Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Befuddled w/ Vista Print / Shopping new BC Printing sources

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Befuddled w/ Vista Print / Shopping new BC Printing sources
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks,

I started using Postcard Press a while back, which are now Next Day Flyers. In the past couple years I switched over to Vista Print, partly because of price, but also because I could get a glossy full colour front w/ a matte full colour back which Next Day Flyers doesnt' seem to offer.

I signed on as a reseller at Vista Print because I thought I'd get better pricing, and also they would send their stuff out without any of their advertising on it.

Well, today I signed onto the regular Vista Print site, and not the resellers by accident, and found the pricing there to be pretty darn low. I realized I was not in the resellers portion though, and jumped over to sign on and place my order. But I found out the pricing there was higher! Huh???

I put in a call to find out what the scoop there was, but really didn't get an answer that seemed viable. blah blah ... sorry but ... blah blah... and that's just the way it is, too bad, ... blah blah.

So, now I was thinking, do I buy these suckers as an average consumer and deal with the marked boxes, or do I suck it up and pay extra to be a reseller?

Wait ... it gets better. After trying to log back on as an average consumer, it kept giving me the resellers pricing page. When I finally got on by googling Vista Print, I got back on the regular site. There were yet another different set of pricing. Also, sometimes when you log on, you get shipping free, and other times that special doesn't come up.

Okay, so I'm after some consistancy here. [I Don t Know]
And is it just me, but don't you think resellers should get the better pricing????

What do you guys think? Who do you use?

Personally, I really don't make much on Business card printing, and of late, I've just been referring my customers to these resources directly. But every once in a while I find myself having to deal with this crap. haha

Yup ... it's feeling like a Monday. [Smile]
~ janette

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you checked out 4over.com?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had good luck with 4over.com...good product and fast delivery. I was going to use Vista once, but like you I was confused by the process.

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie, just wanted to add.....

I don't know what kind of pricing you're offering. I'm offering 1000 cards, full color (4/4, 4/1 or 4/0) on 16pt stock with AQ coating for $95 plus any design time. It cost me $24 (cards + shipping).

$65 for 250
$75 for 500

I hope this helps.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys, I will check them out.

Glenn, is that 24 bux WITH shipping? that's quite the deal.

I typically sell them on getting 2000 cards, because it usually is the best deal for them. I'll sell them at about $150 to 200. for the cards, and charge separately for the layout.

I actually prefer they just hire me for the layout, and then go shopping themselves for printing. haha

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time has way more value than a few bucks.
Just my opinion. And while time is taken from
more lucrative endeavors I would chose the
next best option.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Nettie,

They have several locations throughout the US. The one that prints the business cards for me is located in Florida.

Their quantities go from 25, 50, 125, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000 and higher.

2500 cards at 16pt stock with AQ coating cost $37 and that includes shipping via UPS ground.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Thanks again Glenn, I went on their site and checked them out.

Jack, if there was a "like" button on here, I'd push it on your comment.

I'm bothered that a company is selling something for less money to the end customer, than they are to their resellers.

It would be like our suppliers selling for less to the general public.

So when anyone in the industry then upcharges to their end customer ... they look like a thief! And we all know we don't need any more help fueling that concept!

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie I use Printfirm.
https://www.viaprintfirm.com/home.php

You have to sign up as a reseller. They offer the best prices however their shipping is a little on the slow side I usually wait about one week, which is not too bad. They pi$$ed me off one time with their "your files were the wrong color BS" and I left them and came back like a beaten dog because basically they are all the same and still printfirm was less expensive.

ecolor is just horrible. i was thinking since they are in miami they would be quicker and less expensive, they were not.

4Over likes to cut crooked and print wrong colors and blame it on you

printdirect4less just takes their time and their website is hard to navigate half the time files would not upload

4over had the same color issues, it was MY fault and they were a little more expensive than printfirm.

for business card magnets I use
http://www.memorymagnets.com/businesscardmagnets.html

for envelopes and letterhead
http://www.actionenvelope.com/ae/control/main

if you ever need those self inking stamps
http://www.scstamp.com/

football helmet and sports decals
http://www.factorybacking.com/

ordering presentation folders 9x12
http://www.bargainbasementprinting.com/

i have used all of these and they have all been great and the prices rock. I resell a good bit of this stuff and always can smoke the local printing companies on prices. Not that I'm being an ass but they did go out and buy plotters and a large format printer, fair is fair in my opinion

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie, check out grprint.com

You have to sign up with an account if you want to see their pricing but if you want a reference, 1000 4/4 biz cards with UV both sides is $11 on recycled paper... $27 for 2500 cards.

They have a very wide range of other products as well.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used gr print too with good results on flyers.

I get my cards from printharmony.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wealth of information. Thanks so VERY much. I will be printing this thread out, and I hope it helps others here too who may be wondering about the choices out there. Bruce, I loved your reviews too ... haha

Very helpful to learn from other's experiences.

I am going to sign onto the sites you guys mentioned. Can't have enough plan B's I think, these days.

~ janette

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

Diane Malesky
Resident

Member # 687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diane Malesky   Author's Homepage   Email Diane Malesky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to use Overnight Prints. They were great in the beginning then just went to heck. Horrible quality, etc... Couldn't return, only credit. Then I moved onto GotPrint. Been very happy with them. Many of my customers and locals use them. You can't beat their prices. I've had one bad print but nothing like Overnight.

I have a local printer I try to give business to but again, it's so expensive. It's such a shame, but no different than vinyl replacing paint. I support local as much as possible.

You can still make money creating the logos and layouts. I agree with you of just having them deal directly with a printing company. Suggest several and let them handle it. It's time and $ you don't get back.

I'd bag the Vistaprint. They used to be great and people I know used to use them. So weird how they can change and you can't do anything about it because it's all on line. Changing prices like what you said sounds messed up though.... like not ethical.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Summit Signs
231 Victoria Rd
Venice, Fla 34293
sales@summitsign.com http://www.summitsign.com
Design Is The Difference.

Posts: 271 | From: Venice, Fla | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Gotprint.com.. Been using them for years now and not a problem yet. 1000 Cards with Shipping. $18 Resell at $125.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettie,

I use 4over.com and they have been fine. They are close to you for some things, Tampa, I think and some is in Miami.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used gotprint.com for years also and have had great results. I figure if I'm doing a sign for them and have done the graphics why not offer the business cards too. You can be more of a one stop shop for the customers and it's not that much more work to get them made. With today's economy why not get an extra $75 or so for a job, every little bit helps! :-)

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!