Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Can't buy good taste

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't buy good taste
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, I saw a picture of Flaovr Flav's Chicken restaurant. What an ugly logo. I think it used to be a Long John Silvers place. I wish i lived nearby there. I'd try very hard to sell him a better design.
 -

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather eat fried chicken than try to redesign that thing.

I think KFC will come after him for the FFC. Amazing what you can do with Arial!

[ April 06, 2011, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Brent Logan ]

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to say it but that seems to be the style these days fill it with every wizz bang feature make it loud and obtrusive, well at least they didn't cram it to the top, bottom, sides well the menu huh

Is that a line for them to eat.

Here we got a BBQ that has a very nice looking signage( complete opposite of that ) a line from opening till close 1-2 hour wait, and there is 100s of BBQ stands in the parking lots, good signage pays.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems about right for Flav........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have one here: Waffles and Chicken.
Who would have thunk that one up? Want BBQ sauce for yer waffle? How 'bout syrup for yer bucket of guts?

There was a donut shop in San Anselmo, California years ago that also offered screen repair. Makes sense?

Love those home spun combo shops! "Get your all-in-one shopping experience, here. We also have hogs, dogs, logs and frogs!"...maybe in all caps script?

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beat this Flav!
http://eater.com/archives/2011/03/25/dennys-unveils-a-maple-bacon-sundae.php

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A soul food shop here in Reno has chicken & waffles too! Ain't got no deep fried corn though...ain't got no bling bling either.

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks more like a poster for a wrestling match.

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is just an African American thing with the waffles and chicken....just like us whiteys who put mayonaise on fries in Paris. Years ago, I had four Black guys who worked in my recon shop who were the hardest working guys in the entire shop. Hard hot work and they never complained. Just did the work and were a joy to have around, compared to some of the red neck mechanics. After they scored 99% on the dealership 'cleanliness at time of delivery' for two months running and boosted our CSI rating up, I took them all out for dinner with their wives and girls. Had a ball. After dinner at a nice restaurant, they coaxed me down to some bar for some dancing and a few drinks. Clyde, the oldest, got me a drink: Scotch and milk! It was their favorite, They said it made the hangover much easier in the morning. After dancing with some of the wild women there who were incredibly nimble on the dance floor, despite their rather large girths, I wandered home and laughed about it for days. Scotch and milk! We all got our differences and I respect and admire all of our diversities. The world would be kinda boring without some new twists and turns, wouldn't it?

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The viking helmet in the upper left is the cats meow, what's up with that??? [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flav is known for wearing a viking hat and a LARGE clock on a gold chain around his neck. And of course flashing the grillz...

The photo looks like Flip Wilson, though, not a typical "Flav" pose...
"the devil made me eat it..."

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a Beauty Salon and Taxidermist.. Their sign was made from Reflective mailbox letters.

The Name..

Fluff em
Buff em
&
Stuff Em.

You can't make this stuff up.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

OK. I got one better.
A sewing shop down in the Ozarks: "Sew it Seams"

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

and of course an actual sign from a business that did not make it....
http://www.prestonmccall.com/no%20branes.htm

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a neighbor in south Fla that was very white and cultured and he introduced us to milk and Chevis scotch, not bad at all.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell Flav there's no E on the end of POTATO when you talk to him.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!