Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » what E-mail program to use.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what E-mail program to use.
Jake Lyman
Visitor
Member # 3280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake Lyman   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering what program people are using to receive their e-mail. I have always used outlook express but after if compacted my messages and I lost a ton of e-mails and now today it says I have a tone of new messages but won't grab any I think its time to try something new. I can got to the mail server and get my messages but thats a pain.

Thanks,
JAKE

--------------------
Jake Lyman
Lyman Signs
45 State Road
Phillipston, MA 01331

Posts: 635 | From: Phillipston, MA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thunderbird— no problem ever.

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shop Computers Outlook full version (not express), mobile computers Gmail - (can access shop accounts as well)

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http only, using yahoo.com

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake Lyman
Visitor
Member # 3280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake Lyman   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a computer guy tell me not to use the express as well. I guess I need to do that.

Thanks

--------------------
Jake Lyman
Lyman Signs
45 State Road
Phillipston, MA 01331

Posts: 635 | From: Phillipston, MA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried several time to switch to Thunderbird from Outlook Express. I have concluded that Thunderbird is not for me. It will just up and lose emails with no warning. Someday I will be forced to switch from Outlook Express, but Thunderbird won't be the replacement.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having upgraded all of my computers to Windows7 and began using Windows Live Mail (microsoft's replacement for Outlook Express and Windows Mail), I'm not had a single issue.

At one time I was using Thunderbird exclusively. One day it crashed and I was never able to recover any of my emails except those still on the server.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thunderbird will dump all the mails with no warning
and although there is a program to retrieve them,it takes hours and is not perfect
I had 2 crashes and finally got rid of thunderbird for good
I now use Gmail...its a bit slow to load but works fine otherwise

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went from OE to just outlook and love it. OE was so finicky always wanting to do something. sometimes not working or connecting. It was a relief to get outlook! very nice features

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually use Mozilla suite (internet browser & email app). When I'm out and about I use gmail and like Mike said you can access from anywhere.

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I'm dating myself, I was quite happy with Netscape's internet suite of tools - browser, email, composer and address book.

It has since been replaced with SeaMonkey and I used it for a while without issues.

But I have since switched to Microsoft's office suite for the additional tools - calendar, word processor, spreadsheets, presentation, etc.

One advantage of using Outlook is Microsoft offers a backup application to make it easier to backup and archive all your outlook data - email, contacts, appointments, etc.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Microsoft Live Mail here too. And it was after an Outlook crash and lost emails.

It is recommended not to keep emails in your inbox anyway, When Outlook crashed I only lost the ones in the inbox. I set up folders and basicly stay on top of sorting through emails now.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outlook... Why can you not just cut and paste jpg pics without it taking all day for it to drop in? The insert command works so much faster. You would think Outlook, of all things would make that one easy and quick.

I do still manually archive frequently. There have been times when I search for an old email and the auto archive did not save them.

Another point I would like to see would be to tell you how big the email really is with any attachments and if it will actually go out, not being too big. Hate it when it sits in the outbox for several days and you cannot delete it for even longer. It jams up stuff.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!