminating the middle man here in this negotiation both in time and costs

[ July 18, 2011, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Tim Barrow ]

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do a domain search with many of those sites.. They will lock it up for 48 hours. And some will claim it as for sale when actually it is open.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna,

Try to avoid GoDaddy. They will eat you up in fees.

Try going through Register.Com.

I just helped a client take possession of an existing domain a few months ago (www.southlandoutfitters.com) and was able to get it for $50 for him.

If you need help, feel free to email or call me here at the shop.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, ... have your tried www.mydomain.com ?

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GoDaddy's gotta pay those two girls to stand around and look HOT-!!! Thus maybe the fees being a little high???

Funny ... when you need a domain name it suddenly doesn't matter about the hot chick factor, does it?

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!