Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » IAM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: IAM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian Scargill
Visitor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Scargill   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Scargill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi OP,
It's really great to hear your going well,whats with the chicken soup, I thought you were a 'veggie' ? Take care and stay well.

Brian.

--------------------
Brian the Brush
brian the brush uk
Yorkshire, UK
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Posts: 123 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol!

OP is now an omnivore ... he will eat anything that moves or doesn't move!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! A PATTI MELT FROM DENNY'S?????????

Are you TRYING to have another heart attack?????

If that food won't kill you it will give your cardiologist a heart attack if he finds out.

And I'm with Brian. I thought you were a vegetarian?

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CARDIOLOGIST.....told me to stop eating all them carbs. his exact words were:
85% of the cholesterol in the body come from CARBS!!!!!!!!!
i went off the veggie diet almost 2 years ago. i have dropped 53 pounds..........eating those DENNY'S PATTI MELTS. and BURGER KING JALOPINIA CHEADER BURGERS.........hehehehehehehehe

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe...Serious question... I know you were a vegitarian for many years... I have heard that the taste of meat was distastful to most vegetarians after a few years.

Did you find it that way?

As I said..a serious question.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8878 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I should eat more carbs. Doc told me I have to raise my cholesterol.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
simple carbs are loaded with them. complex carbs not so much.
grundy, when i started eating meat again, yes, there was a nastyness of texture & taste. got to eating white meat chicken/turkey and fish. did that for the 1st year or so. now this is weird, dec 29-30 i was given 2 pints of blood. when i got out the hospital and eating regular food....BURGERS was what i wanted.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP

Welcome to the dark side. Next, you'll be buying a MAC! [Rolling On The Floor]

If I get out your way, I wanna buy you a steak dinner!

All kidding aside, I have a vegan friend who acquired Krones Disease. Part of her recovery: She had to eat bacon. Sometimes, meat has necessary things our bodies need.

Again, it's sure good to have you back!

[Cool]

[ May 11, 2011, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every now and then I have to eat a cheeseburger so I can get my cholesterol back up to normal. All that grease should help the blood slide through the arteries better.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Vegans are nuts. Vegetarians are misguided. Human beings are omnivores, always have been, always will be. Which by the way might not be too long if we can't stop Monsanto from genetically engineering seeds. Did you know that they have engineered soy to survive Roundup weed killer? That's right! They spray Roundup on soy fields to kill the weeds. The soy survives. They are putting soy in LOTS of our foods. Experts are predicting that eventually there will be no natural, non genetically engineered seeds left on our planet earth. Scarey.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you think we have these big teeth in the back of our Head? To Chew Meat! I certainly believe in High Protien Low Carb.. Carbs are your Enemy... I know!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

dave, dave, dont go there. proper OMNIVORE diet, is a lot of fruits, veggies, nuts, grains and SOME MEAT!!!!!!
our bodies will not exit on purely a MEAT DIET!!!!
intestine is not made for that kind of food. if you have the same intestinal configuration as a CAT, then yea you can survive on meat only. it is not only how you teeth are configured, but how you intestines are laid out. COLON CANCER is the highest among MEAT EATERS!!!!!! lowest in VEGETARIANS. i am 66 and also have no ARTHRITIS/RHEUMATOID problems. just saw a rumatologist yesterday and he had run all the blood work looking for any of those problems and i HAVE NONE!!! could be 19 years as a vegetarian might just have something to do with it? URIC ACID, is the worst thing for your joints. ALL MEAT CONTAINS IT!!!! after 50 or so you body starts to store this stuff, guess where? IN THE SOFT CARTILAGE OF YOUR JOINTS!!!!!! then it drys out the sockets, causes immense paind and discomfort. so you cant say these people who dont eat flesh are totally nuts))))) even for me, VEGANS are a little weird))))))))
on my condition, i made supper tonite. pasta with a red sauce and tofu crumbles. DELICIOUS!!!!! went into the garden tonite, watched wife pick squash and zukes. felling good this evening, but yesterday was a long day and i got over-tired. then couldnt rest. finlly got some good sleep/rest this afternoon. feel a lot better since they readjusted the pacemaker/difib, so my pulse dont go below 55!!!!!

[ May 12, 2011, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The native Inuit or Eskimos have little or no heart disease, it's virtually non existant, their Traditional Diet is Fat Fat and more Fat, Seal, Fish, whales, Caribou, bear, I don't know anymore.... before the 60's heart disease was a lot lower, it's when everything became sugar laden, cereals, Breads, Pastas, Soft drinks... I've always had High Colestoral and Sugar, last year I cut it out the carbs, I went on the High protein, low carb diet, anyway, I did my blood tests after a couple of Months.... my Doctor could not believe my improvement,,, every reading was Great, I felt great... these Sugars are the real enemy for some.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you ever read "the yeast connection", it opened my eyes when my naturopath healer put me on a yeast free diet, no sugar or sugar producing foods (no dairy or fruit or breads), I did fine and lost 30 pounds of slug and my joints felt really great, then I slipped off that after 6 months.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

my rhumatologist at the VA, told me to get S.O.D. some kinda super antioxident. weight is not my problem today. i weigh 230. 6 months ago i was 293.
30 pound of that i did with diet and proper eating, the rest has been to hospital stays. i would not choose that as a good weight lose plan))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine who worked at a city sewage treatment plant, tripped and fell into a ten foot tank of raw sewage. Considering he had work boots and a tool belt on, he sank clear to the bottom. Once Robert recovered from the ensuing illness, he'd lost thirty pounds. Another friend, who hadn't heard about Robert's stumble, commented on his weight loss, and received in reply: "I don't recommend the Amoeba Systems diet plan."

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, oh, that doesn't sound like the way to go!! I would hate to imagine that incident; it sounds like something out of a horror film..(remember Solvent Green!)

OP, I was just referring to myself and how much the toxins had settled in my joints; of course I could eat better back then since I had a nice big garden in Ohio that spring and the reason I went on that diet was just because of a slip on the ice and that time I felt like a mack cruck hit me.

I didn't go in there for weight reasons at all, as that was the last thing on my mind at the time. I was just in so much pain!

That cleared it up and I wasn't trying to lose weight but I'm sure it was good to have the cleansing and it helped me to have increased energy and my deep breathing became better.
My sister had told me about the book and was using that when she had cancer, remarking how she hated to give up fruits because she ate healthy fruits all of her life and loved them.

Still I was hoping to feel better and when my naturopath in Columbus, OH mentioned it I was accepting the discipline wholeheartedly since he was such a knowledgeable person.

They also were heavily into the organic supplemens and organic foods, stressing the acidophilus products everyday. They treated folks holistically and the entire body for the immune system to build rather than treat a particular ailment, especially. They used the arts of iridology, chiropractic, osteopathy, biofeedback, massage, reflexology, and so forth; I was there in the early 1990's.

[ May 15, 2011, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!