Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Another Illinois Walldog Meet in 2013

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Illinois Walldog Meet in 2013
Michael Clark
Visitor
Member # 2268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clark   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got off the phone with organizers in Kewanee, Illinois and they have committed to a Walldog meet in 2013.

They are excited and want us to come. The date will be during their Hog Days celebration over the Labor Day weekend in 2013.

One of the organizers is originally from Pontiac and she has seen first hand what has transpired there and she wants the same for Kewanee.

So mark your calendars now and plan on being there for a hogsational time!!!

--------------------
Michael Clark
Clark Signs
138 W. Main St.
Aledo, IL 61231
clarksigns1@yahoo.com
www.clarksigns.net

Posts: 241 | From: Aledo, IL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Haffner
Resident

Member # 12445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Haffner   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Haffner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet. 15 minutes from Casa Haffner. I can probably put up a few folks at our place.

--------------------
Doug Haffner
Haffner Signs
www.haffnersigns.com
309-338-9570
211 W. Williams
Wyoming, Il

Posts: 211 | From: Wyoming, Illinois | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Illinois sure likes murals.....
Are they aiming to be the Mural State?

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clark
Visitor
Member # 2268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clark   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are Kelly. The communities have seen what has transpired and they want some of the same.

Much like your neighbors seeing that fantastic addition to your house and wanting the same thing.

--------------------
Michael Clark
Clark Signs
138 W. Main St.
Aledo, IL 61231
clarksigns1@yahoo.com
www.clarksigns.net

Posts: 241 | From: Aledo, IL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like a new addition on my house Michael. That is great news about Kewanee, Illinois. We should start call Illinois the Walldog Capital of America. With that I challenge any state to take that title away from us.

I double dog dare them!

Cornbread

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the cops don't catch me and the creek don't rise, I'm in.

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ME TOOOO!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Staying in Doogys..Garage

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm camping in Dougs yard.

[ April 15, 2011, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Scott Lindley ]

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Haffner
Resident

Member # 12445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Haffner   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Haffner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have some newspapers that mention that back in the 1890's a party was held at our place and 38 people slept in the attic! I don't think we could get quite that many up there today, but we have lots of room.

--------------------
Doug Haffner
Haffner Signs
www.haffnersigns.com
309-338-9570
211 W. Williams
Wyoming, Il

Posts: 211 | From: Wyoming, Illinois | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People were shorter back in the 1800s Doug. [Wink]

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Butlers, aren't they supposed to have a walldog meet in 2013, or have they moved it up to 2014?
Keep them coming Ill., you lite up my life.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think I might be there too. [Wink]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, Butler's meet is in 2014 in Shipshewana, IN. Not sure I spelled the town right, but the folks in Arcola said that even where they live in the heart of Amish country, Shipshewana is considered to be like the Amish capital. They have a world class flea market known to all Midwestern women including my wife.

Kewanee is a town about the same size of Pontiac, IL around 12-15,000. See you all there and remember it is the 20th anniversary of the first Walldog meet in Allerton, IA hosted by Nancy Bennett.

We will be honoring Nancy at the initiation. It should be more fun than humanly possible. Be there!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will NEVER miss a Diaz Initiation! Even if it does make small children cry! LOL

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Illinois Walldogs"

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got invited by Dale Manor to help with his mural, you know I'll be there.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure he'll appreciate your expertise Bill - as always, he designed a doozy. And it's BIG......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so fortunate to be a part of the walldogs but even better that many meets have been in my state of Illinois! How lucky is that?

I did like the trip to Wisconsin last year and hope we get to see another state in the future. But for right now, I'll take the short trips. I
feel like I'm going to a family reunion each year. Thanks to everyone who have made this lefty feel so welcomed. It sure has been a great
experience for me.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and Velma will be coming sounds like fun........

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me IN! I must say...I've been out of touch for months and months. My mom was slowing on her way out of this worldy plain and I was with her a lot. She left two weeks ago and I am very slowly coming out of a nine month fog. she is terribly missed, but there is hardly anything that can perk my spirits more than a Walldoggy Meet!!! Can't wait to be paintin' with Ya'll...to quote a good friend!!!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy, I am just reading this now...so sorry for the loss of your Mum. I lost mine in November and I know what you mean about the fog, except mine lasted over 8 years. Mums are very special. I also 'can't wait to be paintin' with ya'll' too. See you in Kewanee.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The initiation/honoring Nancy is well into the planning stages. If you liked last year, you won't want to miss THIS one!!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane, will the Grand Poohbah and his hooded minions be handling the ceremonies this year? We really need to film it this time......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have "plans" and that's all I'm saying. You will have to be there and enjoy the moment! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!