Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Summa DC4

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summa DC4
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have one of these? If so, can we talk?

There's a very high likelihood that I'm going to get a huge contract that would make going large format a smart move. I'm not a fan of ink & this machine looks pretty good to me.

Who knew getting rid of dead weight would make my business take off like it has? [Eek!]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are'nt you a Fan Of Ink Kissy? Just curious, I Haven't heard much on the other machine lately at all.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Wilcox
Resident

Member # 8042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Wilcox   Email Lori Wilcox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your email!

--------------------
Lori Wilcox
Tabby Ink
Hinton, Alberta Canada
Ph 780-865-4305

Posts: 306 | From: Hinton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my VersaCamm. Just sayin'!!!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
versacamm was the best thing I ever bought for my business......I love the fact that one machine prints and cuts. 6 years with no problems.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I agree with Karen, just leased the latest and greatest VersaCamm.... Bullet Proof!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the versacamm owners: how much maintenance is there? Do you have clogging issues if it sits for a certain amount of time? Is it one of the ones that has to be vented? I had the 2nd worse customer service ever from roland (avery wins the award for worst) so I'm shy of rolands.

I've heard a wide spectrum of info on the summa today, also some info on the mimakis.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you do regular cleanings...once a month depending on how much you use it...you won't have any problems with dried up heads. Plus the machine will turn on automatically and do a quick cleaning when its in sleep mode. Mine doesn't really sit unused for any length of time...maybe 5-7 days was the longest without use...but I believe it can go a few weeks without issues...especially if left in sleep mode.
As far as venting...its eco-solvent so it doesn't need special venting. You will, however, need to have a stable temperature and humidity environment...and last but not least...for the love of god...get a decent laminator...not a POS Daige.
All in all...for $20-25k you should be able to get the 54" and a decent laminator...you don't need the speedy gonzalos one either...look for deals I'm sure they are out there....obviously the 30" would be cheaper...but I total believe the 54" is the way to go if you have the room.
You'll never paint another background board again...lol.

If you can make it to a Roland class in CA you wont regret it. It really is a great machine.

I almost forgot...Rolands service has been great. But more than Roland's service, your dealer will be as important because they have to set it up and assist you.

[ April 26, 2011, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: KARYN BUSH ]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Not only will I back up what Karen said but the cost of operating is far far less than ribbons, and thE quality of prints is like a 35mm Photograph. My machines don't stop, they run 6 to 8 hours a day 5 days a week...and when the prints are laminated they last for years and years outside on trucks and billboards.. I have signs and trucks done 6 years ago that still look new!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Mark Pinkse
Resident

Member # 1204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Pinkse   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Pinkse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will back up everything Neil and Karen said - I am on my second machine and cannot do with out now. Only problem I have had is replacement of a couple of heads due to my own mistake. Like Neil I have work out there 5 plus years that are still looking great and my unlaminated samples from when I first purchased my first machine in Jan. 2006 are just starting to show some signs of fading.

--------------------
Mark Pinkse
Laird Signs
Iron Bridge ON. Canada

Posts: 52 | From: Iron Bridge, ON Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake Lyman
Visitor
Member # 3280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jake Lyman   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I have to say about my Versa-Camm is that it is great..... no major issues. Mabye about $1000 in maintenance in 5 years, and the tech told me I had a real lot of time on mine compared to other people. I am hoping to possibly upgrade it this year to the new one that prints silver. Call me if you want.

--------------------
Jake Lyman
Lyman Signs
45 State Road
Phillipston, MA 01331

Posts: 635 | From: Phillipston, MA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!