Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Go ahead and drop this jerk a note - I did . . . (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Go ahead and drop this jerk a note - I did . . .
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just did this a few weeks ago....

-

Who cares what the guy says. My clients didn't.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As cheap as this weazel appears to be in regards to buying signs and the confrontational manner he exhibits toward the profession trying to make a profit, I'd be afraid to get dental work done by him. Who knows if he applies the same 'purchasing tactics' with the suppliers of his practice??

I'd hate to sit there and wonder if he's using low quality xray machines, dental tools, dental sterilization processes, filling materials, etc. just to save a buck.

I'm hoping that would not be the case.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother used to tell us five children, "If you can't get along with someone, it could be your problem or it could be their problem. If you can't get along with anyone, guess whose problem it is."

When the dentist says, "Virtually every one of these signage purchases was a struggle to complete with numerous ''unexpected'' costs being added to projects", I know where the problem lies.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, you don't surmise that maybe the guy kept adding and subtracting items from the projects, do you? Those change orders can be a bugger... especially when the project has gone into production.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce, I wouldn't be surprised one bit. We recently did two restaurant sign packages and had to deal with the "rest o' rants" of the owner, who changed his mind after production started more often than Elizabeth Taylor cycled through husbands. His executive assistant said she'd be a millionaire if she had a buck for every time he changed his mind. He also couldn't understand why scrapping something in the middle of the project and making it much bigger should cost more. His brother must be the wealthy dentist.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initially it made me mad because I took it personally, but if I substituted another profession in there, I'd think it's a ridiculous statement and start thinking the person saying it was full of it.

Throwing out a big figure as a blanket for all the different types of dentist offices out there further makes me think he's just full of bull.

Hopefully the people reading it will realize what a load of hot air he's trying to sell them.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wrong post

[ December 24, 2011, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ December 24, 2011, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

CURLING AND 2 MAN LUGE are the only canadian sports))))

[ December 24, 2011, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im gonna guess that this BUFFOON probably doesnt hold a legal license to practice Dentistry in this country anymore, I mean seriously if he spends all the time presenting seminars, how would he have time to practice what he preaches and earn the required continuing education points he would need. Or wait, maybe he is a Horse dentist.

Now looking at the glass from a different viewpoint. If WE(those of us reading this) all stop doing signs for dentists. Eventually the guy who bought himself a plotter and thought he was going to make millions in the sign business will be so busy doing cheezy cheap dentist signs, that WE will be able to focus on the quality designed jobs that our customers appreciate.

Remember, Kharma is a BITCH

[ December 25, 2011, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Harris Kohen ]

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!